HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Coburn to Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
  #26
JagerPuck
Registered User
 
JagerPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the 215
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He won't be available now, but I'd be willing to sell out for him in July.
Coburn + and I would do it without any thought.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
  #27
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
I would move Carle before Coburn. I think Coburn having a down year is a good thing, we can re-sign him cheaper. He might not be playing his best, but with Parent's injury issues....who else do we have ready to step into the top 4 if Coburn is moved?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
  #28
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I would move Carle before Coburn. I think Coburn having a down year is a good thing, we can re-sign him cheaper. He might not be playing his best, but with Parent's injury issues....who else do we have ready to step into the top 4 if Coburn is moved?
I want to see Coburn play with Carle before I make any judgements.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
  #29
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
I do not want to trade Coburn I think he will come around next seasonor in the very end of this season but I would consider if Anton is coming back.

How about Carle for Volchenkov? Can't we do something like that?

Carle and Marshall for Volchenkov?

Watching Volchenkov against Crosby, Parise, Drury, Tavares and Gaborik would be fun!!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
  #30
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I dont see why we cant keep both of them, for now anyway. Coburn cant expect too much money with the season hes having

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
  #31
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I want to see Coburn play with Carle before I make any judgements.
I didnt like that pairing last year....I want to put Coburn with Pronger. Find another partner for Timonen if Parent doesnt come back strong and trade Carle.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM
  #32
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I didnt like that pairing last year....I want to put Coburn with Pronger. Find another partner for Timonen if Parent doesnt come back strong and trade Carle.
Trade Carle when his value is highest?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
  #33
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Trade Carle when his value is highest?
Absolutely.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:59 AM
  #34
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Trade Carle when his value is highest?
Been saying that for over 2 month now.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
  #35
Talbetts
Registered User
 
Talbetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schwenksville?, PA
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
I would trade him for A-Train in a heartbeat. Volchenkov would be my number one target if I was Homer. I would call them every day with someone different or a different package until they got sick of me calling and accepted just to get rid of me.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:03 PM
  #36
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
I can't see the Flyers trading a top 4 Dman during a playoff push. After the season is over, maybe, just because we'll likely resign Emery since we have 0 other plans at goalie and Coburn is probably going to command a bit too much for what hes worth right now.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:07 PM
  #37
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Trade Carle when his value is highest?
I really don't like Coburn, although somehow I hate Carle even more. Probably because of how the announcers have been proclaiming that he has finally arrived, but I don't see it. Pronger is about as elite as you can get, and hes the reason Carle is having a good year. I truely think if Carle was playing with just about anyone else he'd still be seen as an average Dman.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
  #38
Talbetts
Registered User
 
Talbetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schwenksville?, PA
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I really don't like Coburn, although somehow I hate Carle even more. Probably because of how the announcers have been proclaiming that he has finally arrived, but I don't see it. Pronger is about as elite as you can get, and hes the reason Carle is having a good year. I truely think if Carle was playing with just about anyone else he'd still be seen as an average Dman.
I dont think I'll ever get over the fact that we traded Downie for him. I was pissed that day...I emailed Homer to yell at him!!!!!

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:12 PM
  #39
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieHexBergEry View Post
I dont think I'll ever get over the fact that we traded Downie for him. I was pissed that day...I emailed Homer to yell at him!!!!!
Downie is no good either. The Flyers traded mediocrity for more mediocrity.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
  #40
Talbetts
Registered User
 
Talbetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schwenksville?, PA
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Downie is no good either. The Flyers traded mediocrity for more mediocrity.
This is for a different thread. All I will say is that I disagree.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
  #41
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I really don't like Coburn, although somehow I hate Carle even more. Probably because of how the announcers have been proclaiming that he has finally arrived, but I don't see it. Pronger is about as elite as you can get, and hes the reason Carle is having a good year. I truely think if Carle was playing with just about anyone else he'd still be seen as an average Dman.
Carle is what he is....a solid, sometimes very good offensive dman that looks ridiculous in the defensive zone at times. These guys definitely have a place in this league, I just dont think you need them when you have two top dmen and then forwards like Richards that can play the point on the powerplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I can't see the Flyers trading a top 4 Dman during a playoff push. After the season is over, maybe, just because we'll likely resign Emery since we have 0 other plans at goalie and Coburn is probably going to command a bit too much for what hes worth right now.
Agreed....usually you want as many dmen as possible for a playoff run....I would trade him in the offseason though.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
  #42
FlyersRKings
Registered User
 
FlyersRKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Philly suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I can't see the Flyers trading a top 4 Dman during a playoff push. After the season is over, maybe, just because we'll likely resign Emery since we have 0 other plans at goalie and Coburn is probably going to command a bit too much for what hes worth right now.
It deeply upsets me that Coburn is considered a top-4 d-man. I don't want to notice our defensemen other than Pronger and Timonen. I notice Coburn because he continues making boneheaded plays that make me scream at the TV. I have seen at least 10 occasions this year where his play has directly (either own goals) or indirectly (stupid positioning or outright giveaways) caused opposing goals. Carle I've seen that with maybe twice this year, not counting that awful game against Pittsburgh.

Proposal:

Coburn for a bag of hockey pucks and some tape.

FlyersRKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
  #43
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,253
vCash: 500
if the Flyers have any interest in Volchenkov now or on July 1st I would think that they would have to move Carle as well. Moving Coburn would just not be enough to get him under the cap. Especially given he is going to be one of the most highly sought after defenseman on the FA market if he gets there.
As for Coburn I dont think Ottawa is a good fit for him at all as much as I would like to get Karlsson or Foligno.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
  #44
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Downie is no good either. The Flyers traded mediocrity for more mediocrity.
Downie has been good this season. on pace for about 40 points. a little less then Hartnell for alot less money

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
  #45
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersRKings View Post
It deeply upsets me that Coburn is considered a top-4 d-man. I don't want to notice our defensemen other than Pronger and Timonen. I notice Coburn because he continues making boneheaded plays that make me scream at the TV. I have seen at least 10 occasions this year where his play has directly (either own goals) or indirectly (stupid positioning or outright giveaways) caused opposing goals. Carle I've seen that with maybe twice this year, not counting that awful game against Pittsburgh.

Proposal:

Coburn for a bag of hockey pucks and some tape.
Coburn makes some blatantly stupid plays, but he also makes some miraculous plays that not many could. Carle on the other hand really doesn't do a whole lot at either end.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
  #46
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Coburn oozes talent, he just needs to get his head together

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
  #47
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I would move Carle before Coburn. I think Coburn having a down year is a good thing, we can re-sign him cheaper. He might not be playing his best, but with Parent's injury issues....who else do we have ready to step into the top 4 if Coburn is moved?
I'll take my chances on Bodrov or Marshall. Carle actually came prepared to play this year after he was rescued from the scrap heap. Coburn has been given the same opportunity and he's pissed it away for two years in a row now. He deserves no more chances.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:34 PM
  #48
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I really don't like Coburn, although somehow I hate Carle even more. Probably because of how the announcers have been proclaiming that he has finally arrived, but I don't see it. Pronger is about as elite as you can get, and hes the reason Carle is having a good year. I truely think if Carle was playing with just about anyone else he'd still be seen as an average Dman.
Carle has played just as well without Pronger this year as he has with Pronger. If you're going to call a player out, at least give credit where credit is due. Carle has been head and shoulders better than what he was last year and he's bounced ahead of Coburn by leaps and bounds. How many chances does Coburn get before everyone realizes that he just doesn't get it. No matter how much sugar you coat it with, a piece of crap is still a piece of crap at the end of the day. And that sums up Coburn for two years now.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:44 PM
  #49
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Carle has played just as well without Pronger this year as he has with Pronger. If you're going to call a player out, at least give credit where credit is due. Carle has been head and shoulders better than what he was last year and he's bounced ahead of Coburn by leaps and bounds. How many chances does Coburn get before everyone realizes that he just doesn't get it. No matter how much sugar you coat it with, a piece of crap is still a piece of crap at the end of the day. And that sums up Coburn for two years now.
So you think Carle would be a +14 without Pronger? Haha thats funny.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
  #50
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Carle has played just as well without Pronger this year as he has with Pronger. If you're going to call a player out, at least give credit where credit is due. Carle has been head and shoulders better than what he was last year and he's bounced ahead of Coburn by leaps and bounds. How many chances does Coburn get before everyone realizes that he just doesn't get it. No matter how much sugar you coat it with, a piece of crap is still a piece of crap at the end of the day. And that sums up Coburn for two years now.
Well being honest, Carle played like crap for 2 years too. I think if you play Coburn with Pronger, you will see improvement. Its not a knock on Kimo, its just what Pronger does.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.