HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs. Jackets | 7 PM MTN | 02 - 02 - 10 | # 55

Old
02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 500
Avs vs. Jackets | 7 PM MTN | 02 - 02 - 10 | # 55

VS
AVALANCHE (30-18-6) | BLUE JACKETS (22-26-9)
Colorado 6-4-0 | Columbus 4-6-0

Season Series:

Fourth and final meeting of the regular season, with the Avalanche shooting for the sweep. They took a pair of 3-2 decisions in Columbus, on Dec. 5 and Jan. 2, and won the only prior meeting in Colorado, 5-2 on Dec. 19. Wojtek Wolski and Chris Stewart have each tallied three goals for the Avs.

Big Story:

Columbus has been doing its best to turn things around, with four wins in its last seven games, but time is running short on the Blue Jackets. They'll try once again to put consecutive victories together for the first time since a three-game winning streak from Jan. 7-10.

Team Scope:

Blue Jackets:

It had been almost three years since Columbus last won a game in St. Louis. That drought came to an end Saturday night when defenseman Kris Russell scored 1:32 into overtime for a 3-2 victory. The Blue Jackets also got a strong game in net from Mathieu Garon, who finished with 25 saves.

"We're grinding it and we'll see where we go," coach Ken Hitchcock said. "We kept going. We're trying to keep ourselves up and keep fighting. We're not going to skill our way into this (playoff race). We're going to claw our way in it."

Avalanche:

A season-high six-game winning streak has given way to three straight losses for Colorado, which has fallen four points behind Vancouver for the Northwest Division lead. A hat trick by Marian Gaborik on Sunday night doomed the Avalanche in a 3-1 loss to the Rangers.

"We've got to get back to basics," forward T.J. Galiardi said. "When we play a full 60 minutes is when we win games. Teams are jumping all over us at the start of games and it's hard to get yourself out of a two-goal hole. We can't keep playing like that or the losses are going to keep coming."

Who's Hot:

Columbus forward Kristian Huselius has five goals and 12 assists in his last 15 games. Captain Rick Nash has five goals and four assists in his last eight games. Forward R.J. Umberger has three goals and five assists in his last seven games.

Injury Report:

Blue Jackets defenseman Rostislav Klesla is out with a groin injury. Huselius and defensemen Milan Jurcina and Anton Stralman all missed Saturday's game with flu-like symptoms.

Avalanche forward Marek Svatos could return from a chest injury Tuesday. Defenseman Ruslan Salei (back) and forwards Milan Hejduk (knee), Ryan Stoa (shoulder), Matt Hendricks (ankle) and David Jones (torn ACL) are all on injured reserve. Salei and Hejduk have been skating.

Stat Pack:

When he returns to the lineup, Huselius will play in his 600th NHL game. He has 170 goals and 407 points for the Panthers, Flames and Blue Jackets. The Avalanche play five of their seven games in February at the Pepsi Center and 16 of their final 28 overall on home ice.

Puck Drop:

Colorado has responded well whenever it's hit a bump in the road this season. This is the first time the Avalanche have lost three straight in regulation, and they will try to get back in the win column against a team they have played tough in Columbus.

"We've done alright with them this year, so hopefully we can continue that," defenseman Kyle Quincey said. "It's the little details that make you successful. It's about burying your chances and tightening up a little bit on the other teams' better players."

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

alright men. If we lose practically every game from here to the end of the season we'll be right in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes. We can do it boys!!!!!!

Alex Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglestopper View Post
alright men. If we lose practically every game from here to the end of the season we'll be right in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes. We can do it boys!!!!!!
and we'd still be better than last year's team

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglestopper View Post

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
and we'd still be better than last year's team
Where are you getting that from? If we lost every single game from here on out we would two wins and I believe three points shy of last year's team. Come on, we can do it!

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Love Fort Minor...

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 11:30 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

We better win

DatsyukOwns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:03 AM
zingbo2133

im really hoping for a blow just to make sure they guys havent lost confidence and really the jackets havent been to good this year but im happy aslong as we win tho

zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:05 AM
zingbo2133

i changed my avatar to a pick of stewie and it shows tht pic when i go to change it but then when i post its the pick of anderson
anyone know whats going on?

i fixed it now

Last edited by zingbo2133: 02-02-2010 at 12:12 AM.
zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:22 AM
The Situation

I'm going to rage pretty hard if we lose to the BJ's.

The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
It definitely won't be pretty if they lose to BJ. A must-win...if not I'd even expect a trade to occur.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:09 AM
NWAvs

If we lose ill die. Straight up.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
It definitely won't be pretty if they lose to BJ. A must-win...if not I'd even expect a trade to occur.
Haha yeah....don't think a trade would happen. Seventh loss in a row, maybe. But not fourth.

I expect the guys to be pretty damn desperate and firing on all cylinders. Otherwise, we might be looking at another November.

Old
02-02-2010, 08:28 AM
NWAvs

Since I just went through the "bold prediction" thread im making one of my own: Avsboy wants to trade Staz if anything goes wrong in this game. You heard it here first!

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
Since I just went through the "bold prediction" thread im making one of my own: Avsboy wants to trade Staz if anything goes wrong in this game. You heard it here first!
We will have nineteen losses if we lose this game!

Who's starting in net? We should probably give Boods a shot soon, Andy's got to be gettin' tired.

Old
02-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
Quote:
If we lose ill die. Straight up.
I am actually be fine. Hoping for a win, but will be there to support my team

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
Did you guys read that thread in the main board about "bold prediction that Avs will miss the playoff?". What a n00b.
And the guy is a CAP fan, I bet he wasn't a CAP fan when they barely make to playoff three years ago ( winning division on their last day, since that's the only way they can make to playoff... SE was a donkey division).

Old
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Did you guys read that thread in the main board about "bold prediction that Avs will miss the playoff?". What a n00b.
And the guy is a CAP fan, I bet he wasn't a CAP fan when they barely make to playoff three years ago ( winning division on their last day, since that's the only way they can make to playoff... SE was a donkey division).
No surprise really. These were the same people calling for the Avs Collapse back in November saying how we "fluked" out wins in October and so on and so on. Its amazing how the Avs are doin it with so many man games lost to injury. I got a good feeling about tonights game...because Sacco says we will be better.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

liles playing?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Fluke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Yeah I love how he got DESTROYED by all the Avs fans. I was gonna chime in but there was nothing left to be said.

Fluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
liles playing?
Sacco said he will go with 6 D. I guess Liles may sit. Are you interested?

Quote:
Yeah I love how he got DESTROYED by all the Avs fans. I was gonna chime in but there was nothing left to be said
Avs and fans of other teams...

Last edited by Mules: 02-02-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old
02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Where are you getting that from? If we lost every single game from here on out we would two wins and I believe three points shy of last year's team. Come on, we can do it!
loser points

oh and my inability to count

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Foppa Frossa

I'll be at the game tonight - my record is 1-0-1 this season (Both times against Nashville)

If you see a guy walking around in a MoDo Forsberg jersey, feel free to say hello

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 11:49 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
I'll be at the game tonight - my record is 1-0-1 this season (Both times against Nashville)

If you see a guy walking around in a MoDo Forsberg jersey, feel free to say hello
Thats awesome where you get that jersey? Been looking to buy one for awhile now. Hope that record goes to 2-0-1

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Thats awesome where you get that jersey? Been looking to buy one for awhile now. Hope that record goes to 2-0-1

http://modohockey.se/shop_kategori.cfm?sprak=Eng

Helps that my parents still live in Sweden

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote