HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes @ Predators (02/02/10)

Old
02-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Chootoi

vCash: 500
Dallas, LA, Detroit, Colorado all win again. We are getting no help at all. None. The only time the teams around us are losing is when we beat them. I guess sometimes you have to make your own fate.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:49 AM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
I guess sometimes you have to make your own fate.
Heh, I remember that scene from Terminator 2. "She's gonna blow 'im away!"

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

WWE Raw ruined the ice, but it was still an entertaining game to watch. Not a lot of hits or physicality, but both teams battled for every puck.

Aucoin won a team shootout competition they had after that pair of extra point losses to San Jose, so maybe he should be one of our primary shooters now!?

I was starting to think we'd each have to concede the extra point and call it a night. Not enough scoring depth on either team to go that deep.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Dallas, LA, Detroit, Colorado all win again. We are getting no help at all. None. The only time the teams around us are losing is when we beat them. I guess sometimes you have to make your own fate.
Pssst. The Sharks lost.

Old
02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Pssst. The Sharks lost.
Vancouver lost to Eastern Conference Montreal as well.

Old
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
zz

Quote:
That's exactly why it's so hard to climb back in when you're even just 2 points out half way through the season. The top-6 teams usually get in a groove, add a couple players before the deadline and go on a tear for the last 60 days while bottom teams lose key players, motivation, or start tanking for the draft. All the dram takes place around that 7th and 8th spot, and I'm glad we're not part of that so far.

When you're outside looking in, it's not a matter of getting those 2 points back. It's about playing better than the top-8 teams, most of which will probably have a 60% winning rate until the playoffs start. That's tough. Really, really tough.

Right now you may be frustrated that all the teams around us are winning as well, but we should expect it. If you want to feel better our situation, put yourself in the Stars & Ducks shoes. Both are 6-4-0 over the past 10 games, which in itself is pretty damn good, yet they lost ground compared to the top-6 teams. Talk about deflating.

I am very happy right now. We seem to be fully part of the winning pack, adding a lot of padding between us and the bubble teams (#7 through #11).

We're not going to topple the Sharks anyway. #4 or #5 doesn't really make a difference. It's all good.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Chootoi

Quote:
Pssst. The Sharks lost.
Do you really think we can contend for the division? We're playing well but I think that's being VERY ambitious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Vancouver lost to Eastern Conference Montreal as well.
This is true, but they are also a division leader right now and would be ranked ahead of us anyway despite having less points.

I think our realistic goal is to A) Make the playoffs (obviously) and B) Get home-ice for the first round if possible.

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Do you really think we can contend for the division? We're playing well but I think that's being VERY ambitious.
Absolutely, the Coyotes can contend. The Sharks are a beatable team. Whether the Coyotes take the division or not is all up to the players.

This is how I ranked the Pacific at the beginning of the season

1) Sharks
2) Phoenix/LA
3) LA/Phoenix
4) Dallas
5) Anaheim

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Absolutely, the Coyotes can contend. The Sharks are a beatable team. Whether the Coyotes take the division or not is all up to the players.

This is how I ranked the Pacific at the beginning of the season

1) Sharks
2) Phoenix/LA
3) LA/Phoenix
4) Dallas
5) Anaheim
That looks surprisingly accurate. Link to original post or it didn't happen.