HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames trades part 2

Old
02-02-2010, 02:15 AM
struckmatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec View Post
Next, we will see Iginla traded for 2 pieces of string and a pair of 3D glasses.
Their plan for revenue boosting in Calgary is to have showings of Avatar on the jumbotron at the Saddledome.

struckmatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:16 AM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Others have said this, but seriously, how much easier are the Flames to play against now?

Shipped out Phaneuf and Prust who were maybe their 2 toughest players to play against physically, and brought in guys like Stajan, Kotalik, Higgins, and Hagman.

I just don't see what the hell Sutter is trying to accomplish. A move for Kovalchuk seems logical, but Sutter has already said the reason he made these moves is because he didn't like having so much of his cap tied up in so few players and wanted to spread it around a little more. That's hilarious given the fact he's the one that handed out or traded for all those contracts in the first place.

I mean, everyone assumes these moves are precursors to something bigger...But what if they're not? What if this is it for the Flames?...

I mean, a lineup of:

Bourque - Stajan - Iginla
Kotalik - Langkow - Hagman
Higgins - Boyd - Dawes
Lundmark - Conroy - Mayers

Doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart. While it may look like the forward core is fairly "deep" now, when you have one player that you're relying on to provide night in and night out offense, it's a little sketchy. We have the Sedin line we can rely on night in and night out, and then the depth players after them that provide that secondary punch. The Flames now have ONLY an aging Jarome Iginla.

Role players and depth serve no purpose if you don't have any stars in front of them. If teams don't have to focus on shutting down a line full of star forwards, depth guys end up against top checking units and produce absolutely nothing. Look at the Rangers, they are a PERFECT example of this. Beyond Gaborik it is a bunch of depth guys that do next to nothing.

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:16 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
The night the lights went out in Calgary?
Too long Wet...

How about "Brains OFF in Cow Town!"

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:20 AM
CCF23

Read the post again. Sutter said in his own words his goal was to spread the salary better throughout the lineup. Trading for Kovalchuk goes COMPLETELY against that logic. He honestly believes these moves are making his team better.

He's panicking and making moves to try and save his job and dismantling the franchise in the process.

The Flames had no future to begin with, but Sutter is now making it so they're invested in more bad contracts (Jokinen out, Kotalik in), mortgaging what little future they had (trading Aulie), and giving up his established stars for middle of the road players instead of stocking the Flames HORRIBLE prospect pool.

Come this Summer, Sutter will be out of a job, and the Flames franchise will be in HORRIBLE shape for the next 5 years or so because of his ineptitude.

(That was to Vancouver_2010...Dunno where his post went)

Old
02-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Cocomero*

That Kotalik, Boyd and a 1st for Kovalchuk rumor has legs. If that goes down, that proves Waddel is a Flames fan....

Cocomero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Others have said this, but seriously, how much easier are the Flames to play against now?

Shipped out Phaneuf and Prust who were maybe their 2 toughest players to play against physically, and brought in guys like Stajan, Kotalik, Higgins, and Hagman.

I just don't see what the hell Sutter is trying to accomplish. A move for Kovalchuk seems logical, but Sutter has already said the reason he made these moves is because he didn't like having so much of his cap tied up in so few players and wanted to spread it around a little more. That's hilarious given the fact he's the one that handed out or traded for all those contracts in the first place.

I mean, everyone assumes these moves are precursors to something bigger...But what if they're not? What if this is it for the Flames?...

I mean, a lineup of:

Higgins - Boyd - Dawes

Doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart. While it may look like the forward core is fairly "deep" now, when you have one player that you're relying on to provide night in and night out offense, it's a little sketchy. We have the Sedin line we can rely on night in and night out, and then the depth players after them that provide that secondary punch. The Flames now have ONLY an aging Jarome Iginla.

Role players and depth serve no purpose if you don't have any stars in front of them. If teams don't have to focus on shutting down a line full of star forwards, depth guys end up against top checking units and produce absolutely nothing. Look at the Rangers, they are a PERFECT example of this. Beyond Gaborik it is a bunch of depth guys that do next to nothing.
Ive been saying this since the second the Dion trade was made, Could not agree more.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocomero View Post
That Kotalik, Boyd and a 1st for Kovalchuk rumor has legs. If that goes down, that proves Waddel is a Flames fan....
Vancouver can easily offer Raymond, Bieska and 1st round to top that. No way that could happen.

Vancouver_2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

Quote:
waddell's been making a bit of a comeback with some shrewd moves lately

can't see that calgary trade being better than what a team like the kings could offer

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:25 AM
Tiranis

Kotalik was -18 with NYR. Flames will be fun to play against.

Tiranis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:26 AM
CCF23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
waddell's been making a bit of a comeback with some shrewd moves lately

can't see that calgary trade being better than what a team like the kings could offer
The Kings, Hawks, and Canucks could all put together much better offers.

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gillis We Trust View Post
I'm with ya. Prust and Rypien on the same line would be entertaining to say the least.
Seriously man, I remember that game when they both scrapped twice, and man they were both just beauty's.

If we had them both, man nobody would **** with our 4th line.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
CCF23

Oh...and I for one will miss Rypien Vs. Prust

Old
02-02-2010, 02:27 AM
xtr3m

The shootout loss was the last game of Canucks-Flames rivalry, it seems now. Oilers are a non-factor for a while, it's hard to hate Colorado. Minny?..

All we got now is Chicago.

xtr3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Kingsfan1

Switch Sjostrom and Mayers around

You got it mixed up buddy

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Kaesar

It's really too bad we have only 2 more games against them.

Kaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
The shootout loss was the last game of Canucks-Flames rivalry, it seems now. Oilers are a non-factor for a while, it's hard to hate Colorado. Minny?..

All we got now is Chicago.
the canucks goal should be to establish their key rivalries with chicago and san jose

if they want to play with the big boys then they should hate them as well...we've got a good one with the hawks going, now we need some good sharks-canucks tilts

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:33 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
the canucks goal should be to establish their key rivalries with chicago and san jose

if they want to play with the big boys then they should hate them as well...we've got a good one with the hawks going, now we need some good sharks-canucks tilts
LA is an up and comer also or possibly Nashville with all the controversy.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:35 AM
pitseleh

Quote:
Has it been mentioned anywhere other than the Trade Rumours board?

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Agent007

Quote:

I mean, a lineup of:

Higgins - Boyd - Dawes

This is likely what their lineup will look like:

Higgins - Boyd - Glencross
Nystrom - Conroy - Moss/Dawes
Mayers-McGrattan

It looks like one of Moss or Dawes will likely be gone but then again who knows what the hell is going on in Cowtown.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Has it been mentioned anywhere other than the Trade Rumours board?
I am pretty sure Eklund is on it.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
What would I say...

Lunatik: Hey, you;re Darryl Sutter right?

D. Sutter: I am, yes

Lunatik: I am a huge Flames fan, its a pleasure to meet you

D. Sutter: (Slight smile, well his lip moved a little) Thank You, are you enjoying the season?

Lunatik: I was, but then you hired your brother to coach and cut Fleury. Things got a better in November and we started believing we could be for real, then reality set in and it turns out what Canuck and Oiler fans say is true. You really are an inbred hick who doesn't know what he is doing. When are you going to remove your head from your deepest orifice and wipe the fecal matter from your eyes?

D. Sutter: ('Smile' turns to scowel) Excuse me?

Lunatik: D-d-d-d-did I st-st-st-stutter mother****a? You have single handedly ****ed this team up. You should have been fired after Keenan's first year when it was apparent you have no clue how to build a championship team

D. Sutter: (Glares)

Lunatik: You are an inbred piece of garbage and the biggest moron this team has ever hired, but hey you must give a good gummer if Mr. King hasn't fired your sorry ass yet.

D. Sutter: Do you know who you are talking to?

Lunatik: Yes I do and this is for all Flames fans. (Kicks Sutter in the junk and steps on his head as I walk away)

the end...
lol gold baby gold

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Read the post again. Sutter said in his own words his goal was to spread the salary better throughout the lineup. Trading for Kovalchuk goes COMPLETELY against that logic. He honestly believes these moves are making his team better.

He's panicking and making moves to try and save his job and dismantling the franchise in the process.

The Flames had no future to begin with, but Sutter is now making it so they're invested in more bad contracts (Jokinen out, Kotalik in), mortgaging what little future they had (trading Aulie), and giving up his established stars for middle of the road players instead of stocking the Flames HORRIBLE prospect pool.

Come this Summer, Sutter will be out of a job, and the Flames franchise will be in HORRIBLE shape for the next 5 years or so because of his ineptitude.

(That was to Vancouver_2010...Dunno where his post went)
I read the post again and felt my reply was non-sense so i delete it.

Vancouver_2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I am pretty sure Eklund is on it.
I see what you did

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 02:58 AM
serge2k

Quote:
The Kings, Hawks, and Canucks could all put together much better offers.
Cap space.

Canucks COULD offer say, Raymond/Shirokov/1st but that doesn't get them the money for kovalchuk.

And wow Calgary sucks at Center.

Stajan
Langkow
Boyd
Mayers

is their center lineup now? am I forgetting someone?

Just compared to Vancouver and Colorado that's pathetic.

So glad the Canucks have kesler to backup Henrik.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 03:01 AM
timorousme
luongod

for whatever reason sutter decided phaneuf and jokinen needed to go at any cost

something must have happened

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote