Sullivan a stabilizing force for B's

Bruins breakdown

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-23-2004, 07:39 AM
wensink

vCash: 500
Thanks HG

I thought the breakdown was well done. I was wondering about a few of Nancy's predictions:

"MIKE KNUBLE -- He had his best offensive years with Boston, scoring 51 goals over the last two seasons. At $800,000 this year, he was one of the league's best bargains. He's a keeper." - I have to think he's going to be offered significantly more this year by some other teams (Detroit being one). Now if the B's are "willing to walk away" from Gonchar's arbitration, how can we expect them to sign Knuble if he's offered 3-4 million?

"BRIAN ROLSTON -- He had a pretty good season, but not a very good postseason. Still, his speed and skating ability, as well as his penalty killing skills, were all valuable. This one's a pick 'em." - The playoffs will leave a bad taste in management's mouth and if he asks for too much, I'd say it's more likely the B's walk away

"P.J. AXELSSON -- It's rare when owner Jeremy Jacobs singles out any player for praise, but he recently called Axelsson "one of my favorites." - Although I like him as a player, there have been some detractors here. I guess this answers some of questions as to why he's still with the team

Old
04-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Hamilton Brian

Some of Nancy's predictions appear to run counter to what I believe we've heard from both Jacobs and MOC. I wasn't entirely enthused with what I read from her list.

Old
04-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Not trying to detract anything from these articles, but isn't starting a new thread every day a bit much? If people wanted to read them, they could find them.... Or you could have a single sticky where you update the links for each day's articles... You could sort them all by date and keep like a week's worth of articles so people could find previous ones maybe. I guess I'm just sick of seeing a new thread every day for links I never click on.

Old
04-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
Not trying to detract anything from these articles, but isn't starting a new thread every day a bit much? If people wanted to read them, they could find them.... Or you could have a single sticky where you update the links for each day's articles... You could sort them all by date and keep like a week's worth of articles so people could find previous ones maybe. I guess I'm just sick of seeing a new thread every day for links I never click on.
Than just don't click or read those thread. I like those threads and i read those articles. Thanks again Kristy!

Old
04-23-2004, 09:00 AM
blurbruin

SERGEI GONCHAR -- He is likely to head for arbitration. If he wins and the reward is too much, Boston will walk away.

I don't know if I agree with that.... they're just going to walk away from a guy they gave up 2 picks and Morrisson for?

Old
04-23-2004, 09:06 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Brian
Some of Nancy's predictions appear to run counter to what I believe we've heard from both Jacobs and MOC. I wasn't entirely enthused with what I read from her list.
not here to blast nancy, but that article was A W F U L. maybe do some research before writing next time
OC was clear in saying gonchar was back NO MATTER WHAT
and there are more issues i have with it, but i'm too busy to list them

Old
04-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Hamilton Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurbruin
SERGEI GONCHAR -- He is likely to head for arbitration. If he wins and the reward is too much, Boston will walk away.

I don't know if I agree with that.... they're just going to walk away from a guy they gave up 2 picks and Morrisson for?
Yeah, it strikes me as odd. Have not "both" jacobs and MOC come out and say he is going to be in a Bruins' uniform come next season?

Old
04-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurbruin

In the thread DKH started about O'C and Nilan, O'C said that no matter what Gonchar get in arbitration he'll be back next year in beantown. Gonchar is a no brainer. He'll be back. Don't worry.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:40 AM
rickn

I was disappointed that players like Murray, Rolston, McGillis & O'Donnell were not able to turn it up a notch in the playoffs. One must question their competitiveness. Although they made contributions, they did not go that extra mile when their team needed them (experienced leaders) most. Although I feel they make the Bruin's a better team, I don't believe they have earned any kind of raise. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Bruins try elsewhere to get more bang for the buck. These 4 players combined for a salary of @ $13M. Perhaps the Bruins could look at replacements who would love a chance to play on a team with the potential of the Bruins.

I would love to see the Bruins go after the following players:

Barnaby - lots of heart, good agitator, & a scoring ability
Palffy - lots of skill & a great scoring touch
Draper - energy, good checker & he can score too
Klee - good crease clearing d-man who played well with Gonchar in WAS.
Matvichuk - a strong experienced d-man, rarely caught out of position

How about this lineup for next year:

Knuble - Thornton - Palffy
Samsonov - Nylander - Bergeron
Hilbert - Draper - Lapointe
Axelsson - Green - Barnaby

Klee - Gonchar
Matvichuk - Boynton
Slegr - Gill

Raycroft / Thomas

spares: Jurcina, Donato, Corazzini

Old
04-23-2004, 11:39 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickn
I was disappointed that players like Murray, Rolston, McGillis & O'Donnell were not able to turn it up a notch in the playoffs. One must question their competitiveness. Although they made contributions, they did not go that extra mile when their team needed them (experienced leaders) most. Although I feel they make the Bruin's a better team, I don't believe they have earned any kind of raise. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Bruins try elsewhere to get more bang for the buck. These 4 players combined for a salary of @ $13M. Perhaps the Bruins could look at replacements who would love a chance to play on a team with the potential of the Bruins.

I would love to see the Bruins go after the following players:

Barnaby - lots of heart, good agitator, & a scoring ability
Palffy - lots of skill & a great scoring touch
Draper - energy, good checker & he can score too
Klee - good crease clearing d-man who played well with Gonchar in WAS.
Matvichuk - a strong experienced d-man, rarely caught out of position

How about this lineup for next year:

Knuble - Thornton - Palffy
Samsonov - Nylander - Bergeron
Hilbert - Draper - Lapointe
Axelsson - Green - Barnaby

Klee - Gonchar
Matvichuk - Boynton
Slegr - Gill

Raycroft / Thomas

spares: Jurcina, Donato, Corazzini
looks mighty fine to me...i like your pickups, and have all 5 of them on my free agent list (along with a crapload of other players)

Old
04-23-2004, 11:54 AM
BruinsGod II

If the Bruins brings back Murray and Rolston (especially Rolston) and let someone like Travis Green go .. I have to seriously question what this team looks at come playoff time, cause it sure as hell ice the games ..

Old
04-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Bruin_Ron

My confidence in MOC is growing and I feel that he'll make the right decision 7 times out of 10 over the summer

Closed Thread