HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great Story on Larose

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2004, 12:42 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Great Story on Larose

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1202

Id like this player as our 4th line centre next season.

Old
04-26-2004, 01:20 PM
charliemurphy

Rangers have too many 3rd/4th line centers. Wiseman ,Moore,Larose, Immonen, and Giroux.
I think Corey can be moved to LW.
Larose/Wiseman-Moore-Ortmeyer as a 4th line could be a good PK line.

Old
04-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Barnaby

Immonen is not a 4th line center....

Old
04-26-2004, 01:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby

Yea I wonder how Prucha is playing. Im glad he made cze team, imagine him and Jagr on a line next season...

Old
04-26-2004, 01:48 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
[url]

Id like this player as our 4th line centre next season.
I thought you liked Cuthbert and Hollweg....Betts will be the 4th line center (health permitting)

Old
04-26-2004, 01:48 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Okay.
Immonen is not a 4th line center...
He could definitely be a great solid 3rd line center, just because a player is on the 3rd/4th line doesn't mean he's less of a player. A lot depends on who that player is playing with, power play unit, penalty kill unit, etc. I would really like to see Immonen centering a line with Prucha. I hope both Immonen and Prucha get some looks at camp.

Old
04-26-2004, 01:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
I thought you liked Cuthbert and Hollweg....Betts will be the 4th line center (health permitting)
I do like Cuthbert, and Hollweg, but both need a full year in AHL. Woohoo woohoo Prucha scores his first goal of the World Championship on an assist from Jagr. Congrats Prucha. make that 2 goals for Prucha. Czech Republic 5 - Kazakhstan 0 at the end of first period. http://www.ihwc.net/english/

Old
04-26-2004, 01:57 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I do like Cuthbert, and Hollweg, but both need a full year in AHL. Woohoo woohoo Prucha scores his first goal of the World Championship on an assist from Jagr. Congrats Prucha.
I was kidding, we're talking about very replaceable players here.

Prucha on the other hand is someone to look forward to, I would like to know if he can play in the NHL at his size.

Old
04-26-2004, 01:59 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
I was kidding, we're talking about very replaceable players here.

Prucha on the other hand is someone to look forward to, I would like to know if he can play in the NHL at his size.

Maybe he can be a Zetterberg type.

Old
04-26-2004, 02:24 PM
charliemurphy

I'm really psyched about Petr Prucha. I've been trying to get as much info on him as I can. I think the Rangers have a legitimate sniper on their hands. Out of the Rangers organization I'm pretty confident in Prucha being a solid RW. Put them in any order you wish but IMO the FUTURE RW's of the Rangers are Jessiman/Balej/Prucha/and Ortmeyer.

Old
04-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
ya know, even though there seems to be an abundance of "energy guys/grinders/3rd/4th liners", i havent been this excited about the prospects we have and the coming season for a long time. yes we may be lacking legitimate BIG NAME, young prospects, but it just seems like now we have TONS of guys. and these guys are playing their hearts out. whether it be in the AHL, Europe or elsewhere, i dont mind at all that we are lacking the big time guy right now, im still so damn excited and anxious to see who will make the cut and who will break out next season and surprise us all.

Old
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
charliemurphy

Great attitude, blu3shirt.
I'm anxious myself.
Can't wait to go up UVM for camp this summer.

Old
04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I'm really psyched about Petr Prucha. I've been trying to get as much info on him as I can. I think the Rangers have a legitimate sniper on their hands. Out of the Rangers organization I'm pretty confident in Prucha being a solid RW. Put them in any order you wish but IMO the FUTURE RW's of the Rangers are Jessiman/Balej/Prucha/and Ortmeyer.
Petr can play all three offensive positions. And decent at each. He's even become a bit fiesty as of late, which is nice for a guy his size.

I'm guilty of the fact that I've hyped him since we drafted him, but still. He's a good one.

And I'm sure everyone here knows how much I've hyped the guy and have had enough of that. So. :: dies ::

Old
04-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Great attitude, blu3shirt.
I'm anxious myself.
Can't wait to go up UVM for camp this summer.
its a great feeling being excited and anxious about Rangers hockey again. hopefully i wont have my heart broken by Sather slipping back into his old form. *crosses fingers*

Old
04-26-2004, 04:14 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Petr can play all three offensive positions. And decent at each. He's even become a bit fiesty as of late, which is nice for a guy his size.

I'm guilty of the fact that I've hyped him since we drafted him, but still. He's a good one.

And I'm sure everyone here knows how much I've hyped the guy and have had enough of that. So. :: dies ::
Nothing wrong with hyping someone that you have good knowledge of. I'm looking forward to Petr coming to NA

Old
04-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
E-train is correct, betts should be our 4th line center, and guys like moore, giroux, and immonen will hopefully continue to develop and become 2nd liners as oppose to guys like wiseman, larose, ortmeyer, murray, and kozak who will never be more than 3rd liners tops

moore i can see as a 2nd line center but i really wonder if he is good enough defensively to be a 3rd line center who will have to face teams top lines at the nhl level

immonen, if he comes over here and gives north american hockey will be a 1st or 2nd line players, i cant see him making it as a 3rd liner unless its on a different team

giroux he is a real question mark, he can certainly score at the ahl level but can he score at the nhl level if he earns a chance? i cant see him beating out murray or ortmeyer for 3rd line winger positions and im not sure if we will go with guys like d-lac, wiseman, or sign simon to be on the 4th line with betts

Old
04-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Blueshirt13

Ok Balej and Fedor are give mes for who makes the roster next year and are expected to perform really well.

Which single one prospect do you think can surprise a lot of people, make the team and make a difference? Judging by the string, seems like Prucha for a lot but still would like to hear other opinions.

Old
04-26-2004, 05:11 PM
charliemurphy

Going out on a limb, Jonasen.

Old
04-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Fish

Quote:
Rangers have too many 3rd/4th line centers. Wiseman ,Moore,Larose, Immonen, and Giroux.
I think Corey can be moved to LW.
Larose/Wiseman-Moore-Ortmeyer as a 4th line could be a good PK line.
While I agree we have plenty of 3rd/4th line centers and that Larose is not an integral part to our future (he'll be a Group VI this summer), the players you used to demonstrate this are a little inaccurate.

Betts, Dusablon and perhaps Ulmer are probably more likely to be 4th liners than the names you suggested. Wiseman and Giroux have been playing wing, while you'd hope that Moore and Immonen can be better than 4th liners.

Old
04-26-2004, 09:37 PM
charliemurphy

I was referring to next season.
Unless Lundmark moves to the wing or gets traded, he and Holik will center lines 1 and 2. Is this not correct?
And for some reason, I know I'm not the only one around here that seems to think Lindros will be back. I assume that he would center another line. Correct?
I am hoping that Immonen will center the 2nd line. In the future. As well as Moore as a 3rd line center. But as for the near future. Who knows? What with the new CBA, FA's, etc? Only time will tell.

Old
04-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
I was referring to next season.
Unless Lundmark moves to the wing or gets traded, he and Holik will center lines 1 and 2. Is this not correct?
And for some reason, I know I'm not the only one around here that seems to think Lindros will be back. I assume that he would center another line. Correct?
I am hoping that Immonen will center the 2nd line. In the future. As well as Moore as a 3rd line center. But as for the near future. Who knows? What with the new CBA, FA's, etc? Only time will tell.
why does everyone think lindros will be back? his option will not be picked up and he will be a ufa, is he going to come back to the rebuilding rangers or will he got to a team like the leafs or the wings (who really want him) and get a chance to win the cup? will sather even offer him a deal, he cant stay healthy and we are rebuilding, lindros is not needed

as for holik, im not so sure he will be our first line center and whose to say he will even want to return, i can see him demanding a trade, he doesnt want to be on a rebuilding team and he may be willing to defer some money in order to be dealt

Old
04-26-2004, 10:09 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
why does everyone think lindros will be back? his option will not be picked up and he will be a ufa, is he going to come back to the rebuilding rangers or will he got to a team like the leafs or the wings (who really want him) and get a chance to win the cup? will sather even offer him a deal, he cant stay healthy and we are rebuilding, lindros is not needed

as for holik, im not so sure he will be our first line center and whose to say he will even want to return, i can see him demanding a trade, he doesnt want to be on a rebuilding team and he may be willing to defer some money in order to be dealt
On Lindros...I dunno, you may be right about him wanting to go to Detroit or Toronto. But I think he's kind of settled in here in New York. I think he relishes and appreciates the fact that he's become sort of a leader in the dressing room. Injuries aside, you couldn't have asked for a better effort from him this past year. He was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise miserable season and I think he's gained the respect of everybody in the organization, as well as the fans. I'd much rather sign him to a reduced rate instead of going out and getting a guy like Conroy. Plus if you're looking for someone to replace Mess as the new captain, I think this is the guy. I certainly wouldnt shed a tear if he left, but at least give him a fair offer. The Rangers have treated him with absolute class and given him a chance to prove himself again, and I think he appreciates that enough to at least consider sticking around for another year while the team rebuilds.

Old
04-26-2004, 10:11 PM
charliemurphy

I'm not saying this is what I want to happen.
I certainly don't want Lindros back and Holik can demand all he wants, but no team is going to take on his contract. Jagr and Kasparaitis contracts as well.
I'm just speculating on what I think Sather will do.
I've read plently of posts and judging by his past moves, I wouldn't be shocked if Lindros was back.
I also wouldn't be shocked if Lundmark gets dealt.

Old
04-27-2004, 08:17 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
Makes no difference what he demands or how much $$$ he is willing to defer or how much $$$ the Rangers are willing to swallow. With the new CBA coming, you KNOW that a form ot cap or luxury tax will be there. Teams are not going to go out and trade for a $9m hit to a cap or luxury tax. Just not going to happen. Any talks of Holik being traded is ludicrous. Between the Holik, Jagr, & Kasper, the Rangers are starting the next season $25m against any type of cap or luxury tax. Good luck in trading any of that away.

Old
04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
ya know, even though there seems to be an abundance of "energy guys/grinders/3rd/4th liners", i havent been this excited about the prospects we have and the coming season for a long time. yes we may be lacking legitimate BIG NAME, young prospects, but it just seems like now we have TONS of guys. and these guys are playing their hearts out. whether it be in the AHL, Europe or elsewhere, i dont mind at all that we are lacking the big time guy right now, im still so damn excited and anxious to see who will make the cut and who will break out next season and surprise us all.
3 Words: San Jose Sharks

Closed Thread