HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2010, 07:43 AM
David_99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'd love to see Gauthier grab us Filatov,not sure what the Jackets are looking for in return but I'm guessing something like Patches and Weber
You'd think AK would have to be part of the deal (or separate deal I guess) to make $$$ room and a spot in the top 6. Pouliot doesn't make enough to salary dump. We'll be pretty close to the cap once Price signs. I don't know who else with a salary we could dump by October. We kind of need all our D til November.

Old
07-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
You'd think AK would have to be part of the deal (or separate deal I guess) to make $$$ room and a spot in the top 6. Pouliot doesn't make enough to salary dump. We'll be pretty close to the cap once Price signs. I don't know who else with a salary we could dump by October. We kind of need all our D til November.
Maybe they could use a player like Spacek,anyways I'll let Gauthier figure it out but like I said I doubt he makes such a move

Old
07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Ya im sure Columbus would love to trade their top prospect for Roman Hamrlik
Their top prospect who has no intentions of playing and who's currently in Russia for an established defenceman +. Yes, I think it's possible.

Old
07-14-2010, 08:47 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
If you really think the Jackets are interested in taking on a 5 million dollar one-year of an aging Hamrlik for a 20 year old Russian phenom, you really need help.
You do realise that Filatov has told them he doesn't want to play for them, right. Something for nothing is better than nothing. Besides, I said Hamr +, + means in addition to Hamr we'd give them somehting more, whether it be a pick or prospect.

Old
07-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
What really doesn't make sense is why we would take on another enigmatic head case like Filitov when we just got rid of one in SK.
Was Halak enigmatic for wanting to play more? Because what you are saying of Filatov seems like a preconceived notion. And Sergei could only wish of having half the talent Filatov has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Their top prospect who has no intentions of playing and who's currently in Russia for an established defenceman +. Yes, I think it's possible.
Quote:
You do realise that Filatov has told them he doesn't want to play for them, right. Something for nothing is better than nothing. Besides, I said Hamr +, + means in addition to Hamr we'd give them somehting more, whether it be a pick or prospect.
That isn't true. Follow the true story and you'll see that Filatov does seem intent on playing in the NHL, WITH Columbus :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Filatov

INform yourself before making statements. Filatov isn't another Radulov. He didn't bolt from the Jackets, they made an arrangement so he would go back to the KHL for one or two seasons.

Quote:
After being drafted by the Blue Jackets, Filatov signed a three-year, entry level contract with the club on July 10, 2008.[6] His base salary for the contract was $875,000, with bonus clauses that could bring the value as high as $1.35 million per season.[7] His signing with Columbus created some controversy within the KHL, as the league president Alexander Medvedev claimed that the Blue Jackets owed CSKA Moscow compensation of at least $1.5 million for signing Filatov. Medvedev claimed that although the term of the contract had expired, under Russian law it did not terminate until an indemnity amount had been negotiated.[8] The Blue Jackets and Filatov believed that giving his club 30 days notice was sufficient to terminate the contract.[9] CSKA threatened to withhold Filatov's transfer card, thus impeding his ability to play in another league,[8][9] but Filatov, his lawyers and the Blue Jackets believed they had followed the necessary tenets of Russian law.[9] Filatov's contract was one of six reviewed by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) in an attempt to mediate the disputes between the KHL and NHL. During this investigation, the players were unable to play international hockey sanctioned by the IIHF.[10] In September, the KHL dropped its opposition to Filatov's contract with the Blue Jackets, and he received his transfer.[11]

Filatov attended training camp with the Blue Jackets, but did not make the team. He started his professional career in North America playing for the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League (AHL).[6] Filatov was called up to the NHL on October 15, 2008.[6] He made his NHL debut on October 17, 2008, and scored his first NHL goal in his first game against the Nashville Predators.[12] For the rest of the 2008–09 season, Filatov split time between the AHL's Crunch and the NHL's Blue Jackets. He played eight games with the Blue Jackets, finishing the season with four goals,[2] including a hat trick against the Minnesota Wild.[13] He was the first Blue Jackets rookie to record a hat trick.[13] Filatov finished the season having played 39 games with the Crunch in the AHL scoring 16 goals and adding 16 assists.[2] He was named as a starter for the PlanetUSA team in the 2009 AHL All-Star Game.[14]

At the start of the 2009–10 NHL season, Filatov made the Blue Jackets roster out of training camp. Although healthy, he was scratched by Columbus head coach Ken Hitchcock in six of the team's first 18 games.[15] He was unhappy with his ice time and role on the team under Hitchcock and requested to be transferred back to his Russian club team. The Blue Jackets agreed to transfer him back to CSKA Moscow for the remainder of the 2009–10 season.[15] This arrangement resulted from direct dealings between the Blue Jackets and CSKA Moscow, where Filatov's salary was paid by the Russian club, and the Blue Jackets retained his rights.[16] Shortly after his return to Russia, Filatov was named the KHL's Rookie of the Week after scoring four goals in four games.[17] In his shortened season in Russia, Filatov played 26 games, scoring nine goals and adding 13 assists.[18] Initial statements by both sides had Filatov returning to Columbus after the 2009–10 season, but since he started playing in Russia, Filatov has been less clear about his intentions for the 2010–11 season, stating "I hope I’ll be back next year, but right now, it’s really hard to say because it will again be a tough decision."[16] Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson has not commented on Filatov's stance, except to say that he expects Filatov to be at the team's training camp prior to the 2010–11 season.[19] After the 2009–10 season, Filatov spoke to a Columbus reporter and stated his intentions to return to the club for training camp.[20] During the off-season, the Blue Jackets sent development coach Tyler Wright to Russia to train with Filatov to assess his readiness for the upcoming season, and to communicate the team's desire to work with him.[

Old
07-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I'd imagine for us to get Filatov some sort of development between Filatov camp and Columbus has occurred, telling them he doesn't plan on going back.

That and Montreal some how caught wind of it? Who knows? Maybe Hamrlik and Weber is the best deal offered for the young russian? Maybe the 29 other teams don't want to gamble on a Young Russian whom is already in Russia.

Columbus gets Hamrlik a vet in his final year, and Weber a puck moving Dman. Why would we trade 2 Dmen when our Defensive prospects are slowly thinning is beyond me, but we signed Carle recently so perhaps it is Carle and not Weber, Carle has expressed the desire for a trade before and maybe Gauthier is trying to stock pile our talent up front.

Say what You will but TheFourthPeriod whom I trust more than Eklund, has said Columbus is looking to add some Dman, and trading a prospect whom wont likely play for them for 2 players that would make an immediate impact is a good move for both parties.

Just saying Eklund isn't the only one reporting this similar news between Columbus and their desire for Dman, and Montreal's desire for Filatov, everyone knows Montreal was extremely high on him that draft year.
It's entirely speculative. Maybe Columbus didn't find him convincing enough, not that he actually said he wasn't coming back. Officially, he told them he would be there for training camp.

Old
07-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Jigger77

Right....And then we start the year with no Markov and no Hamrlik.

Actually,

No way this happens, especially considering that there are no defensemen available via UFA. And don't tell me Andy Sutton replaces Hammer.

Not to mention we already are building up quite a log-jam of forwards.

No way a JM team trades Hamrlik right now considering the injury to Markov and the state of the D after that.

Hate to break it to you folks, but this team needs Hamrlik right now and he's not going anywhere unless an experienced D-man comes back the other way. Montreal would never go into the season with that Defense group.

Old
07-14-2010, 09:39 AM
gusfring

Quote:
You've got to be kidding. If they want a defensemen, they could just sign Willie Mitchell who would be cheaper and is better than Hamrlik.

Some fans here really overestimate the players on the Habs...

Old
07-14-2010, 09:41 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Right....And then we start the year with no Markov and no Hamrlik.

Actually,

No way this happens, especially considering that there are no defensemen available via UFA. And don't tell me Andy Sutton replaces Hammer.

Not to mention we already are building up quite a log-jam of forwards.

No way a JM team trades Hamrlik right now considering the injury to Markov and the state of the D after that.

Hate to break it to you folks, but this team needs Hamrlik right now and he's not going anywhere unless an experienced D-man comes back the other way. Montreal would never go into the season with that Defense group.
Hamrlik was absolutely brutal in the playoffs last year. Did people forget that? He was actually benched for a period of time, even with Markov out.

If this team needs Hamrlik (at 5.5 mill), then we are in serious trouble.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
expos4ever

Folks, If the habs have a chance to grab Filatov, then they MUST do it - he is a truly 'blue-chip' NHL-ready superstar in waiting - and he ONLY just turned 20 in May!

I would be willing to give an established player like AK, a prospect (likely Weber), and a 2nd rd pick.

They will, however need to:
1) clear cap room to acommodate his $2.2m cap hit (moot if AK goes)
2) confirm his commitment to play in the NHL
3) open a top-6 role for him (Pouliot or AK traded?)

p.s. Filatov's contract:

SEASON----SALARY--BONUSES---CAP HIT
2009-2010 $875,000 $1,350,000 $2,195,833
2010-2011 $875,000 $1,350,000 $2,195,833
2011-2012 $787,500 $1,350,000 $2,195,833

Old
07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
HabFan1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Hamrlik was absolutely brutal in the playoffs last year. Did people forget that? He was actually benched for a period of time, even with Markov out.

Amen brother Amen
He was by far our worst D in the playoffs
I loved Hammer with us but the legs cant keep up anymore.
Spacek on his good side + Subban can eat up Hammers minutes even with Markov out.
At some point u gotta give Carle a serious try and the beginning of the season is the best time.
I can live with:
Subban-Spacek
Georges-Gill
Carle-Oby
for 10 to 15 games.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:

Players hit rough patches and without a doubt he hit one for a few games against Washington. Aside from those few games, after which he himself came forward and faced the music publically, I thought he was our best D-man overall (the key word being overall) against Pittsbugh and Philly.

As a d-man I don't think you score more points than any other Habs' d-man since 1993 by being absolutely brutal. I don't think you earn a first star by being absolutely brutal.

And some fans constantly like to remind others of his play in the playoffs but then get amnesia when it comes to his play during the regular season.

And I missed the benching of Hamrlik when Markov was out - either my own amnesia or it didn't happen.

Having said all that I forget what thread I'm in. Oh yea, Eklund. Another Hab rumor that leads to a multiude of trades involving Hamrlik.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1975 View Post
Amen brother Amen
He was by far our worst D in the playoffs
I loved Hammer with us but the legs cant keep up anymore.
Spacek on his good side + Subban can eat up Hammers minutes even with Markov out.
At some point u gotta give Carle a serious try and the beginning of the season is the best time.
I can live with:
Subban-Spacek
Georges-Gill
Carle-Oby
for 10 to 15 games.
Our worst D in the playoffs managed 9 assists and a -1 rating. Riiight.....

People need to start thinking instead of repeating things like sheep.

Hamrlik had that one glaring error against Was that McGuire basically repeated for two weeks. He made up for that and played solid (as usual) other than that. Subban made one error against Philly that I recall that lead to him not covering the neutral zone and directly lead to a goal for Philly. Does that mean he sucks? No. Of course not.

You'd swear the way people are talking about Hammer they're talking about Patrick Traverse.

Last edited by Jigger77: 07-14-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old
07-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Players hit rough patches and without a doubt he hit one for a few games against Washington. Aside from those few games, after which he himself came forward and faced the music publically, I thought he was our best D-man overall (the key word being overall) against Pittsbugh and Philly.

As a d-man I don't think you score more points than any other Habs' d-man since 1993 by being absolutely brutal. I don't think you earn a first star by being absolutely brutal.

And some fans constantly like to remind others of his play in the playoffs but then get amnesia when it comes to his play during the regular season.

And I missed the benching of Hamrlik when Markov was out - either my own amnesia or it didn't happen.

Having said all that I forget what thread I'm in. Oh yea, Eklund. Another Hab rumor that leads to a multiude of trades involving Hamrlik.
Your user name is eerily close to mine and we agree....hmmm....

I couldn't agree more. In fact, considering the injury to Markov I'd argue that in terms of providing stability to the entire team Hammer was quite possibly the most important (or one of) players for the Habs last year.

I really want him to stay and help the young D this year.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

You have to put that in proper context. Due to Markov's injury, Hamrlik was forced to play a lot more minutes last year than I'm sure the Habs had envisionned, more that he could probably handle, and he wore down in the 2nd half and playoffs. As a result he had a few rough patches, but overall due to Markov's injury, he was a big reason the team was still within reach of a playoff spot upon Markov's return, because of that iMHO last year he was well worth his salary.

Based on the player he is now, is he overpaid? Yes, probably by 1-2 mil, but he's still not a guy we can just give away on a salary dump, mostly due to the fact that Markov could miss substantial time at the start of the season.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'd love to see Gauthier grab us Filatov,not sure what the Jackets are looking for in return but I'm guessing something like Patches and Weber
That would be a steal for us, I highly doubt Columbus would go for that though. Filatov has huge offensive potential.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You have to put that in proper context. Due to Markov's injury, Hamrlik was forced to play a lot more minutes last year than I'm sure the Habs had envisionned, more that he could probably handle, and he wore down in the 2nd half and playoffs. As a result he had a few rough patches, but overall due to Markov's injury, he was a big reason the team was still within reach of a playoff spot upon Markov's return, because of that iMHO last year he was well worth his salary.

Based on the player he is now, is he overpaid? Yes, probably by 1-2 mil, but he's still not a guy we can just give away on a salary dump, mostly due to the fact that Markov could miss substantial time at the start of the season.
Exactly. And Markov is looking questionable for the start of the season so we are in the same exact situation. There are no D-men in the organization right now that can step up and provide that stability when Markov isn't there. That's why we need Hamrlik for at least another season.

Subban is going to be great. But he will struggle at times this year, all rookies do. That's why we can't pencil him in as one of the top pairing d-men yet, and that's why you need to keep a proven Vet like Hammer here.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:48 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Your user name is eerily close to mine and we agree....hmmm....

I couldn't agree more. In fact, considering the injury to Markov I'd argue that in terms of providing stability to the entire team Hammer was quite possibly the most important (or one of) players for the Habs last year.

I really want him to stay and help the young D this year.
I noticed that before and had to chuckle to myself. Please know I didn't "scout" names before I joined. I simply like to swim and 77 isn't anything I want to talk about.

Back to the subject of Eklund/Hamrlik................it will not end until either Hamrlik is traded or his contract runs out. I understand he's taking cap space and I have no issue with him being traded if the Habs' get something very nice in return without leaving a gaping hole somewhere else.

I truly get the feeling the Habs' are in a hold pattern until there is a better idea of just how talented and cohesive this bunch is.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Juneemoon

The Blue Jackets sent their Director of Player Development, Tyler Wright to visit Filatov last week and last night they had a season ticket holder Q&A. Here is what someone who was there said about it:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2010/7/...-at-nationwide

Quote:
Howson: Tyler Wright just got back from visiting Nikita in Russia - he had quite an interesting four days really getting into the culture there, seeing Moscow, and working with Nikita at the rink. He was very positive - he was really excited about how Nikki's working this offseason - he says that he's put on some weight - up to 187 pounds! Nikki's very excited about coming to Columbus in August, and we're really looking forward to seeing him here.

Old
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
Folks, If the habs have a chance to grab Filatov, then they MUST do it - he is a truly 'blue-chip' NHL-ready superstar in waiting - and he ONLY just turned 20 in May!

I would be willing to give an established player like AK, a prospect (likely Weber), and a 2nd rd pick.

They will, however need to:
1) clear cap room to acommodate his $2.2m cap hit (moot if AK goes)
2) confirm his commitment to play in the NHL
3) open a top-6 role for him (Pouliot or AK traded?)

p.s. Filatov's contract:

SEASON----SALARY--BONUSES---CAP HIT
2009-2010 $875,000 $1,350,000 $2,195,833
2010-2011 $875,000 $1,350,000 $2,195,833
2011-2012 $787,500 $1,350,000 $2,195,833
first, its 0,875 cap hit (bonuses don't count on the cap)...and second, i guarantee you that Filatov will never be a Hab (Eklund is saying ********).

Old
07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
first, its 0,875 cap hit (bonuses don't count on the cap)...and second, i guarantee you that Filatov will never be a Hab (Eklund is saying ********).
Bonuses count against the cap whether they're reached or not.

Old
07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
The Blue Jackets sent their Director of Player Development, Tyler Wright to visit Filatov last week and last night they had a season ticket holder Q&A. Here is what someone who was there said about it:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2010/7/...-at-nationwide
Makes sense,he didn't like Hitchcock,they got rid of him and they would be crazy not giving him another chance with a different coaching staff,kid has so much potential

Old
07-14-2010, 11:31 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Was Halak enigmatic for wanting to play more? Because what you are saying of Filatov seems like a preconceived notion. And Sergei could only wish of having half the talent Filatov has.

That isn't true. Follow the true story and you'll see that Filatov does seem intent on playing in the NHL, WITH Columbus :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Filatov

INform yourself before making statements. Filatov isn't another Radulov. He didn't bolt from the Jackets, they made an arrangement so he would go back to the KHL for one or two seasons.

That's what ALL Russina players say when they go overseas. They keep the door open so they can come back. We've heard that from from our own prospects who are still in Russia. Usually it's to get a better contract in Russia so they keep they're NHL team in their back pocket just in case they need to play hardball. Yemelin is a pro at this.

Secondly, you knwo exactly as much as everyone else does about the situation. I don't care what wiki has to say about it as anyone can edit it anyway. Wiki is NOT a reliable source for any information. Time will tell, but common sense dictates that if a Russian player goes back to Russia because he's not happy with his NHL team, the track record for them coming back on their own free will are extrmely poor regardless of the player or the team. I think those odds and NOT a wiki article compel me the most. Like everythig else in life, time will tell

Old
07-14-2010, 11:36 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
You've got to be kidding. If they want a defensemen, they could just sign Willie Mitchell who would be cheaper and is better than Hamrlik.

Some fans here really overestimate the players on the Habs...
And other fans severaly under estimate our players.

I don't think Mitchel is an upgrade over Hamr these days. Teams are worried he can't even continue to play at all. Hamr did a terrific job when Markov went down and I don't think he's washed up by far.

This isnt' directed to you Nittany, but I think it's funy how most posters bashed BG when he signed Hamr in lieu of Souray. Ironically enough not team would touch him including Edmoton and Hamr's been a key player on our back end for the years he's been here, minus 1 bad year. I like Hamr and think he brings a lot to our d corp. He'll be tough to replace when he does go, this year or next.

Old
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
Bonuses count against the cap whether they're reached or not.
Sure?? If you check Capgeek.com..they don't

Closed Thread