HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
maxpower2010*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
Sure?? If you check Capgeek.com..they don't
100% sure.

Old
07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
As far as I knew they did count against the cap.
But I could have been mistaken.

Old
07-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
100% sure.
I vaguely remember reading something about that only being the case in the last year of the CBA. Now that it's renewed it goes back to only counting against the cap if it's reached and in the year after it's reached.

Edit: Remember this whole thing? http://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie/status/15871135386
Kinda makes it sound like had he not hit that bonus it wouldn't have counted against the cap.

Last edited by Sebaldian: 07-14-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2010 View Post
Bonuses count against the cap whether they're reached or not.
I think how it works is, if you can't fit all your bonuses in your current year(like Chicago), the cap hit is taken away the following year, so it's to your advantage to not go over the cap INCLUDING bonuses. Not 100% sure on that though.

Old
07-14-2010, 01:07 PM
shutehinside

I'll go out on a limb and say that you can carry forward your bonus to the next year. That would explain why the Hawks have $4.5M+ added to their cap THIS year as those bonuses were attained LAST year.

I can't say for certain but it would make much more sense then having it apply to the cap in the current year as there would not have been a penalty applied to their cap this year if that was the case.

Old
07-14-2010, 01:09 PM
expos4ever

Filatov: The Word From Russia

from the Columbus Dispatch's "Puck-raker" Blog today:
The Word From Russia
The Blue Jackets want one voice making public comments regarding left winger Nikita Filatov, and that one voice will be GM Scott Howson, not development coach Tyler Wright.

Wright, who returned late Sunday from a five-day trip visiting Filatov in Russia, met with Howson on Monday.

"The trip went very well," Howson said. "Tyler worked out with him, saw him working out and had lots of conversations with Nikita. He got to see how hard he's working, and he's working very hard.

"Tyler was extremely impressed -- and he's not easily impressed -- with how hard Nikita is working." Filatov has always favored a "natural" strength training program, such as running in sand, lifting and pushing boulders, etc.

"Tyler weighed him at 187 pounds," Howson said. "I believe he weighed in at training camp last fall at 182. "Nikita has always been in good shape. That's never been the issue. But 187 is big enough to play in the NHL, yes. Especially with his skill set."

Howson said Filatov has informed them that he'll arrive in Columbus in early to mid-August, roughly one month before training camp opens. We'll have more in Thursday's editions of The Dispatch.
-- Aaron Portzline
Given this, it makes no sense that the Jackets would be trying to deal Filatov...

Old
07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The Filatov thing was probably just Gauthier checking to see if he is available and the asking price(Howson probably said Subban and PG said no thanks) and Eklund reports it as a trade rumor. Before CBJ trade him at a discount, they want to see how he fits in next year under a different coaching style.

Old
07-14-2010, 01:13 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
You get a cap penalty the season after if your payroll including end of year bonuses exceeds the cap. The Hawks have a 4.1mill or so cap penalty this year for example. THeir actual cap is lower by that amount.

Look at this page, in the CAP hit column

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.p...HI&season=1011

As you can see, because of the cap penalty, they are $100k under the cap at the moment, with 16 players signed. They need to sign 7 more players to make the 23 man roster.

Even if they bury Huet in the minors, that leaves them 5.7million to sign 7 players, which is around $800k per player. Niemi alone will get a lot more than 800K ...

Old
07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
from the Columbus Dispatch's "Puck-raker" Blog today:
The Word From Russia
The Blue Jackets want one voice making public comments regarding left winger Nikita Filatov, and that one voice will be GM Scott Howson, not development coach Tyler Wright.

Wright, who returned late Sunday from a five-day trip visiting Filatov in Russia, met with Howson on Monday.

"The trip went very well," Howson said. "Tyler worked out with him, saw him working out and had lots of conversations with Nikita. He got to see how hard he's working, and he's working very hard.

"Tyler was extremely impressed -- and he's not easily impressed -- with how hard Nikita is working." Filatov has always favored a "natural" strength training program, such as running in sand, lifting and pushing boulders, etc.

"Tyler weighed him at 187 pounds," Howson said. "I believe he weighed in at training camp last fall at 182. "Nikita has always been in good shape. That's never been the issue. But 187 is big enough to play in the NHL, yes. Especially with his skill set."

Howson said Filatov has informed them that he'll arrive in Columbus in early to mid-August, roughly one month before training camp opens. We'll have more in Thursday's editions of The Dispatch.
-- Aaron Portzline
Given this, it makes no sense that the Jackets would be trying to deal Filatov...
Sounds like he's interested in going back to Columbus.

Old
07-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
You get a cap penalty the season after if your payroll including end of year bonuses exceeds the cap. The Hawks have a 4.1mill or so cap penalty this year for example. THeir actual cap is lower by that amount.

Look at this page, in the CAP hit column

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.p...HI&season=1011

As you can see, because of the cap penalty, they are $100k under the cap at the moment, with 16 players signed. They need to sign 7 more players to make the 23 man roster.

Even if they bury Huet in the minors, that leaves them 5.7million to sign 7 players, which is around $800k per player. Niemi alone will get a lot more than 800K ...
Right here...

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.p...HI&season=0910

You acn see taht their cap hit from last year ended up being above 60 mil(and the cap was around 56 I think), hence the 4+ mil penality assessed to 2010-2011.

Old
07-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
That's what ALL Russina players say when they go overseas. They keep the door open so they can come back. We've heard that from from our own prospects who are still in Russia. Usually it's to get a better contract in Russia so they keep they're NHL team in their back pocket just in case they need to play hardball. Yemelin is a pro at this.

Secondly, you knwo exactly as much as everyone else does about the situation. I don't care what wiki has to say about it as anyone can edit it anyway. Wiki is NOT a reliable source for any information. Time will tell, but common sense dictates that if a Russian player goes back to Russia because he's not happy with his NHL team, the track record for them coming back on their own free will are extrmely poor regardless of the player or the team. I think those odds and NOT a wiki article compel me the most. Like everythig else in life, time will tell
LMAO.

The quote comes from the COLUMBUS DISPATCH.

It isn't reliable when there is no link to anything that is said, but the part I quoted is fully documented with links from journalistic sources. You see the numbers at the end of sentences? Like this : [20]

This means it is something quoted from an official source. If you click on the number, it will bring you to that source.

I literally LMAO at what you said. Because you heard so many times that wiki isn't reliable, than you assume it is always, WITHOUT even checking for yourself if what I quoted has a SOURCE. And it does.

If you click on the [20] at the end of the bolded sentence I quoted, it brings you to the following :

Quote:
Portzline, Aaron (2010-04-24). "Filatov plans to return for Jackets training camp". The Columbus Dispatch. http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...p.html?sid=101. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
The COLUMBUS DISPATCH is unreliable???

You say I know as much as you do about Filatov, but I do know a lot more about how Wiki works than you. Truly a facepalm moment if you ever had one, bud.

And here...

Quote:
Sounds like he's interested in going back to Columbus.
at least you've come to your senses... another article by the Columbus dispatch, but the only difference being, it was quoted directly from the article, not reposted from wiki. Funny how it's EXACTLY the same source (the dispatch) yet when the WIKI word comes out... oh oh oh its unreliable. LMAO

So is wiki unreliable when you KNOW your way around? Not really.

Old
07-14-2010, 02:43 PM
HabFan1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You have to put that in proper context. Due to Markov's injury, Hamrlik was forced to play a lot more minutes last year than I'm sure the Habs had envisionned, more that he could probably handle, and he wore down in the 2nd half and playoffs. As a result he had a few rough patches, but overall due to Markov's injury, he was a big reason the team was still within reach of a playoff spot upon Markov's return, because of that iMHO last year he was well worth his salary.

Based on the player he is now, is he overpaid? Yes, probably by 1-2 mil, but he's still not a guy we can just give away on a salary dump, mostly due to the fact that Markov could miss substantial time at the start of the season.
So ok lets give him the same load again and hopefully he drank from the fountain of youth this summer so he wont hit the same rough patches he did last year
The guy is so slow that all he does is back up and back up so players dont go around him.
the problem is, right now he's worth nothing to other teams because of age and cap hit.
I just hope we can unload him at the deadline.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:03 PM
shutehinside

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...aberle/1/29421

Bieksa anyone?

This one may actually make some sense.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:13 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:

Bieksa anyone?

A significant forward prospect - who would that be - Pacioretty? Meh.

I'd rather they move a big contract on D and sign Willie Mitchell and a veteran for the third line.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bieksa anyone?

If Bieska comes in you can bet one of Hamrlik or Spacek is being shipped out at some point.
I welcome Bieska for sure.

Problem of course is he's scheduled to make 3.750 million this coming year and is a UFA the following year.

As per Eklund a significant forward prospect is to go the other way, Pacioretty? Seems like a lot to pay for potentially one year of Bieska.

If Montreal could move Spacek's contract it would be a wash on Bieska's cap hit and releive Montreal of an extra year of Spacek's cap hit.

Hamrlik is useful and only has one year on his contract as opposed to two years for Spacek.
Hamrlik could re-sign with Montreal at a much lower hit or Montreal could just let him go.

Either way as long as the price is not too steep, I' love for Bieska to join the Habs.

Maybe Montreal moves both Spacek and Hamrlik????

Going with a younger more mobile D

Bieska Markov
Subban O'Byrne
Gorges Gill
Carle Weber

Old
07-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Maxpac

Hammer-O'Byrne
Spacek-Subban
Gill-Gorges

Markov out until december.

Where is Bieksa suppose to play?

Old
07-20-2010, 02:17 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
A serious propect + a contract? It must be a defenceman contract... Hammer or Spacek?

Old
07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified View Post
A significant forward prospect - who would that be - Pacioretty? Meh.

I'd rather they move a big contract on D and sign Willie Mitchell and a veteran for the third line.
We don't need depth, i would rather play the kids at a lower price. What we need is consistent firepower on the top 6.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:19 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
We don't need depth, i would rather play the kids at a lower price. What we need is consistent firepower on the top 6.
We do need depth. If we don't get it now, we'll trade draft picks for it at the deadline. Not bringing back Moore is stupid.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:20 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Hammer-O'Byrne
Spacek-Subban
Gill-Gorges

Where did you see that Markov is out until December? I didn't see this confirmed anywhere.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:20 PM
David_99

Quote:

Bieksa anyone?

Maxwell? I can't see them parting with anyone else who could be considered "significant". He may be expendable as we now have a bit of Centre depth.

Would VanCity want him?

Can we afford Markov, Hammer, Spacek & Bieksa at the same time?

No confidence in O'Byrne, Webber or Carle?

Old
07-20-2010, 02:29 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Hammer-O'Byrne
Spacek-Subban
Gill-Gorges

LOL. Markov out until December? Really?

Got hurt on April 30th, sidelined for 6 months.That makes it October 30th, and the last reports from the organization (Gauthier) were that he'd be ready for the season opener.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:31 PM
alexstream

Quote:
nah they count if they are reach, but for the daily cap, they count whether they are reached or not...
so you can do like the Hawks and pretend they won't be reached... however, if they are, you're busted.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Maxwell? I can't see them parting with anyone else who could be considered "significant". He may be expendable as we now have a bit of Centre depth.

Would VanCity want him?

Can we afford Markov, Hammer, Spacek & Bieksa at the same time?

No confidence in O'Byrne, Webber or Carle?
They might be referring to Kristo as he was dynamite with Schroeder in the World Juniors.

If we trade Danny Kristo I will be really upset, I don't feel theres an impending need for Bieksa, and I feel that trading Kristo would be a huge mistake.

Old
07-20-2010, 02:34 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
LOL. Markov out until December? Really?

Got hurt on April 30th, sidelined for 6 months.That makes it October 30th, and the last reports from the organization (Gauthier) were that he'd be ready for the season opener.
People regularily make stuff up around here to make their points.

The Markov out until December is one. Another one is about Leblanc who can't give up a free education (at Harvard) to play in the CHL - when it is known that Harvard does not give out Athletic scholarships.

Closed Thread