HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
LOL. Markov out until December? Really?

Got hurt on April 30th, sidelined for 6 months.That makes it October 30th, and the last reports from the organization (Gauthier) were that he'd be ready for the season opener.
Oops! Wanted to say november, actually i'm one of those gets pissed off everytime i read that Markov will be out that long. Anyways, there's no room for Bieksa because Hammer is untradeable, Gill, Spacek and Gorges aren't going anywhere, and Subban will play as regualur with O'Byrne, we have to prepare a solid foundation for the future.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:22 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
LOL. Markov out until December? Really?

Got hurt on April 30th, sidelined for 6 months.That makes it October 30th, and the last reports from the organization (Gauthier) were that he'd be ready for the season opener.
His surgery happened around May 19th. The "Not until December or November" comes from here:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/...or-six-months/

I think he'll miss ~10-15 games, due to missing training camp mainly.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I don't really have a problem adding Bieksa, however who leaves to make up the cap room, and who is gone on defense once Markov is back? Bieksa has 1 year left at 3.75 mil. That would put up roughly 2.5-3 mil over the cap with Markov included.

My hunch is it would be Kristo or Pacioretty going back the other way.

Old
07-20-2010, 03:44 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified View Post
A significant forward prospect - who would that be - Pacioretty? Meh.

I'd rather they move a big contract on D and sign Willie Mitchell and a veteran for the third line.
the B man in van, is tough is he not?

Old
07-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't really have a problem adding Bieksa, however who leaves to make up the cap room, and who is gone on defense once Markov is back? Bieksa has 1 year left at 3.75 mil. That would put up roughly 2.5-3 mil over the cap with Markov included.

I'd send O'byrne and Pouliot for Bieksa and a 2nd. Vancouver could use a top 6 forward with Demitra leaving, and O'byrne is more useful to them as a depth guy then say, Aaron Rome. Pouliot will end up getting squeezed out in the next year or two with guys like Avtsin, Eller, Kristo and Paccioretty coming up. Bieksa seems like a good fit for us, and we desperately need a point shooter on the PP. I think this is very doable trade and sensible one at that.

Old
07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I'd like Bieksa on the team. Vancouver fans ***** and moan about his mistakes but don't realize that they have no one else to carry the puck up the ice. They just counted on Bieksa too much. Pair him with Markov and I bet he's great. Adds some needed toughness too.

Old
07-20-2010, 05:54 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
I'd send O'byrne and Pouliot for Bieksa and a 2nd. Vancouver could use a top 6 forward with Demitra leaving, and O'byrne is more useful to them as a depth guy then say, Aaron Rome. Pouliot will end up getting squeezed out in the next year or two with guys like Avtsin, Eller, Kristo and Paccioretty coming up. Bieksa seems like a good fit for us, and we desperately need a point shooter on the PP. I think this is very doable trade and sensible one at that.
Why does everyone throw Pouliot under the bus already? Its retarded.

I'd trade O'Byrne and Maxwell, for Bieksa, take it or leave it. However we'd need to offload Hamrlik some how.

Old
07-20-2010, 05:59 PM
shutehinside

Van is over the cap by $358,333 so they could conceivably take back $3.4M and be at the cap limit. Meanwhile, if Price were to sign at around $2.5M we'd be able to spend up to $2.2M on anotyher player. Add Bieksa at $3.75 and we'd HAVE to spend back at least $1,5M in salary. That could include:

Pouliot - $1.35M
Eller - $1.27M
MaxPac - $900k
Avtsin - $600k
Palushaj - $883k

No one other forward that I would consider sunstantial. To be honest, I think only Eller is the name I wouldn't send the other way. Maybe Avtsin but he's so unproven I doubt Van is looking at him.

If it is Pouliot, then who do we have to replace him as we wouldn't be able to sign a UFA and not enough depth in our system to replace him right now. I can't see this happening until at the very minimum after training camp when teams have a better look and feel for the prospects and what they can and can't do.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:03 PM
FeelsLike93

I wouldn't trade Pouliot because he hasn't even been in Mtl for a full year first of all, second why would we give away a good prospect like Pacioretty or Kristo when we have question marks in our top 6 to begin with? Just let the defense be Markov won't be out long and we finally have another puck moving Dman in Subban who's also right handed. Our D is fine

Old
07-20-2010, 06:06 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'd like Bieksa on the team. Vancouver fans ***** and moan about his mistakes but don't realize that they have no one else to carry the puck up the ice. They just counted on Bieksa too much. Pair him with Markov and I bet he's great. Adds some needed toughness too.
If we trade for bieksa, there's no way i'd let him stay paired with markov all year. He'll want 5-6 million on his next contract. I don't see why more defensemen don't take short term, low salary contracts with montreal just to play with him, he single handedly makes people into multi-millionaires.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

I think I'd rather keep both of these young guys than trade either for 1 year of Bieksa.. Kristo looks like he will be a very good player down the road and I want the Habs to keep him in the system and I'd like to see Pacioretty get another shot with the Habs..

As Andy Sutton signed anywhere yet? He would add size and toughness to the Habs back end if still available

Old
07-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Why does everyone throw Pouliot under the bus already? Its retarded.

I'd trade O'Byrne and Maxwell, for Bieksa, take it or leave it. However we'd need to offload Hamrlik some how.
The only reason why i'm including Pouliot is to make the numbers work. I'm not throwing him under the bus at all. I think he's a very good talent. Getting Bieksa on the team would be worth it though, as it fills a big hole on our team, especially if we are able to sign him to an extension. After Hamrlik is gone, Bieksa fills his spot perfectly. A defence moving forward with Markov, Subban, Bieksa and Gorges as your top 4 makes a contender. Our biggest weakness is on D and it needs to be addressed.

Maxwell and O'byrne is not enough money--we'd be over the cap. But if they could work some magic i'd do that trade, obviously.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
I wouldn't trade Pouliot because he hasn't even been in Mtl for a full year first of all, second why would we give away a good prospect like Pacioretty or Kristo when we have question marks in our top 6 to begin with? Just let the defense be Markov won't be out long and we finally have another puck moving Dman in Subban who's also right handed. Our D is fine
You see i think the other way: let the top 6 work itself out and focus on strengthening our D. D is what wins you championships, and we desperately lack a puck moving gritty d-man like Bieksa. Puck moving d-men make good forwards look great. We have a heckuva lot of good forwards on this club but when you have slow plodding d-men giving them the puck they don't look as good.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:27 PM
guest1467

Seriously guys, Bieksa sucks. The guy makes more brain farts than MA Bergeron.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:27 PM
FeelsLike93

Your right.. the Bieksa rumor seems possible and legit so it'd be nice to know the name being thrown around that we'd give for Bieksa. I honestly hope it's Maxwell he hasn't done anything but frustrate me when I watch him play it looks like he'll never find his nhl touch but i could be wrong.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:35 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Don't worry, when they find out he's right handed, they'll change their minds.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Bourdon

Quote:
No he doesn't. Bergeron is a horrible defenseman. He has a shot, and that's it. Bieksa might not be a great defenseman, but if he's paired with a steady defenseman, his lack of hockey sense is covered up.

He's hard-nosed and a great teammate. He runs around too much, so his positioning is below par.

Old
07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
No he doesn't. Bergeron is a horrible defenseman. He has a shot, and that's it. Bieksa might not be a great defenseman, but if he's paired with a steady defenseman, his lack of hockey sense is covered up.

He's hard-nosed and a great teammate. He runs around too much, so his positioning is below par.
I never said he wasn't better than Bergeron, he is, but he makes more brain farts on a consistent basis, and that's something Habs fan can relate to.

Bieska is exactly the type of defensemen that would not thrive in a Martin system. Runs around, makes low percentage plays, out of position, gives up the puck. The d corps needs to be built on mobility, positioning and hockey sense, none of those things Bieska really excels at(he had much better mobility before his injury).

Old
07-20-2010, 07:01 PM
schumway2

Quote:
I never said he wasn't better than Bergeron, he is, but he makes more brain farts on a consistent basis, and that's something Habs fan can relate to.

Bieska is exactly the type of defensemen that would not thrive in a Martin system. Runs around, makes low percentage plays, out of position, gives up the puck. The d corps needs to be built on mobility, positioning and hockey sense, none of those things Bieska really excels at(he had much better mobility before his injury).
So he's another Souray?

Old
07-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I know I'd be quite pissed if Kristo goes for Bieksa. Geez, even MaxPac I would be against.

Old
07-20-2010, 07:04 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
So he's another Souray?
Without the shot, and less hockey sense.

Old
07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
axman88

Oh boy,

guys i had a dream.....

Habs traded Hamrlik for a pick (getting no cap in return)
then traded kostitsyn for Elias....
signed Carey Price.....
and the left over money signed Frolov....

lineup looked like this:

Gionta - Gomez - Elias
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Frolov
Pouliot - Eller - Paccioretti
Moen - Boyd - Lapierre

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Gill
Spacek - Obyrne

Price
Auld

Old
07-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Oh boy,

guys i had a dream.....

signed Carey Price.....

lineup looked like this:

Gionta - Gomez - Elias
Moen - Boyd - Lapierre

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Gill
Spacek - Obyrne

Price
Auld
Tomorrow, Eklund's blog will be : Elias to MTL (e3)

Old
07-20-2010, 07:47 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Oh boy,

guys i had a dream.....

signed Carey Price.....

lineup looked like this:

Gionta - Gomez - Elias
Moen - Boyd - Lapierre

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Gill
Spacek - Obyrne

Price
Auld
Replace Pacioretty with Pyatt and that's a solid line-up.

Old
07-20-2010, 07:55 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
Tomorrow, Eklund's blog will be : Elias to MTL (e3)

Closed Thread