HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Guys, it's simple! I can't believe you guys don't see it. Two very very reputable sources are calling it, Eklund and ....

Gomez and Hamrlik for Lecavalier, Montreal stupidly takes on 10 years of a horrible contract to please the French media and fan base.

TB gets out a horrible contract takes on another one in Gomez but for only 4 years and Hamrlik 1 year!

Montreal will get hosed again!

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 07-29-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old
07-28-2010, 08:34 PM
HeShootsHeScores

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Guys, it's simple! I can't believe you guys don't see it. Two very very reputable sources are calling it, Eklund and ***.

Gomez and Hamrlik for Lecavalier, Montreal stupidly takes on 10 years of a horrible contract to please the French media and fan base.

TB gets out a horrible contract takes on another one in Gomez but for only 4 years and Hamrlik 1 year!

Montreal will get hosed again!
I coud put my wise guy glasses and say those rumors are "supercherie"... but it's a lot more enjoyable to believe for a second that the best case scenario might happen. Being naive is fun sometimes.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 07-29-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old
07-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Gomez has a NTC
Are you sure about that? As far as I can remember he has a list of 3 teams he doesn't want to be traded to and that's it. I guess technically that's a no trade clause, but not really in the same league as some of the others mentioned.

Old
07-28-2010, 08:47 PM
RE-HABS

Why people and Eklund even say Vinnie is in a deal for the Habs or the Kings makes no sense as Yzerman met with Vinnie and told him he can concentrate on hockey cause he isn't going anywhere. This is Yzerman, not Lawton. Lawton would lie to his first born, Yzerman is man of his word and building the Lightning over with trust and honesty, something that was lacking under old ownership and management.

Old
07-28-2010, 08:56 PM
walsy37

Quote:
Okay lets name players we have that we'd like to get rid of that have a NTC...just for fun...

hmmm....

HAMRLIK..

But seriously who would we trade him to? Hamrlik for Vermette? Brassard? What would it be? Btw I don't think Hamrlik and a 2nd would get us either.
Quote:
Okay both Vestiaire and Eklund posting rumors about the Habs on a big trade is very exciting and all but how often do we see either site come up with a grain of truth? Eklund had his run this offseason, and abit during trade deadline, but aside from that I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Hamrlik has a NTC
Gionta has a NTC
Pleks has a NTC
Gomez has a NTC
Cammalleri has a NTC
Spacek has a NTC
and Markov has a NTC.

Take your pick.

Now we can speculate the teams involved for fun.

San Jose, Columbus, Edmonton (for some reason lets throw them in there), Anaheim, and lets throw in Phoenix.

I doubt anything happens, Gauthier needs to sign his #1 Goalie before he makes trades, unless he plans on signing Price to a massive length/amount.
You guys know that the NTC could be from the other side . . . (not that I believe that Eck has anything on the Habs).

Old
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Why people and Eklund even say Vinnie is in a deal for the Habs or the Kings makes no sense as Yzerman met with Vinnie and told him he can concentrate on hockey cause he isn't going anywhere. This is Yzerman, not Lawton. Lawton would lie to his first born, Yzerman is man of his word and building the Lightning over with trust and honesty, something that was lacking under old ownership and management.
There's your answer

Old
07-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Fozz

We should definitely ban the use of vestiaire.ca from this board. El Cloun et DT and those clowns are a public nuisance that get off from making people believe they know anything and make Eklund look like freaking Nostradamus.

Old
07-28-2010, 10:39 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Okay both Vestiaire and Eklund posting rumors about the Habs on a big trade is very exciting and all but how often do we see either site come up with a grain of truth? Eklund had his run this offseason, and abit during trade deadline, but aside from that I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Hamrlik has a NTC
Gionta has a NTC
Pleks has a NTC
Gomez has a NTC
Cammalleri has a NTC
Spacek has a NTC
and Markov has a NTC.

Take your pick.

Now we can speculate the teams involved for fun.

San Jose, Columbus, Edmonton (for some reason lets throw them in there), Anaheim, and lets throw in Phoenix.

I doubt anything happens, Gauthier needs to sign his #1 Goalie before he makes trades, unless he plans on signing Price to a massive length/amount.
I think Gomez's is a very short list as already said by Vinyl Version.

Other than that, Cammy, Gionta and Markov are the only players that deserve NTC. Pleks is borderline, Hamrlik and Spacek is just facepalm city

Old
07-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Hank Scorpio

I don't think Ecklund was getting at Vinnie. If you noticed, Price's name was in the heading but not mentioned directly in a rumor. I'm willing to bet he's going to say something along the lines of this: Montreal doesn't have him signed they are looking at trading him. According to sources there is a team out there who is interested and has been for a while and is offering a proven number 1 goalie and a top six forward. More to come...

If I remember correctly this was something he had on his site throughout last year about just that but we'll see.

Old
07-28-2010, 11:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Not to mention that acquiring a top 6 centerman for that many years wouldn't make sense because we already have pleky signed long term and eller who gauthier already thinks is ready for the nhl. Doesn't seem like gauthier's style.

Old
07-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I don't think Ecklund was getting at Vinnie. If you noticed, Price's name was in the heading but not mentioned directly in a rumor. I'm willing to bet he's going to say something along the lines of this: Montreal doesn't have him signed they are looking at trading him. According to sources there is a team out there who is interested and has been for a while and is offering a proven number 1 goalie and a top six forward. More to come...

If I remember correctly this was something he had on his site throughout last year about just that but we'll see.
Ya like Hamrlik + Price for Luongo lmao

Old
07-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Are you sure about that? As far as I can remember he has a list of 3 teams he doesn't want to be traded to and that's it. I guess technically that's a no trade clause, but not really in the same league as some of the others mentioned.
You are correct. Similarly, until Feb. 1st/11 Hamrlik can designate 6 teams in each conference that he'll accept a trade to. After THAT, it's a full-on NTC, I believe. Markov is almost exactly the same, but ends completely on Feb. 1/11, and substitute 6 teams with 7.

Old
07-29-2010, 01:12 AM
sampollock

i love this, and by tomorrow, the crickets will sound

eck and this other dude know squat.

i would love for mtl to make a massive deal, and bring a A1 star here, but:

these blogger hacks, don't give names, why? they don't have any

Old
07-29-2010, 02:22 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post

these blogger hacks, don't give names, why? they don't have any
I'm definitely not saying I buy it, but I don't see not giving names as proof that it's not true. Eklund regularly lists names of players he claims will be dealt.

Old
07-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Maybe he's just trying to motivate a good year out of him to dump his contract. Odds are that his contract will be horrible for 75-80% of that deal, especially with a small market team having to pay 10 mil from their cash flow.

Old
07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
I'm definitely not saying I buy it, but I don't see not giving names as proof that it's not true. Eklund regularly lists names of players he claims will be dealt.
good point, but then, he needs to prove he at least is somewhat real or a blogger

Old
07-29-2010, 10:42 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
good point, but then, he needs to prove he at least is somewhat real or a blogger
Eklund actually broke several trades and movements this summer. He might just be wrong some times.

What I really laugh at, is this site trying to ridicule him by tracking his efficacity percentage (which was, the last time I went to see it, around 7%). 7% actually is great when you consider there are 30 teams in the NHL.

When it's about trades, if he actually was just making stuff up, he'd have to choose two teams (30*29), and choose the players involved in each of those two teams (*(number of players in team A) * (number of players in team B)).

When it's about UFAs, he has to choose one player, and a matching team (30 * (number of players in unrestricted free agency)). The guy has real sources and his credibility shouldn't be questionned. He sure as hell is wrong from time to time, but once again, we can't even tell what his real success rate is, because many of those moves he predicts that never end up happening might actually have been on the table, but one team or the other decided to back off and wait before trading the reported assets.

What I know, is that anybody following him from time to time would give him what he deserves. He did great this summer, especially around draft day.

Old
07-29-2010, 11:01 AM
SpreeEndaz

If Gomez had an NTC, wouldn't it have been voided when he lifted it to come here?

Old
07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Eklund was also pushing a rumour of Price for a superstar established goaltender. The move was also one which would see two 'tenders get a change of scenery and a chance to play 'at home'.

Luongo + Bieksa for Price + Hamrlik?

Not that I see how that makes any sense nor do I think it will happen...but this is an Eklund thread so it's all baseless speculation anyway

Old
07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post

wow lmao you actually called it

Old
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
RE-HABS

He is saying a #1 goalie and a top 6 forward.

We would need salary for both, and we have $4 million in cap space...how does that work?

Old
07-29-2010, 12:15 PM
sampollock

Quote:

We would need salary for both, and we have $4 million in cap space...how does that work?
WHISKEY

Old
07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
FeelsLike93

I'm going to be extremely pissed if we give up Price especially for Antti Niemi......if we're not getting Ryan Miller, Tuuka Rask or someone of that caliber which I definitely know isn't going to happen then dont trade Price

Old
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

So easy.....Chris Mason and Evander Kane for Carey Price.

Mason is Atlanta #1 goalie....Kane is one of their top 6 forward.

2.1 + 0.9 = 3 M$

Just to be sure.....

Old
07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Guys relax it isn't happening. Think about it, Pierre Gauthier has 4 million in his pocket, and has Hamr ready to be traded wherever. You think hes too cheap to sign the goalie he invested in? Come on now. This is just ******** rumors followed by the length of time its taking to sign Price.

Closed Thread