HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post All Habs related Eklund rumors here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2010, 04:43 PM
  #201
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaoreilly View Post
Instead of Gagne (who they will never give) my idea is better, get O'Sullivan and Nilsson (along with Eberle) for Price and change.
So Garbage for a potential Franchise Goalie? Make sense.

Chomsky is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 05:32 PM
  #202
babaoreilly*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
So Garbage for a potential Franchise Goalie? Make sense.
Why are you calling them garbage? Garbage that earn $2 and 3 million dollars in Nilsson and O'Sullivan respectively? You make a lot of sense. And Nilsson is garbage because he was a 1st round pick? And Eberle is garbage because he was a first round pick? And O'Sullivan is garbage because he is a 25-30 goal scorer?

babaoreilly* is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
  #203
babaoreilly*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
to Edmonton Oilers: Carey Price ~$3.075
to Montreal Canadiens: Patrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Eberle(or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson), Robert Nilsson, and Edmonton's 2010 2nd round pick ~$4.925


Last edited by babaoreilly*: 02-07-2010 at 09:46 AM.
babaoreilly* is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
  #204
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaoreilly View Post
to Edmonton Oilers: Carey Price, Max Pacioretty ~$3.075
to Montreal Canadiens: Patrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Eberle(or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson), Robert Nilsson, and Edmonton's 2010 2nd round pick ~$4.925
Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself before you even have an ounce of credibility on these boards.

24Cups is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM
  #205
Habs4Life
Registered User
 
Habs4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself before you even have an ounce of credibility on these boards.
lmao

Habs4Life is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
  #206
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaoreilly View Post
Why are you calling them garbage? Garbage that earn $2 and 3 million dollars in Nilsson and O'Sullivan respectively? You make a lot of sense. And Nilsson is garbage because he was a 1st round pick? And Eberle is garbage because he was a first round pick? And O'Sullivan is garbage because he is a 25-30 goal scorer?
Nilsson is garbage, just because your a 1st round pick it doesn't = Star!

Nilsson has had a hard time making this line up, he hasn't been producing either. Eberle is unproven at the Pro level, and O'Sullivan has always been said to have issues, hence why he was drafted later.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 07:09 PM
  #207
25th
Registered User
 
25th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Aylmer beach, Qc
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaoreilly View Post
to Edmonton Oilers: Carey Price, Max Pacioretty ~$3.075
to Montreal Canadiens: Patrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Eberle(or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson), Robert Nilsson, and Edmonton's 2010 2nd round pick ~$4.925
How much smaller can we get?

25th is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 07:16 PM
  #208
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
How much smaller can we get?
Patches + Pouliot + Gill for St. Louis

David_99 is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 07:17 PM
  #209
babaoreilly*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Stop it, you're embarrassing yourself before you even have an ounce of credibility on these boards.
No you stop! I cannot be embarrased 24cups by yahoo's like you. You have lost all credibility in my eyes 24cups. You have shown as much with your un-credible responses. What is it with all the yahoo's here that say "stop it" to everybody they don't agree with - putting down other views without any serious discussion. This and previous posts from these yahoo's proves to me these guys are jokers.

babaoreilly* is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 08:08 PM
  #210
babaoreilly*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Nilsson is garbage, just because your a 1st round pick it doesn't = Star!

Nilsson has had a hard time making this line up, he hasn't been producing either. Eberle is unproven at the Pro level, and O'Sullivan has always been said to have issues, hence why he was drafted later.
Nilsson will get better and so will O'Sullivan we just need to show a little patience (they're very young players - 24 years old - give them a break). Eberle and the others are extremely skilled player who are worth taking a chance on. A change to a winning franchise with hard workers like Gionta and Cammalleri might be all they need to blossom; just like Pouliot I think they will fit in nicely with the Montreal Canadiens' team chemistry .

Edmonton's 2011 1st round pick and 2010 2nd round pick, along with Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson (or Nilsson and O'Sullivan) for Carey Price. Do it Bob.


Last edited by babaoreilly*: 02-06-2010 at 09:35 PM.
babaoreilly* is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 08:58 PM
  #211
xduckiex
Registered User
 
xduckiex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Brule is a scratch in Edmonton tonight
Haha

xduckiex is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 09:09 PM
  #212
babaoreilly*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xduckiex View Post
Brule is a scratch in Edmonton tonight
Haha
No Bob not Brule, do this instead: Edmonton's 2011 1st round pick and 2010 2nd round pick, along with Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson (or Nilsson and O'Sullivan) for Carey Price. Do it Bob.


Last edited by babaoreilly*: 02-06-2010 at 09:34 PM.
babaoreilly* is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 09:58 PM
  #213
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaoreilly View Post
No you stop! I cannot be embarrased 24cups by yahoo's like you. You have lost all credibility in my eyes 24cups. You have shown as much with your un-credible responses. What is it with all the yahoo's here that say "stop it" to everybody they don't agree with - putting down other views without any serious discussion. This and previous posts from these yahoo's proves to me these guys are jokers.
Yahoo=joker? There are a sizable number on this board who do not agree with your proposition of Price for spare change (IMO). Better get tougher skin if you want to survive here.

24Cups is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 11:10 PM
  #214
babaoreilly*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
Yahoo=joker? There are a sizable number on this board who do not agree with your proposition of Price for spare change (IMO). Better get tougher skin if you want to survive here.
Yo true dat - do-rock - man


Last edited by babaoreilly*: 02-07-2010 at 09:49 AM.
babaoreilly* is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 11:12 PM
  #215
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Pacioretty-Gagner-Skost would make one hell of a third line.

Chomsky is offline  
Old
02-06-2010, 11:15 PM
  #216
babaoreilly*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Trade Carey Price to edmonton from the best possible combination out of the following five choices: Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson, Gagner, 2010 2nd round pick, 2011 first round pick.:


Last edited by babaoreilly*: 02-07-2010 at 09:51 AM.
babaoreilly* is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 12:14 AM
  #217
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,959
vCash: 500
I just finished watching the 3rd period of the Edm/Col game and I can honestly say there isn't anyone on that Oilers roster I would trade Price for...I guess if I had to choose a player I'd want either Gagner or Penner maybe but Gagner is another small player and he's not really what the Habs need...

About the only things of interest for me from the Oilers is their 1st pick this year and prospects MPS and maybe Eberle...Also since Brule was pretty much untouchable according to Oilers fans why as he been a healthy scratch the last 2 games? Doesn't say much about him if he can't crack that horrible Oilers line up....

sheed36 is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 09:24 AM
  #218
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just finished watching the 3rd period of the Edm/Col game and I can honestly say there isn't anyone on that Oilers roster I would trade Price for...I guess if I had to choose a player I'd want either Gagner or Penner maybe but Gagner is another small player and he's not really what the Habs need...

About the only things of interest for me from the Oilers is their 1st pick this year and prospects MPS and maybe Eberle...Also since Brule was pretty much untouchable according to Oilers fans why as he been a healthy scratch the last 2 games? Doesn't say much about him if he can't crack that horrible Oilers line up....
edm is to small

but then again, bob likes that

sampollock is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 10:28 AM
  #219
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...line-1/1/26120


According to Eklund, Halak is NOT going to be traded under ANY circunstances. He has NOT heard Price is available, but HAS heard some teams have been inquiring about Price, including the Blackhawks.

HomaridII is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 10:29 AM
  #220
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...line-1/1/26120


According to Eklund, Halak is NOT going to be traded under ANY circunstances. He has NOT heard Price is available, but HAS heard some teams have been inquiring about Price, including the Blackhawks.
eck never knows what the habs are doing, he guesses like us

sampollock is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
  #221
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
If Price is traded, I will stop believing in this teams ability to manage anything!

Quote:
As for Carey Price....

The Hawks have let it be known they would like him and boy would he ever be a fit as well. However, if the Price Wars really do take hold there will be a number of teams involved. In fact I am adding Price to the Trade Rumor Chart Today I am still working the percentages, but the teams I hear are most interested are Edmonton, San Jose, Dallas, and Chicago. Kind of funny. I haven't heard Price is officially available yet, but I was talking to an Eastern Conference GM who told me he will be sent to the West...When I officially add Price to the Chart I will be taking off Halak. I was told this morning Halak is not moving under any circumstances.

What else I think is noteworthy is how certain goalies work better in certain situations. If you put Price on Anaheim, NJ, Dallas, or even Toronto he could win a Vezina. He is so sound positionally and if you get a defense playing sound in their positions in front of him look out. The kind of team the Canadiens are lends itself more to Halak's style than Price's.

WestIslander is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 10:37 AM
  #222
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If Price is traded, I will stop believing in this teams ability to manage anything!
Nobody is safe. If the right deal comes along, see yah price.

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 10:38 AM
  #223
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I just finished watching the 3rd period of the Edm/Col game and I can honestly say there isn't anyone on that Oilers roster I would trade Price for...I guess if I had to choose a player I'd want either Gagner or Penner maybe but Gagner is another small player and he's not really what the Habs need...

About the only things of interest for me from the Oilers is their 1st pick this year and prospects MPS and maybe Eberle...Also since Brule was pretty much untouchable according to Oilers fans why as he been a healthy scratch the last 2 games? Doesn't say much about him if he can't crack that horrible Oilers line up....
Doesn't have to be anyone, picks would be nice! A couple 1st rounders!

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 10:43 AM
  #224
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If Price is traded, I will stop believing in this teams ability to manage anything!
Here, here.

I find it hilarious how every other team in the league sees how valuable Price is except his own fan base. Such shortsightedness.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
02-07-2010, 10:45 AM
  #225
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
From the teams Ek Mentions here are the players I would like back IF indeed Price was traded.

Let's start with Chicago -

Dustin Byfuglien 6' 4" 257
Cam Barker 6' 3" 215
Antti Niemi 6' 2" 210
1st Rounder 2010

for

Carey Price
Sergei Kostitsyn
2n round pick 2010

From Dallas

Jamie Benn 6' 2" 207
James Neal 6' 2" 208

for

Carey Price
Sergei Kostitsyn
2nd rounder

From Edmonton

Dustin Penner 6' 4" 245
Tom Gilbert 6' 3" 206
1st rounder in 2011

for

Carey Price
1st rounder in 2011
Sergei Kostitsyn

From San Jose

1st rounder in 2010
Devin Setoguchi 6' 0" 200
Joe Pavelski 5'10 190

for

Carey Price
Sergei Kostitsyn

In other words if I was GM in Montreal, other teams would have to overpay to get Price from me! This KID is the real deal!

Could you imagine if Montreal could somehow sway Dallas in giving up Jamie Benn and James Neal!!!!

Mats NAslund is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.