HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staios Hurts Dvorak

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Bohologo

vCash: 500
Staios Hurts Dvorak

Here's the Link

Let's hope it's not too serious-seems pretty chippy for a warm-up match.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:01 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Did I understand it right that Hemsky got cut from the team?

Old
04-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Did I understand it right that Hemsky got cut from the team?
That's what it sounds like.. On the positive side, Staios and Horcoff both scored for Canada. Hopefully Horcoff has another good tourny and uses it to build on his success even more next season..

Old
04-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Slats432

Hemsky

Not a very good sophmore season and a cut when I am sure he is more talented than some of the guys that made the team. Not good. Not good.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Not a very good sophmore season and a cut when I am sure he is more talented than some of the guys that made the team. Not good. Not good.
Good in the way that it may make him more determined now.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Let's hope so. This is the sort of situation that separates the Chimeras from the Bonsignores. Less about the talent, more about the passion.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Talk about positive spin. If the Oilers golden skilled boy needs to be more determined his in and out of the lineup crappy sophmore season should have been motivation enough.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
Talk about positive spin. If the Oilers golden skilled boy needs to be more determined his in and out of the lineup crappy sophmore season should have been motivation enough.
Yeah, that's kinda how I was thinking...one would've thought that being a healthy scratch for most of the last quarter of the season here would make him desperately hungry to showcase why he shouldn't have been a HS.

Still, I'd like to know more about the particulars of him being cut before I throw stones...either way it's another disappointment.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Strapping Jocks

Quote:
Talk about positive spin. .
How about this.... at least he won't run the risk of getting injured?!?!?

Old
04-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
I just didn't want this to turn into a thread full of sad thoughts.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Loweball

Once again, Ales Hemsky needs to gain a ton of weight/muscle.

If you look at the young players making it in the NHL now they are ALL big. Hemsky looks like he's 15 years old and has the size of a 15 year old.

When will people get that? it's not about his skill. He has a ton.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapping Jocks
How about this.... at least he won't run the risk of getting injured?!?!?
With the amount that he went into traffic this season, I don't think that is a concern.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Master Lok

If Dvorak is injured, I wonder if Hemsky is re-invited?

Old
04-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Strapping Jocks

Quote:
With the amount that he went into traffic this season, I don't think that is a concern.
He might cut himself shaving, getting ready for the big game. Or he could trip over an errant water bottle. Or he could get clocked with his head down by Ryan Smyth...oh wait, that's already happened.

Please, Ales, for the love of the game, stay home and workout. A lot. Please?

Old
04-23-2004, 12:53 PM
windowlicker

Lately, nothing but all-round good news in the Oiler camp. Appearently Milan Kraft & Jan Hrdina are better than Hemsky. Our NHLPA Rep, who didnt win too many friends down the stretch with his "invisible man" act is trying to win more friends by taking out a current fan favorite on the Oilers squad in a meaningless international hockey game. What else...... In a few weeks Nedved may be told publicly that he wont be resigned at his asking price, our Captain may play hard ball with his contract re-negotiation, JDD may re-ented the draft, a draft in which the Oil may draft the 47th overall ranked European Dman with the 14th pick which will catch everyone by surprise(Followed by a trade of Philly's pick to NYR for 2 2nd round picks. Sather will be hailed as a genius) All this and the Flames have a 1-0 lead in the 2nd round of the playoffs over Detroit.

Good times.

(If people cant tell, Im still extremely bitter about missing it this year. In my mind at least we would have put up a fight against the Sharks, and the Nas/Det series showed that the Wings could have been had by a younger, hungrier team)

Old
04-23-2004, 03:39 PM
McJadeddog

yet another example of "something" being wrong with hemsky's game..... i still think he can become a solid NHL player, but he needs to turn things around next year..... i would hate to see one of the only "pure-skill" guys the oilers have had in the past 10 years end up being a dud

Old
04-23-2004, 03:50 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
yet another example of "something" being wrong with hemsky's game..... i still think he can become a solid NHL player, but he needs to turn things around next year..... i would hate to see one of the only "pure-skill" guys the oilers have had in the past 10 years end up being a dud
I don't think he has to turn it around next year... the kid is 20 years old . I think yet again people are expecting way too much from the kid after 1 decent season. He's young. Give him time.

Old
04-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick
I don't think he has to turn it around next year... the kid is 20 years old . I think yet again people are expecting way too much from the kid after 1 decent season. He's young. Give him time.
Here is the answer from the Czech board of the reason Hemsky got cut...

Any idea why Hemsky got cut?

Heard from a czech friend that he showed skill but not much intensity nor will. Skillwise he should've been there.

ZeroTheHero

Right, the fact that Vasicek and Modry were cut from the roster WAS a surprise but WHY THE HELL Hamsky was cut???!!! I considered him as a sure think, 2nd liner. Oh yes, and Sup stayed with the team, although in my opinion, he has NOT international skill level.

Final roster:

Goalies:

Tomáš Vokoun (Nashville, NHL), Roman Čechmánek (Los Angeles, NHL), Dušan Salfický (CSKA Moskva, Russia).

D-men:

Jaroslav Špaček (Columbus, NHL), František Kaberle (Atlanta, NHL), Roman Hamrlík (New York Islanders, NHL), Jan Hejda (CSKA Moskva, Russia), Martin Škoula (Anaheim, NHL), Jiří Šlégr (Boston, NHL), Jan Novák (Slavia Praha), Radek Hamr (Färjestad, Švédsko).

Offense:

Martin Havlát (Ottawa, NHL), Martin Ručinský (Vancouver, NHL), Michal Sup (Slavia Praha), Milan Kraft (Pittsburgh, NHL), Jan Hlaváč (New York Rangers, NHL), Jiří Dopita (Pardubice), Josef Beránek (Slavia Praha), Václav Prospal (Anaheim, NHL), Martin Straka (Los Angeles, NHL), David Výborný (Columbus, NHL), Radek Dvořák (Edmonton, NHL), Petr Průcha (Pardubice), Jaromír Jágr (New York Rangers, NHL), Jaroslav Hlinka (Kazaň, Russia).

Old
04-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Slats432

So apparently this Sup guy made the team when he isn't even good enough for international competition, let along NHL competition.

I don't like it one bit.

Old
04-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
So apparently this Sup guy made the team when he isn't even good enough for international competition, let along NHL competition.

I don't like it one bit.
Something tells me this may have more to do with Hemsky's age than his talent level. Guys like Beranek and Dopita are on the team that are definitely not better than Hemsky. The only really young guy on the roster is Havlat and he's a point/game player.

Old
04-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Something tells me this may have more to do with Hemsky's age than his talent level. Guys like Beranek and Dopita are on the team that are definitely not better than Hemsky. The only really young guy on the roster is Havlat and he's a point/game player.
Well the one comment that Hemsky looked disinterested isn't good regardless.

Old
04-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Well the one comment that Hemsky looked disinterested isn't good regardless.
That's true.. I'm still optimistic that he'll come back with a bang next season. I guess we'll have to wait and see what his intensity level is like next year..

Old
04-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
What I don't understand is why invite a player and then cut him. The guy goes overseas only to get cut. Hemsky may now have doubts and may not want to play for the national team for the way he was handled.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Oiler_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Lately, nothing but all-round good news in the Oiler camp. Appearently Milan Kraft & Jan Hrdina are better than Hemsky. Our NHLPA Rep, who didnt win too many friends down the stretch with his "invisible man" act is trying to win more friends by taking out a current fan favorite on the Oilers squad in a meaningless international hockey game. What else...... In a few weeks Nedved may be told publicly that he wont be resigned at his asking price, our Captain may play hard ball with his contract re-negotiation, JDD may re-ented the draft, a draft in which the Oil may draft the 47th overall ranked European Dman with the 14th pick which will catch everyone by surprise(Followed by a trade of Philly's pick to NYR for 2 2nd round picks. Sather will be hailed as a genius) All this and the Flames have a 1-0 lead in the 2nd round of the playoffs over Detroit.

Good times.

(If people cant tell, Im still extremely bitter about missing it this year. In my mind at least we would have put up a fight against the Sharks, and the Nas/Det series showed that the Wings could have been had by a younger, hungrier team)
Well, I read once that if you consider the worst things that can happen in a situation and you can live with it if it does, then it's all good because the worst seldom happens and even if it does your prepared. Still, your not exactly spreading the good cheer there, are you now?

Old
04-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
The thing is, Hemsky could simply have thought it was a problem with MacT this year. Now someone else has said he's not good enough. It COULD be the eye-opener he needs.

Closed Thread