HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Mueller to the Pens?

Old
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
jmichael7753

vCash: 500
Mueller to the Pens?

Quote:
Meanwhile, Pittsburgh has help Preliminary trade talks with the Phoenix Coyotes regarding young foward Peter Mueller. Phoenix is eyeing a targeted roster player and an NHL Ready Prospect. Other known teams expressing interest includes the Canucks, Rangers, Sabres, and reportedly the Boston Bruins have been in on Mueller.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...-freeze/21861/

not sure how realible of a source this is however.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

If Mueller gets traded at this point for someone ****** and not named Plekanec I will be utterly pissed.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Alamo

Man, Mueller would explode playing with Crosby or Malkin...

Last edited by Alamo: 02-02-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
avco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
If Mueller gets traded at this point for someone ****** and not named Plekanec I will be utterly pissed.
You mean you would not be happy to see Mueller traded to Boston for Wheeler

avco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Not to be an A-hole or anything but what is your obsession with Plekanec? Sure he is a good player but he is not the only option. Plus where does he fit in? He's a center, and we need wingers.

Old
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Not to be an A-hole either, but Plekanec is a hell of a lot better proposal for Mueller then what people and you have been offering up. We dont need "wingers". We need a good forward. Plus we dont have a #1 center. Oh and he's Czech.....perfect fit.

Old
02-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by avco View Post
You mean you would not be happy to see Mueller traded to Boston for Wheeler
Just so we can have Wheeler cry his way out of Phoenix?
Then again he would be the perfect whipping boy for Tippett especially when the crowd flips him the bird every shift.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
AZPenguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post

This guy is like the Eklund of PIttsburgh sports. He hits every once in awhile just because of the amount of darts he throws.

AZPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:

I trust this site over Eklund any day.

Old
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

What about 1 of Kunitz or Tyler Kennedy, and Nick Johnson for Mueller

Kunitz and/or Kennedy would be better fits for a Tippet-coached team, and Nick Johnson's profile says he models his game after Jarome Iginla.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
indczn

He's not exactly going out on a limb here... Other GM's wouldn;t be doing their jobs if they weren't inquiring about a young, highly talented, albeit struggling player.

Maloney wouldn't be doing a good job if he didn't at least respond.

That said, I would be disappointed if mueller were traded for a less talented player, just because hes a "better fit" for tippet system. System guys aren't too difficult to acquire, and aren't expensive, as we've seen over the last year or so. Theres been many "system" guys signed, or traded for little.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
What about 1 of Kunitz or Tyler Kennedy, and Nick Johnson for Mueller

Kunitz and/or Kennedy would be better fits for a Tippet-coached team, and Nick Johnson's profile says he models his game after Jarome Iginla.
I would be very upset if that happened. I know your down on Mueller but the guy has 1st line upside. Kunitz and Kennedy have shown just to be good 3rd liners. If you put Mueller with Crosby this whole organization is going to be laughed at. Guerin is still playing in this league because of Sidney, he basically floats around getting him the puck while showing a bit of a goal scoring touch. Sound like anyone we know? Mueller doesn't have to even play good to get points with those guys. I can maybe see them getting someone like Kennedy who is kind of like Upshall, and maybe someone like Tangradi if we were going by Dreger's rumor.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Why don't we just hang on to the kid, at this point? His value has gotten so low, and he's started showing some improvement. Just seems like bad timing for a trade. We should've done it thirty games ago, if we were going to do it. Now, we might as well see how things work out and trade him this summer if we deem it necessary. We have other assets we can use to upgrade our roster for the push.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I would be very upset if that happened. I know your down on Mueller but the guy has 1st line upside. Kunitz and Kennedy have shown just to be good 3rd liners. If you put Mueller with Crosby this whole organization is going to be laughed at. Guerin is still playing in this league because of Sidney, he basically floats around getting him the puck while showing a bit of a goal scoring touch. Sound like anyone we know? Mueller doesn't have to even play good to get points with those guys. I can maybe see them getting someone like Kennedy who is kind of like Upshall, and maybe someone like Tangradi if we were going by Dreger's rumor.
I think you are underrating Kunitz a bit. He's a fifty to sixty point producer that plays with a ton of grit. It doesn't really matter, the Penguins aren't going to trade playoff warriors for projects, right now. They are trying to defend their title, not build for the future. This rumor doesn't make any sense. I'm going to go ahead and not believe it.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 06:50 PM
jmichael7753

Not sure if you guys or pittsburgh for that matter will like this but how about this

To PHX
Jordan Staal
Alex Goligoski
Chris Kunitz

To Pitt
Peter Mueller
Kevin Porter
David Schlemko
2010 1st round pick

Let me explain here. The Penguins are really high on Staal so I think Mueller and Porter is equal value for Staal. Staal adds another player on the penalty like winnik but with much better offensive upside. Then Schlemko and the 1st would equal Goligoski and Kunitz simply becaue kunitz has been injured and the pens might want to dump him. I really doubt that the pens would be willing to part with him though.

Old
02-02-2010, 06:58 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Not sure if you guys or pittsburgh for that matter will like this but how about this

To PHX
Jordan Staal
Alex Goligoski
Chris Kunitz

To Pitt
Peter Mueller
Kevin Porter
David Schlemko
2010 1st round pick

Let me explain here. The Penguins are really high on Staal so I think Mueller and Porter is equal value for Staal. Staal adds another player on the penalty like winnik but with much better offensive upside. Then Schlemko and the 1st would equal Goligoski and Kunitz simply becaue kunitz has been injured and the pens might want to dump him. I really doubt that the pens would be willing to part with him though.
Doubt Pittsburgh or other teams value Porter and Schlemko as much as Coyotes fans do. And still nowhere close to enough going to Pitt to land that package.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:

To PHX
Jordan Staal
Alex Goligoski
Chris Kunitz

To Pitt
Peter Mueller
Kevin Porter
David Schlemko
2010 1st round pick

Pittsburgh hangs up laughing....not a chance.

Old
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:

To PHX
Jordan Staal
Alex Goligoski
Chris Kunitz

To Pitt
Peter Mueller
Kevin Porter
David Schlemko
2010 1st round pick

No offense, but the Pens are not trading Kunitz or Staal who play key roles in the playoffs for Mueller (project) 2 prospects, and a first. They're defending the title, not building for the future.

The Coyotes would be better off using mueller and a 1st + prospect to obtain a scorer from a team who is out of it at the deadline. Staal would be great for the Yotes but he is nearly untouchable right now even though he is the 3rd line center. The Cooke-Staal-Kennedy line is our most consistent line in all 3 zones.

How about Mueller & Ross for Goligoski & one of our prospects not named Tangradi, Caputi, Despres?

Last edited by HockeyAndTheSox: 02-02-2010 at 07:34 PM.
HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2010, 07:32 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Man, Mueller would explode playing with Crosby or Malkin...
If both teams got a fair return in a trade, I can't say I wouldn't be happy if Mueller was playing alongside Malkin after the deadline.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 02:43 AM
white_tiger

If Peter is traded oh well. Just so long as he is traded to the East. That way if he has a breakout year it can only bite us on the arse 1 or 2 games a year and in the FInals.

white_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensteel71 View Post
No offense, but the Pens are not trading Kunitz or Staal who play key roles in the playoffs for Mueller (project) 2 prospects, and a first. They're defending the title, not building for the future.

The Coyotes would be better off using mueller and a 1st + prospect to obtain a scorer from a team who is out of it at the deadline. Staal would be great for the Yotes but he is nearly untouchable right now even though he is the 3rd line center. The Cooke-Staal-Kennedy line is our most consistent line in all 3 zones.

How about Mueller & Ross for Goligoski & one of our prospects not named Tangradi, Caputi, Despres?
Goligoski is essentially Keith Yandle. According to the TV broadcast last night, Maloney is reportedly interested in picking up another veteran defenceman before the deadline (might mean the prognosis on Sauer isn't good), and obviously Goligoski doesn't fit the bill there, either. If we were out of the running, I could see adding prospects, but if a deal is going to get done, it's going to be for someone who helps us with our playoff push.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I think you are underrating Kunitz a bit. He's a fifty to sixty point producer that plays with a ton of grit. It doesn't really matter, the Penguins aren't going to trade playoff warriors for projects, right now. They are trying to defend their title, not build for the future. This rumor doesn't make any sense. I'm going to go ahead and not believe it.
I think Kunitz's offensive numbers are largely inflated. Playing the majority of one's career on the wing with one of Ryan Getzlaf or Sidney Crosby passing you pucks will do that. He's still a valuable player with all of the "intangibles" (hate that word) he brings on a nightly basis, and he doesn't have to score to be an effective player, but I don't know if he's necessarily deserving of a top 6 spot, either.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
AnalogMan

Not sure if it pertains to Mueller, but Strader mentioned on the broadcast last night that with all the "speculation" on the Coyotes looking for O after Uppy going down, Maloney indicated depth on the blueline might be a greater need.

Perhaps Sauer will remain out for a period; and Eriksson, Schlemko and Heshka have not impressed Tippett at all. I'd hope we wouldn't have to use Mueller for a defensive asset that would be nothing more than 5/6/7 D guy.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Vancouver is showing interest as well, who are they willing to part with?
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 12:53 PM

You know what I find interesting, the past 2 games have probably been Mueller's best consecutive 2 games since his rookie season (correct me if you remember a better combo). I wonder if things are clicking for him now and he's gotten over the hump, or if he's trying to impress the scouts in attendance in order to get traded. If Mueller played like this more consistently I don't think anyone would want to get rid of him. Right now he's playing like a guy that doesn't want to be a healthy scratch, a guy that could be a top 6 forward in the NHL and make great defensive plays with hustle.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote