HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Resigning of Jokinen?

Old
02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Lap? Is that where Blue Label usually found?

If I was Kovalchuk, I would never even considered NYR. He can get the team of his own in Atlanta. Trashers hired AGM who previously built Black Hawks. That means he will get a good team around himself eventually. He will compete in mini-league that would include PIT, WAS, DET, ATL, CHI, SJ.
How many good teams NHL could have realistically? 5, may be 6. There is not enough talent for more. NYR will never be that team (we had that opportunity with aging JJ, but we let it go). There is simply no business objective to make an effort because Rangers are making money without all this hustle.

Kovalchuk will sign with ATL.
how do you figure?
unless waddell is boldly lying to the media and fans, what more could the guy possibly offer him to stay in ATL? he already put a 100 mil contract on the table and got a "thanks but no thanks"...ok how bout 10 mil a year for 7 years, meh sorry better luck next time.

He complains about not winning and management not obtaining any talent to surround him with, meanwhile wants to take up 1/5 of the teams salary cap? Im sure that doesnt sit well with the owner, cant say i blame him.

you cant tell me what waddell put on the table is at the vry least above and beyond what hes worth. The guy is demanding to be the highest paid player in the league meanwhile hes NEVER put up 100 points and hes a minus player every single year. How do you justify playing 3 mil more per yr than what ovechkin gets considering he's scored over 100 pts all but one season in his career? How does he warrant more than crosby? he doesnt...
waddell made him the best offer he could based on the fact that he was the captain and thought he really wanted to remain in ATL, guess not.
Unless this is some elaborate dog and pony show used to get some draft picks from the debs i dont see how the bridge hasnt been burned and pissed on at this point.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Thainor

I think Jokinen is an underrated player and that he has some great potential. However, only time will tell how he performs in NYR, and that actually is the most funniest part of Olli: he either fits in the team or he doesn't.

If you ask me, he has done quite well so far, even though he could have taken one less penalty yesterday. He also was playing versus Ovechkin line almost all the time, which pretty much explains why he was hidden when the game was 5on5.

Thainor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Lap? Is that where Blue Label usually found?

If I was Kovalchuk, I would never even considered NYR. He can get the team of his own in Atlanta. Trashers hired AGM who previously built Black Hawks. That means he will get a good team around himself eventually. He will compete in mini-league that would include PIT, WAS, DET, ATL, CHI, SJ.
How many good teams NHL could have realistically? 5, may be 6. There is not enough talent for more. NYR will never be that team (we had that opportunity with aging JJ, but we let it go). There is simply no business objective to make an effort because Rangers are making money without all this hustle.

Kovalchuk will sign with ATL.
I don't know that the Rangers would be "a team of his own" with Gaborik on the roster. He's currently outproducing Kovalchuk by 10 points (3g, 7a) and is also +10 on him. For comparison to the devils, Gaborik is outscoring their leading scorer, Parise, by 11 points ( 9g, 2a) although Parise has +16 on Gabby.

There's certainly something to be said for the prospect of Gaborik and Kovalchuk together, if he hasn't considered that prospect, thats a shame.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
Jokinen wants stability because of his family. I'm pretty sure he said that it's hard for the kids to move all the time in some interview. (Can't be bothered to find it right now). So, I don't know... I have a feeling that he could very well sign a longer contract for a discount even if he does well this season.
In that case they could offer a NTC in exchange for a lower salary.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote