HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Help me find my RAGE!

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Lafontaine

vCash: 500
Help me find my RAGE!

Ok guys, this may sound like a strange header for a post so let me explain...

Against Boston I wanted the Habs to win so badly that I probably would have Tonya Hardinged Thornton's knee if he didn't ALREADY SUCK! I hate the Bruins about as much as I love the Habs, so I had a lot of passion watching the games.

Now Tampa. I like Tampa. There fans seem great, they get excellent attendance way down south even after 5 - 50 loss seasons. The team plays an exciting speed game without using the boring trap. I like their no-nonsense coach and they even got a Ukranian (Go Fedotenko!...I'm obviously a Uke). On top of that, they seem to play a clean style and don't have any lippy punks like McGillis, Rolston or Lapointe.

Hence the lack of RAGE! I came into this season just hoping our young team could make it to the post-season. Without the RAGE I may just be happy to settle for a second round exit

Somebody give me a reason to HATE TB!!! :mad:

PS: Just thought of an always present reason to be desperately passionate for success everytime we step on the ice: TSN, CBC, SPORTSNET, etc, etc!

:mad:

Old
04-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Darkseeker

Send a message via ICQ to Darkseeker Send a message via MSN to Darkseeker
Well 2 quebecers ( St-Louis and Lecavalier) openly said that they can take out the canadiens.... The habs are their childhood teams... TRAITORS!!! :mad:

Old
04-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Guy Caballero

Take advantage of it. When you're less consumed with rage it's easier to just sit back and enjoy good hockey. This series should prove to be some of the best you'll see this year. Two fast, skilled teams with good goalies? Seems like a can't-miss to me.

As for the Habs, don't worry about them sitting back due to a lack of motivation. The boys are playing for pride this year. They'll give it their all.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:34 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

well, why don't you just cheer even more for the habs and don't hate the oppsosite team? Go to the game if you can, destroy your voice. Or go at la cage and do the same thing.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Bill McNeal

Here ya go, worked for me

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=20

Old
04-22-2004, 12:39 PM
mcphee

You should try and get to the root problem of your need for hatred. That'll give us a healthier and happier Lafontaine.

Old
04-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Cariboux

Maybe you can hate Andre Roy, but he was too funny when he was at "Hors Jeux". Did someone see it ? He was singing about his coach and stuff like that

Old
04-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine
Um, did you know that the Ice Palace (or St.Pete's Times whatever corporate name) was built on an ancient Quebecois burial ground? That's right! Many of our heroes, their ancestors, their descendents, and their 5th cousins twice removed relocated to Sunny Florida for retirement, and, being at "that age", sadly passed away and were interred beneath the sandy loam that subsequently was plowed under for the building of the Ice Palace.

How dare they? Channel your rage in support of the weeping ghosts of the Forum, whose loved ones were, and still are, so callously disrespected by the evil Lightning empire.

(Or, if that doesn't work for you, two words: Mick Vukota.)

Old
04-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
(Or, if that doesn't work for you, two words: Mick Vukota.)
I miss Mick, Zarley and Igor

Old
04-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
I miss Mick, Zarley and Igor
Interesting... you, and countless others, don't miss Patrick Poulin.

Old
04-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Lafontaine

Well Blind Gardien....

I did not know that Mick Vukota was buried under the palace - those ********!!! :mad:

Or wait...did I misinterperet that thread?

Hehehe...Mick Vukota was my all-time favourite player on EA NHL hockey...what was it...96 maybe? Classic!

Lets just hope the Habs find it easier to get motivated than me (and I'm sure they do). I agree with everyone, this is going to be a great series to watch.

Old
04-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I dont see anything but love for Tampa.

Sorry, cant help you

Old
04-22-2004, 01:47 PM
All-Star

Quote:
It's the playoffs... just give it a game or two and you'll have plenty of reasons to hate them. Sometimes all it takes to kick-start it for me is one good check by one of the opposition's players...

This thread might also help you get a hate on for some of Tampa's fans: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=72904

Old
04-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Carbo N8

They are trying to steal our CUP!
If they get the CUP, they won't stop there, they will go looking for the 'PRETZEL'!
Hate them with every breath you take! :mad:

Old
04-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Darz

I feel sorry for you. I can always find my rage becuase I hated EVERY team in the NHL not named the Montreal Canadiens. Sure I hate the Leafs and the Bruins more than the Ligthning and the Thrashers, but the second that first puck is dropped in game #1 Friday night and those boys from Tampa try to score on or defend against the Montreal Canadiens my rage will be in full gear.

The fact that Tampa is going to try and beat the habs is enough motiviation for me!!!!

Old
04-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8
They are trying to steal our CUP!
If they get the CUP, they won't stop there, they will go looking for the 'PRETZEL'!
Hate them with every breath you take! :mad:
as a canadian, i hate these southern teams more than rivals. when they have sucess it make bettmans expansion down south look good and it will never stop. soon, hockey will be a indoor sport only, it will have 4 quarters and halftime shows. i hate the thought of this. its hurting hockey in canada. where do you think the best canadian players go to play now when they become UFAs? they can be loyal and stay in canada on a weaker team making less money or they can betray the country and go south so that they can make more money, win cups and be warm 12 months of the year. what do you think they do?

Old
04-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I did not know that Mick Vukota was buried under the palace - those ********!!! :mad:
Or wait...did I misinterperet that thread?
Close enough! In fact, I think Mick is still alive. Which just makes it worse.

Old
04-22-2004, 02:39 PM
chicpea*

Their governor is Jeb Bush (president in waiting).

Old
04-22-2004, 02:45 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Their governor is Jeb Bush (president in waiting).
oh god
dont remind me
i get to down to florida in just over a week and im more than likely gonna get to hear jeb speak. (although he did do one good thing in standing up to his brother and not letting drilling occur in the gulf of mexico)

heres a reason for hate... i once went to a beach in the tampa area and instead of attractive bikini-clad women (or shirtless, muscular guys for the ladies) all i saw were old-wrinkly bikini-clad women. it sucked. that is reason enough to hate

Old
04-22-2004, 02:57 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
as a canadian, i hate these southern teams more than rivals. when they have sucess it make bettmans expansion down south look good and it will never stop. soon, hockey will be a indoor sport only, it will have 4 quarters and halftime shows. i hate the thought of this. its hurting hockey in canada. where do you think the best canadian players go to play now when they become UFAs? they can be loyal and stay in canada on a weaker team making less money or they can betray the country and go south so that they can make more money, win cups and be warm 12 months of the year. what do you think they do?
Dallas was only one team from south that won Cup. and they don't have many Canadian veterans.

Old
04-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
It's the playoffs... just give it a game or two and you'll have plenty of reasons to hate them. Sometimes all it takes to kick-start it for me is one good check by one of the opposition's players...

This thread might also help you get a hate on for some of Tampa's fans: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=72904
That was the thread I was going to direct him too, it worked for me

Old
04-22-2004, 03:46 PM
justicex

Its easy to make your mind on Tampa.

Step 1 - Tampa.

Step 2 ->>>> TORONTO <<<<<<

That should solve your prob

Old
04-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Ooh... what about the dream of a TB-SJ Stanley Cup final?

(But I like those two teams, in a "they're not the Habs of course" kind of way? )

Old
04-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Zednikfan20

i JUST FOUND MY RAGE.

That feeling in my stomach when Habs played the Bruins.

STUPID Bruins fan at work with a BIG mouth.
He says how the Habs suck, how The Lightning will kill Montreal in 4 or 5 games.
How easy TB will score on Theodore.
How our #1 line will not even get half of the 24 pts they got vs Boston.

He just pissed me off!!

He should just keep his BIG MOUTH shut!

He doesn't know what to say since this was the year his B's would win the cup...when they got Gonchar, he said they got "Bourque" back

Old
04-23-2004, 12:02 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednikfan20
He doesn't know what to say since this was the year his B's would win the cup...when they got Gonchar, he said they got "Bourque" back
Ha, that's pretty good. I know what you mean though. At my favourite deli I have a good rapport with a Leafs fan who works there but then a month before the playoffs started they hired this bruin fan guy. Total homer, said basically the same thing about 'Bourque/Gonchar' and told me that not only would the Habs not make the playoffs, but that they'd finish beneath the Rags I tried to explain to him that this was almost mathematically imossible but he seemed unfazed by logic.
Anyway, I think he wants to kill me now after I snuck a 'go habs go' message inside a fiver when paying for my pasta!

Closed Thread