HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Feb 3 10 || Devils at Leafs || Phaneuf's Aneuf - Jiggy With Giggy - Shoestring

Old
02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
Yes but in the end of the day... You got the best player out of the deal.
But you could say that for the Kessel deal too, at least for now, and look how many people dislike that trade.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
stoney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Also true. I'd love to think that he intimidated the Devils so that their best forwards couldn't do what they usually did but it looked like an off night for their whole team.
Maybe not every game, but there are lots of players who aren't going to try and squeeze by him into our end.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

One more good thing these trades brought was three more pro contracts for the leafs. These may prove to be valuable as the college free agent season approaches.

2 - I forgot about Aulie on the Marlies now.

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Torgo

I was at the game last night and it was pretty electric at times in the building. When Dion got into a fight the entire building started clapping and chanting his name.

I was just amazed that the one game I got to go to this year was a game they won!

Shoey was a very nice surprise as well.

Torgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggdogg17 View Post
Once again... very unimpressed by Mr. Phil Kessel. I was at the game last night and noticed that anytime the leafs tried to clear the puck from their own end and he was on the ice, he wouldn't even consider taking a hit to make the play. This lead to several turnovers, simply because Kessel is a weak boards player.
I've been saying this for a while now. I was at the game as well and saw the same things live. He just isn't playing a very brave game. He's bailing from contact most times. I'm not expecting him to throw big hits, on the contrary, I'm expecting him to just go to the boards and compete for the puck. With his talent, that's a difference between a floater who scores 25-30 goals and a real elite player that he could be. With other players, that's usually a difference between being an NHL player and not being an NHL player.

The other very noticeable thing was him being gassed very early in his shifts. He's out of shape as far as I'm concerned. Maybe he has some health issues we don't know about but it's really eliminating his impact during his shifts. In my opinion, he doesn't look as fast as he did earlier in the season.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
TasteLikeBurning
The Tank Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
But you could say that for the Kessel deal too, at least for now, and look how many people dislike that trade.

The players drafted out of the kessel deal could become better than what we got back. We know what we traded for to get Phaneuf, thus I don't dislike this trade at all.

TasteLikeBurning is offline   Reply With Quote