HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Gilroy should not be on the NHL roster...

Old
02-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I see Gilroy developing into a really nice player over time. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's not going to be here. Not a gamebreaker, but a very solid second pairing defenseman.

I wouldn't mind it if he got sent down, but the Rangers then will have to trade for a temporary replacement. Bringing up Sanguinetti again just to see what will happen in the last 20 games of the season would be asinine. Heikennen is doing very well in Hartford, but even then it doesn't make much sense since I doubt he will be an upgrade this season.

Just let the guy play. We suck anyway
I definitely see him as a nice #4 or so guy who is a great asset on the PP if he can develop a NHL-level passing game. That's the key to him. His passing is... just not that good. He has no clue about outlet passes and he's not a playmaker. It can be taught, but I'm a bit weary about it.

Let's face it. Our team is not a good team right now. He should be sent down to learn. Bring up Sangs and Sauer. Have a rotation. Send one down and bring up Heik. That way we can get a clue about what we actually have.

Gilroy is not going to help us get into 8th place. Then again, neither will the others. But sending him down allows him to re-gain his confidence and, hopefully, learn to play the game at the pro level.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
+/- CAN be a good stat when you take other things into consideration.

+/- rating for a player that averages what, 12:00 a game at most? Against mostly 3rd/4th liners? Yeah, kind of an irrelevant stat.
The only time +/- is relevant is during contract negotiations

Old
02-04-2010, 03:21 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The only time +/- is relevant is during contract negotiations
Enter Marek Malik's representation

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 04:01 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Naturally when you score that many points your +/- is going to be pretty awesome.

And that's fine and good that Malik was good pre-lockout, his +/- was off the charts with us, and that was post-lockout. His first year on the Rangers was 05-06.
You kind of just supported my point. The fact that Orr and Ovechkin were/are + players means they are doing a great job.

Factor in that Malik put up negligible points and was + consistently and he had to be far, far better than those that claim he was garbage.

He was + before he came here, as well. Stats can be misleading for a season. They can't be misleading over a career.

Some of these DZ comments here are off the wall. He has been horrific on D but you live ith it because of his O and his age. But people who say he has been good on D this year are spitting into a very strong wind blowing in their face.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 04:02 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I definitely see him as a nice #4 or so guy who is a great asset on the PP if he can develop a NHL-level passing game. That's the key to him. His passing is... just not that good. He has no clue about outlet passes and he's not a playmaker. It can be taught, but I'm a bit weary about it.

Let's face it. Our team is not a good team right now. He should be sent down to learn. Bring up Sangs and Sauer. Have a rotation. Send one down and bring up Heik. That way we can get a clue about what we actually have.

Gilroy is not going to help us get into 8th place. Then again, neither will the others. But sending him down allows him to re-gain his confidence and, hopefully, learn to play the game at the pro level.
Gilroy is not nearly as good, but he reminds me a bit of Rafalski in style.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Gilroy is not nearly as good, but he reminds me a bit of Rafalski in style.
I could see a Rafalski light if he fulfills his potential. He's not that far off in terms of style. Like you said, far off in skill, but the style is somewhat there.

Old
02-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
thanks. is that better than totally bitter and completely irrational ?

nice avatar. so umm..... yesterday
No, totally bitter and completely irrational work just as well. The fact that all of your arguments are based of Lisin is really, really sad.

My avatar is so yesterday? Oh lawd! I am not hip and in and not 2010 with my updated avatar.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
No, totally bitter and completely irrational work just as well. The fact that all of your arguments are based of Lisin is really, really sad.

My avatar is so yesterday? Oh lawd! I am not hip and in and not 2010 with my updated avatar.
ive had the same avatar for like 5 years now

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
ive had the same avatar for like 5 years now
Uh-oh

That means that any valid points you make are null and void because apparently your avatar is the key to the HFboards.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote