samsonov PROPOSAL

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2004, 10:56 AM
hardbody77

vCash: 500
samsonov

i want a samsonov-for-bertuzzi trade
but after watching him in the playoffs... he was our only game breaker,ever time he had the puck things got exciting,by far our best player.
how many of you would do this trade?
vancouver would do it in a hearbeat simply b/c of his actions
i would now only b/c he wasnt stayed healthy enough to really make a difference and him playing out west would make him a impact player.
sammy-for-bertuzzi and maybe a draft pick,depending on how many gms sammy plays??

Old
04-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'd do it but the "Nucks wouldn't.

Bertuzzi would cost a lot more than Sergei, IMO. Not a slam on Sammy.I like him a lot.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-23-2004, 11:02 AM
BruinsGirl

Bertuzzi's contract is 7 mil.

Do you think we can have 2 main hot heads on the same team? ( besides Green,Lapointe etc)

Old
04-23-2004, 11:03 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
I'd do it but the "Nucks wouldn't.

Bertuzzi would cost a lot more than Sergei, IMO. Not a slam on Sammy.I like him a lot.
I had lost faith in Sammy during the earlier parts of the year. But if we could lock up Nylander I think they'd be a killer second line combo. Now Bert & Joe......ouch!

Old
04-23-2004, 11:03 AM
BoyntBergie

2 months ago, I would have been all over this.

But now, I would say no, and not because of Bert's actions. Samsonov was electric the last 1.5 months of the season and in the POs, just phenomenal.

Sammy, I still believe, is a 40 goal scorer. He's just gotta stay healthy, and I still think that will happen. I like Bert, but he's older, makes more, and isn't as smart as Sammy.

I would love him as a B, but not at the cost of Sammy.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:04 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

No thanks....I'd rather keep Sammy and try to get Bertuzzi another way.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl

Do you think we can have 2 main hot heads on the same team? ( besides Green,Lapointe etc)

Some of the best Bruins Teams of my yute had up to a 1/2 dozen...so ..Yes.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:09 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie
2 months ago, I would have been all over this.

But now, I would say no, and not because of Bert's actions. Samsonov was electric the last 1.5 months of the season and in the POs, just phenomenal.

Sammy, I still believe, is a 40 goal scorer. He's just gotta stay healthy, and I still think that will happen. I like Bert, but he's older, makes more, and isn't as smart as Sammy.

I would love him as a B, but not at the cost of Sammy.
I think Sammy at the height of his production, will be a 30-35 goal/50 assist/80 point player. His numbers won't be (nor have they really ever) been indicative of what his real strength is on the ice IMO: the ability to create chaos among opposing down low defenses, and to create space for his teammates.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:12 AM
BruinsGirl

I've heard that Sammy absolutely loves to play with Nylander and we should keep them here together.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Bruin_Ron

I agree with BoyntBergie and VeddarRants about acquiring Bertuzzi but not giving up Sammy. How this could be done, I don't know. Trading Sammy, even if out West, could make us kick ourselves in the butt in no time at all. Playing alongside Naslund would finally give us an idea of just how great he could be (that, and staying healthy, of course).

I like the idea that Martin had with the Sens, where you don't have fixed lines, but rather two players who stick together, and insert the second winger depending on your opponent or who's playing well together. That being said...

xxxxxxx - Thornton - Bertuzzi
Sammy - Nylander - xxxxxxx
Lapointe - Bergeron - xxxxxxx
Hillbert - Green - xxxxxxx

Assuming of course Nylander doesn't return home and we can sign him. Also, assuming we can come up with a way to acquire Bertuzzi, who is under contract.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Perry91502

Samsonov for Bertuzzi....IN A HEARTBEAT!

We all know that Im not a big Samsonov fan, but I think that most would agre, if MOC could somehow hypnotize the 'Nucks and pull this off, it would be the best he has had made as Bruins GM

Old
04-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
I agree with BoyntBergie and VeddarRants about acquiring Bertuzzi but not giving up Sammy. How this could be done, I don't know. Trading Sammy, even if out West, could make us kick ourselves in the butt in no time at all. Playing alongside Naslund would finally give us an idea of just how great he could be (that, and staying healthy, of course).

I like the idea that Martin had with the Sens, where you don't have fixed lines, but rather two players who stick together, and insert the second winger depending on your opponent or who's playing well together. That being said...

xxxxxxx - Thornton - Bertuzzi
Sammy - Nylander - xxxxxxx
Lapointe - Bergeron - xxxxxxx
Hillbert - Green - xxxxxxx

Assuming of course Nylander doesn't return home and we can sign him. Also, assuming we can come up with a way to acquire Bertuzzi, who is under contract.

I forgot to mention that if the Nucks were willing, I'd probably make the deal... but I would still prefer to NOT give up Sammy

Old
04-23-2004, 11:56 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry91502

We all know that Im not a big Samsonov fan, but I think that most would agre, if MOC could somehow hypnotize the 'Nucks and pull this off, it would be the best he has had made as Bruins GM
it's a moot point anyway, b/c we cannot possibly take on another 7 million dollar contract.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Terrier

Dealing for a contract like Bertuzzi's is out of the question in the current NHL labor environment. And although I'm as disappointed as anyone about the playoffs, I'm already looking forward to the prospect of retaining Nylander and maintaining the second line of Sammy-Nylander-Bergeron.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:09 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier
Dealing for a contract like Bertuzzi's is out of the question in the current NHL labor environment. And although I'm as disappointed as anyone about the playoffs, I'm already looking forward to the prospect of retaining Nylander and maintaining the second line of Sammy-Nylander-Bergeron.
On that note, is the current consensus that Bergeron will be a winger next season? I was under the impression he was a natural center...not so sure we wouldn't want him to center a third line for us. Just a thought.

BTW - If the response is that a third line wouldn't properly utilize his offense, and we also believe he's a natural center, then my guess is we might not see Nylander back.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:09 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier
I agree, that's going to be a great second line, but then again if Murray is not resigned a top line winger must be signed or Sammy will be promoted to line 1.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:13 PM
BubbaBoot

This is just NOT going to happen.

a) This is not a McSorley situation. Bertuzzi is not a shotgun riding bodyguard at the end of his career, he's considered to be one of the games premier power forwards and his contract is a testament to that. If Vancouver was foolish enough to trade him a way, it will cost more than just Samsonov, (can you say Bergeron or Boynton?)

b) Bertuzzi and Samsonov are the atypical apples v. oranges argument....they bring two totally different aspects of the game to the ice.

c) His contract is huge....the only way to offset it is to get rid of Joe or Lapointe. Joe would bring in a lot, Lapointe, not as much. I don't see either going anywhere soon.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:19 PM
erfus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21
I agree, that's going to be a great second line, but then again if Murray is not resigned a top line winger must be signed or Sammy will be promoted to line 1.
Samsonov is a top line winger and s/b playing on the 1st line and 1st PP unit. Depth is OK too, but the time has come for Samsonov to break out, and he can only do that by playing major minutes w/ the 1st offensive unit IMO.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13
On that note, is the current consensus that Bergeron will be a winger next season? I was under the impression he was a natural center...not so sure we wouldn't want him to center a third line for us. Just a thought.

BTW - If the response is that a third line wouldn't properly utilize his offense, and we also believe he's a natural center, then my guess is we might not see Nylander back.
Bergeron could center a third line just fine. Teams have been using three lines that can do some offensive dammage. Bergeron, because he has just great presence on the ice, would do a fine job at centering a third line. If we can roll three solid lines, all three very able to score, and the third with a closer checking mold, then eventually by the end of the season, our entire roster would be less exhausted.. not to mention we decrease the odds of injury by rolling all our lines with almost as much confidence.

A good example of a team who can confidently play their three lines with almost as much confidence is Ottawa:

Bondra - Bonk - Hossa
Schaeffer - Smolinski - Alfredsson
Fisher - Spezza - Havlat

Even though the Sens lost to the Leafs, this is an impressive lineup. Looks like one of either Hossa or Havlat will be gone next season, but my point is that there's nothing wrong with playing Bergeron centering the third line. He just has the skills to make his wingers look brilliant too, all while playing his natural position

Old
04-23-2004, 12:30 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
On the topic of rolling lines, Philly's top 3 centres (Zhamnov, Primeau and Handzus) are each averaging 17 minutes a game. Great way to keep your team fresh.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:43 PM
erfus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
Bergeron could center a third line just fine. Teams have been using three lines that can do some offensive dammage. Bergeron, because he has just great presence on the ice, would do a fine job at centering a third line.
I think you're right. The downside of that, however, is Bergeron is a top 2-line talent that makes peanuts. Replacing him on the 2nd line will likely cost you more than replacing a 3rd line center (ie., 30+ goal scorers cost more than 15-20 goal checking line centers). If there's a cap or hard tax, these are the sort of issues the Bruins will need to consider as they allocate limited resources.

It's also why they shouldn't bring back the likes of Slegr and O'Donnell with younger, cheaper replacements readily available.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Perry91502

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
it's a moot point anyway, b/c we cannot possibly take on another 7 million dollar contract.
Trust me, I know the possibility of a deal like that isnt very high, but if it were possible, and did happen, then I would be a very happy Bruins fan

Old
04-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmanNHL
where is all this coming from??? has anyone actually heard anything about bert coming to boston w/burke potentially??? or are people just making assumptions that this could possibly happen?? do we have any concrete sources, ie media, bruins personnel, canucks personnel.....just curious...????

It's just "what if ?"..

oh I merged your post with this thread.

same subject matter.

Old
04-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Bruin72

Samsanov is a Speed Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry91502

Samsanov is non tradeable, speed is so valuable

Old
04-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Bertuzzi is a better player... But I like Samsonov more.

I'd deal with the trade (Vancouver wouldn't), but I wouldn't be happy with it.

Closed Thread