HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ending note about toskala...

Old
02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

vCash: 500
Oh well, let's let it go.

Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Fenton

Yeah I noticed this too.

I think Allaire started rubbing off on him towards the end though. Not sure how many noticed, but Toskala changed to a butterfly pad toward the end of his time here. I think mid-January he made the switch. It was pretty significant considering he has had the CCM/Heaton style pads for a long long time (maybe since the start of his NHL career?).

Those two pads play way differently, one is a hybrid pad while the other is a traditional butterfly pad.

I'm guessing Toskala did start to listen mid-way through the year, likely after realizing he is in a contract year and might not have an NHL career after this season.

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:29 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Toskala sucks... glad to get rid of him! Welcome Giggy. 1st rounder for Toskala u will be missed

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

says a lot about his character. i guess his .863 save percentage was good enough for him.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Faltorvo

Dopey, stunned looking mf, useless pile of @#$~%&)*^%&#$%~% GTFO.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
A player should not be judged based on how he trains and practices.

There are many stars in this league, who don't practice with the same intensity that games are played in.

Equally, a guy like Dion, guys are out there who don't have a dial on their intensity and how hard they go.

All I'm saying is it's difficult to judge a player and a person based on how they train and practice. It's not fair.

What bothered me was what I used to notice in Toskala interviews after losses; after bad games, or games which really should have upset him/the team, he seemed so relaxed and careless, as if it didn't bother him.

Whether he was bottling it up, or whether he quickly tried to get it out of his mind, or whether he truly wasn't bothered at all, I don't know. It would have been nice, and perhaps meaningful to his teammates, if he got annoyed and mad every once in a while when the team was crap ahead of him.
Of course there's star players who don't practice as hard as they plan in a game but when your a goalie playing for a contractand your already a bubble starter, maybe even a bubble backup, you'd think you'd put a little more effort in. Vesa had a few major problems, he thought he played well when he clearly didn't and he had little competition from within. There was nobody to push him like there was in San Jose. The closest thing he had was the Monster who certainly puts the effort in but he's a rookie still learning the game and it was pretty obvious this season. Vesa just never seemed to give a ****. I don't know what makes me and others more mad, him not caring or his on-ice production, or lack there of. I'll gladly take on Giguere and his bloated contract. Giggy and Vesa are opposites. Giggy has won a cup and was MVP of the playoffs on a losing team, has the track record and stats of a HOF'er and gives it 100% of the time, he's a competitor. I still don't understand why Vesa didn't commit, besides the financial benefits, goalies are very replaceable in this league. .900 SV% goalies are a dime a dozen in the NHL and if he keeps it up, he'll be out of this league after next season.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
lol. not even close to what you're trying to make it out to be.

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Semantics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
**** you Hagman you puke.
Gotta love all the outrage from ***** posters over something he didn't actually say.

Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote