HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

its torts. im tellin ya its torts....

Old
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
Ken Hitchcock was just fired

There ya go! Fire Torts... hire him.

Next year we can fire him in February too and bring in X.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
gotmonte

Lets fire Sather first!

After that, if the new President and Gm can not get rid of some of our clowns and torts is forced to work with what we still have, then you dump him cause he sucks with what we have. But if he gets a better team to play with and Glenn isnt ruining it, then obviously I say keep Torts.

But his plays have soooo many odd ****ing man rushes, I cant stand it.

So not fair to Henrik. His thought process (torts) is so what if we give soo many odd man rushes against, we have Henrik back there to bail us out.

Does he NOT see that this puts toooo much stress on Henrik and his numbers will always look worse than they should be cause all those shots on him come from 3-1's and 2-1's which stats dont show. They only show shots on goal and save percentage. Not save percentage on ODD MAN RUSHES.

I love Henrik but the guy is getting murdered in New York I wish he would be traded to lets say Detroit and he would be a LEGEND forever! But with us, he will always be a great player but not one that got any ****ing help in his own end.

**** Torts and **** Sather

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 06:19 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Lets fire Sather first!

After that, if the new President and Gm can not get rid of some of our clowns and torts is forced to work with what we still have, then you dump him cause he sucks with what we have. But if he gets a better team to play with and Glenn isnt ruining it, then obviously I say keep Torts.

But his plays have soooo many odd ****ing man rushes, I cant stand it.

So not fair to Henrik. His thought process (torts) is so what if we give soo many odd man rushes against, we have Henrik back there to bail us out.

Does he NOT see that this puts toooo much stress on Henrik and his numbers will always look worse than they should be cause all those shots on him come from 3-1's and 2-1's which stats dont show. They only show shots on goal and save percentage. Not save percentage on ODD MAN RUSHES.

I love Henrik but the guy is getting murdered in New York I wish he would be traded to lets say Detroit and he would be a LEGEND forever! But with us, he will always be a great player but not one that got any ****ing help in his own end.

**** Torts and **** Sather
Guess what, almost every other team that scores goals in this league have d-men who pinch and join the rush. The difference is the personnel doing it and the surrounding players who don't cover up when they do. Plus it would help a bit if Hank stopped some glove side high shots but thats the least of the problems around here.

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 06:55 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
NEWSFLASH for all you blame/fire Torts 'tards! He has adjusted his system to fit these players.
On behalf of the tards:

What you have written is that he is doing what Renney did so I assume you thought Renney was at least as good as Torts (to date) because Renney got more from less.

If you were a fan of Renney's tenure here than you are consistent. If not, then the tard is on the other foot.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
On behalf of the tards:

What you have written is that he is doing what Renney did so I assume you thought Renney was at least as good as Torts (to date) because Renney got more from less.

If you were a fan of Renney's tenure here than you are consistent. If not, then the tard is on the other foot.
It's not much less, in fact I would argue that Torts has less, on defense alone nevermind the rest of the team!

But yeah, I supported Renney just as much as I support Torts. When he does things that don't make sense I complain just as much but I don't go around blaming him for things that are not his fault, this team quit on Renney at the end and that's on him, the problem this year has much more to do with talent level plus the amount of rookies and young players, not the team quitting on the coach. But lets just say I'm wrong and the players have quit on their second coach in 2 seasons, I fail to see how that falls on the coach more than the man deciding who plays here!

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Doctor Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
It's not much less, in fact I would argue that Torts has less, on defense alone nevermind the rest of the team!

But yeah, I supported Renney just as much as I support Torts. When he does things that don't make sense I complain just as much but I don't go around blaming him for things that are not his fault, this team quit on Renney at the end and that's on him, the problem this year has much more to do with talent level plus the amount of rookies and young players, not the team quitting on the coach. But lets just say I'm wrong and the players have quit on their second coach in 2 seasons, I fail to see how that falls on the coach more than the man deciding who plays here!
...and the PLAYERS who play here!

Doctor Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 11:52 PM
TomLaidlaw

Tonight Joe said something along the lines of...... " The Rangers coaching staff feels their offense will come from good team defense". I just started laughing. That statement seems to fly in the face of the "SAFE IS DEATH" rhetoric we were inundated with to start the year.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Tonight Joe said something along the lines of...... " The Rangers coaching staff feels their offense will come from good team defense". I just started laughing. That statement seems to fly in the face of the "SAFE IS DEATH" rhetoric we were inundated with to start the year.
That made me laugh too. At least Renney seemed to have a plan..a philosophy based on each roster he coached.

Torts, like Sather, is kind of flying by the seat of his pants.

During last nights press conference, for the 800th time, he said "Im not gonna get into specifics"

It seems thats the message hes extending to the players too.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:29 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Yeah? And if that's the case we may as well bring this guy back:

Fact is, if they're going to play the same type of hockey style, then I'll take classy Renney over a hole Torts any day.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Yeah? And if that's the case we may as well bring this guy back:

Fact is, if they're going to play the same type of hockey style, then I'll take classy Renney over a hole Torts any day.
I wish. But that ship has probably sailed.

I know Renney wants to continue coaching, but I would LOVE for the organization to extend him a front office job.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Yes, I too long for a return to the heady days of playing for the shootout midway through the second period.

Much like Shane, Renney ain't coming back.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
"safe is death" deosnt mean abandon all defensive responsibility

good team defense means being defensively responsible on the backcheck and in our own zone....I.E. picking up your man coming back, getting control of loose pucks, blocking shots, finishing checks, making smart passes, ect.

it does not mean playing back on your heels, playing less aggresive on the offensive blue line, using a less aggressive forecheck, ect.

regaurdless of what system you instead, whether its a "safe is death" run-n-gun style or a defensive shut-down style, good team defense is a must and you can't win without it

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I miss Renney, I miss Jagr...

I hate this team, the players, the coach, the GM, everything. FML

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I wish. But that ship has probably sailed.

I know Renney wants to continue coaching, but I would LOVE for the organization to extend him a front office job.
absolutely

i wanted him gone as a coach and i still think that was the right call, but without a doubt this team will owe a lot of the success it gets over the next few seasons to that man

getting him back in charge of youth development would be one of the best things to happen to this organization

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
Yes, I too long for a return to the heady days of playing for the shootout midway through the second period.

Much like Shane, Renney ain't coming back.
Yes, Im getting much more satisfaction as a fan watching a team thats supposed to play to win but just winds up losing in regulation more often that not.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

I hear Bobby Valentine is available

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
I hear Bobby Valentine is available
And maybe he can be Sather's next scapegoat.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
And maybe he can be Sather's next scapegoat.
Sather doesn't get to fire any more coaches...for so many reasons.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 12:24 PM
BOXPLAY

Send a message via AIM to BOXPLAY
the torts system will not work with this team ive said it from the

beginning and IL say it again. there are several teams in the nhl right

now who imo are not as good as us and yet still have more points

and i believe it is the systems they use

BOXPLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Sather doesn't get to fire any more coaches...for so many reasons.
Sather gets to do whatever he wants. He has complete autonamy over the organization. Anyone who thinks hes going to be outright fired just hasnt been paying attention for the last decade.

He has this job for as long as he wants it, because the only person tied to the organization that is more inept than Sather is his boss.