HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - St-Louis

Old
02-05-2010, 09:54 PM
BackesInBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16 View Post
Well I really do not understand all you fellow Blues fans on Berggy. He is in a freaking sophomore slump. For the love of god lets give him until his 3rd year, before we start talking trading away a future 1st/2nd line offensive scoring centerman. He has the size to that is wanted in a centerman and my fellow Blues fans want to get rid of him.

What do you think guys like him grow on trees?

Personally I wouldn't want Price, I think higher of Halak. And I would only consider giving up a player like Perron, only for Halak and not for Price. But this is really not the way I would attack this problem the Blues have. Just sign 1 of these RFA's to a offer sheet and see where it goes from there. Assuming none of the teams sign there RFA's. There are Price, Lethonen, Halak, Pavelec, Harding, Gustavsson, Neuvrith, and Niemi. (Got this list from nhlnumbers.com.) That is a total of 8 young goalies that you could go after and actually have to give up no assets at all. And then there is still Schnieder for trade if you are really desperate.
As I advocated earlier, Blues won't (or shouldn't) go into their goaltending situation right now thinking 'trade', but rather go after one of the many other options available (as you also just suggested).

As far as down on Bergs. Heck no, I think he's going to be a very good player. That said, it was hypothetical. If a trade DID go down between the Habs and the Blues involving Price (not going to happen but we're just playing along here) and based on the needs the Habs would likely be looking to fill going foward, I think Bergs would be asked for before 'The Magician'.

Never did I actually advocate it happening, just figured that's what the deal would center around. Bergs going their way, Price coming our way...fill in the gaps with picks and such.

BackesInBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackesInBlue View Post
whoa whoa whoa there killer, Petro better NOT be going anywhere. Uh uh nooo way jose.

I'm envisioning a future D of EJ/Polak/Petro/Cole/Rundblad/[Jackman] (Ponich/Junland/Berglund, etc)
OK so yes the Blues have loads of depth coming up at in D, but I'm fairly certain Petro won't be one of the pieces moved.

Now, you said Backlund but meant Berglund, I got that. I can see the Blues moving him if the price was right certainly. He's been showing us some glimpses of how good he will become recently but he's still not played up to what the Blues have been wanting and thus is expendable.

This may make some Habs fans cringe but a deal that I'd suggest would be a Berglund/Bishop for Price/3rd

Bishop hasn't been all that bad and may just need a wake-up. Bergs IS going to be good. I am confident in that.

Fellow Blues brothers, don't crucify me for suggesting to break up the Oshie/Perron/Berglund dream
Don't hold your breath on Rundblad.

The Sharks game Convinced me that Berglund will be a special player; one whose level is MILES above Perron's game. It seems to me Perron is close to his potential right now, and he won't get much better if he keeps making the decisions he does with the puck. Against the Sharks, Bergie absolutely dominated the flow of the game, was strong on the puck, made good decisions. I've got no doubt in my mind he's ready to break out. Perron seems like a fancier version of Boyes to me.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

THe Blues are high on Berglund internally. They are going to give him every chance to make it before considering dealing him...unless a team wants to massively over pay.

Until Perron finds himself making smarter plays, he has hit his production level. A 50-60 point winger, 2nd line winger. I don't think the Blues deal him, he has had a general level of improvement and is a fan favorite. I wouldn't discount that.

I can see the Blues more interested in Harding, Schneider, Lehtonen...players the Blues won't likely have to trade away players who are developing in to the core of this team under Payne.

If you want to talk Boyes, you might get more offers. He has regressed and needs a change of scenery. 30+ goals at $4mil is a steal if you can get him back to last seasons form.

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote