HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Peter Mueller

Old
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Canad93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Pacioretty, Plekanec, 2nd for Mueller

Pacioretty is a power forward prospect and Plekanec give depth to PHO to go in the playoffs.
No way I would do this as Montreal.

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey standard View Post
IMO Phoenix is a good trading partner with Toronto!

T. Kabrele
Poni
4th

for

K. Turris
P. Mueller
1st
That fits right into Maloney's plan doesn't it? The answer is NO by the way. So that must mean you don't think Maloney's plan is working. Or you didn't even consider his plan before posting. No, that couldn't be it...

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Canad93

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
to phoenix:
kaberle+poni

to toronto:
mueller+maclean(prospect)+2nd

maclean-a very good prospect was a 2nd rounder in 07...lite it up in the ohl had 2 100+ point seasons scored 61 goals his last year as a 19 year old....did very good in teh ahl as a 20 year old rookie scored 21 goals and 40 points in 74 games....and this year in the ahl hes got 20 goals and 35 points in only 45 games so far...hes got good size 6'1 200 lbs.....i thinks hes a very good prospect that no one seems to talk about...i would be very happy to get him as part of a return for kabs or somewhow in another trade....i think burkie should be going after him hard...i think he could step in to toronto's top 6 right now....and i think he is a future 30-40 goal scorer

phoenix fans what do you think of this trade?...done?..close ?...what needs tweaking?...also if this deal dont work how about a smaller deal for maclean what would it take?...poni +hanson?....grabo+
This is not a good trade for the Leafs. Ponikarovsky should get a 2nd round pick 9 out of 10 times, and while Maclean is turning into a nice looking prospect, star players like Kaberle don't get traded for struggling young players like Mueller.

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Chayos

Any interest in a Grebeshkov for Mueller deal?

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Defeatist*

He still has one of the worst plus minuses on the team, is on the wrong side of 50% on faceoffs, and is being outscored by Daniel freaking Winnik - all for someone who gets to play on the first line with Shane Doan (who I think is quite underrated here). Not to mention he's slow, he can't kill penalties, and consistently ranks among the lowest ice times per game.

I'm not saying you should trade him for a 6th round pick or anything, I agree with rt in that he shouldn't and probably won't be traded. However, to say that he's looking like he's finally figured things out after two games is a pretty big stretch. The more he struggles to put together a good full season, the more his rookie year will be the anomaly.

Defeatist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:

T. Kabrele
Poni
4th

for

K. Turris
P. Mueller
1st
No just no.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 03:53 PM
No Good Names Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Any interest in a Grebeshkov for Mueller deal?
As an Oiler fan, please, please, please. I can't take Grebs anymore.

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl2VinceNeil View Post
I would take it. Maybe swap Gogo with Letang.
Gogo and Gonchar are the only Pens defense signing for next year.
What about Fedentenko? Would the Coyotes be interested in him?
All so read the Coyotes are looking for a high end prospect, Would Caputi be of interest to the Coyotes?
Defensemen signed for next year. I mean Orpik.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:23 PM
azrick

And I can't take Mueller!

azrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

From the Flyers, what would it take? (we dont have a 1st or 2nd. Also big names, like Carter, Richards, JVR, Giroux, Pronger and Kimmo are obviously unavailable)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'm sorry but the people who post on this site straight up suck at reading.
It's like newspapers, people read the headlines and photo captions only.

That said, Phoenix giving up on Mueller at this point would be a drastic move.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeatist View Post
He still has one of the worst plus minuses on the team, is on the wrong side of 50% on faceoffs, and is being outscored by Daniel freaking Winnik - all for someone who gets to play on the first line with Shane Doan (who I think is quite underrated here). Not to mention he's slow, he can't kill penalties, and consistently ranks among the lowest ice times per game.
He hasn't played with Doan or on the first line very much.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 06:52 PM
kingbrutis

Man, people love to talk about Mueller. If we are talking seriously, send him to the blues for Mcdonald. He could really help us on a playoff push.

kingbrutis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 06:56 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
While I can understand why Yotes' fans don't really want to give up Mueller with his value low and his play looking like it's coming around that Edmonton proposal is far from the joke that you seem to think it is.

Not long ago many including several on the Coyotes' Board were thinking Mueller for Cogliano straight up wasn't too far from equitable. (I wouldn't trade Peter for Cogs by the way)

That leaves a 1st that looks like it will be in the 20-25 range (and still leaves the yotes with another first) and a 2nd that was a throw-in on the Upshall trade for Penner. While his production has gone down since Hemsky was injured and many are not sold that his new found commitment to fitness will last, he is putting up 20 goal season now.

I wouldn't want to do the deal either but the value isn't so far off that laughing smilies and comments about jokes are warranted either, at least in this guy's opinion.
Except it really is because Penner has a bad contract that substantially hurts his value. He would be tied for the 3rd highest paid person on the Coyotes. Do you really think he is worth his contract? Just because the Coyotes have multiple first round picks doesn't devalue them as an asset or mean they should go out of their way to give them away.

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
Except it really is because Penner has a bad contract that substantially hurts his value. He would be tied for the 3rd highest paid person on the Coyotes. Do you really think he is worth his contract? Just because the Coyotes have multiple first round picks doesn't devalue them as an asset or mean they should go out of their way to give them away.
He would also be the Coyotes' goal and point leader so maybe the contract would be alright. It certainly isn't as out there as it seemed last year at this time.

In the end I'm not completley sold that Penner is a 30 goal 70 point guy without Hemsky getting him the puck but he's certainly shown he is a 20-25 goal scorer on a regular basis.

My point is the proposal, while maybe not ideal or what I'd be looking for isn't as far off as some are saying.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeatist View Post
Mueller doesn't take faceoffs that often.

Doan and Mueller have played a grand total of like 4-5 games together all season. (All because Upshall was injured and is now out indefinitely)

He actually isn't that slow, he has a decent set of wheels. I think after that concussion/hit last season he lost a lot of confidence. I hope to see him continue in this upward trend from the last 2-3 games.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:14 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
From the Flyers, what would it take? (we dont have a 1st or 2nd. Also big names, like Carter, Richards, JVR, Giroux, Pronger and Kimmo are obviously unavailable)
Hartnell. Do it. Do it.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:21 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Briere?

It seems like every time a trade between the Coyotes and Flyers happens the Coyotes end up losing

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
darko

Quote:

T. Kabrele
Poni
4th

for

K. Turris
P. Mueller
1st

LMAO

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:17 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
Man, people love to talk about Mueller. If we are talking seriously, send him to the blues for Mcdonald. He could really help us on a playoff push.
Yup and most of the posters are fans of other teams and they are hoping that PM can play for their team...

Quote:
However, to say that he's looking like he's finally figured things out after two games is a pretty big stretch. The more he struggles to put together a good full season, the more his rookie year will be the anomaly.
4 games and counting...

Upshall went down and Mueller has picked up and the Coyotes are on a roll...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
Briere?

It seems like every time a trade between the Coyotes and Flyers happens the Coyotes end up losing
Your trying to tell me we lost the Upshall + 2nd '11 for Carcillo? LOL

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote