HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are there any chances Radulov ever returns to Nashville?

Old
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Charge_Seven

vCash: 500
Are there any chances Radulov ever returns to Nashville?

I was just wondering if any of the Nashville fans have any information regarding him. Is there any chance he'll ever come back to the NHL? Would he be welcomed back to the Predators? Would the Predators accept a deal just to salvage some value from him?

I hope nobody minds the question, I'm not trying to stir up old hurt feelings. lol

Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_Seven View Post
I was just wondering if any of the Nashville fans have any information regarding him. Is there any chance he'll ever come back to the NHL? Would he be welcomed back to the Predators? Would the Predators accept a deal just to salvage some value from him?

I hope nobody minds the question, I'm not trying to stir up old hurt feelings. lol

There is my answer

But in reality, if he ever comes back (which I think he will some day in the far off future) he will have one year to serve with Nashville. No matter what.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 02-03-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
In other words, he's not coming back.

He's doing well in the KHL, no reason for him to leave at the moment.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

There is no new information. Check previous threads for all the info you need

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Do not want.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:42 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Do not want.
That wasn't the question. Doesn't matter what we want or don't want, it's up to Poile, Trotz and the owners.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
There is no new information. Check previous threads for all the info you need
I was hoping that there would be new information. So everyone is quite certain he's never coming back then? If that's the case, how much would his rights cost?

Next time I'm looking up the history of him leaving, I'll look at the old threads

Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
I was hoping that there would be new information. So everyone is quite certain he's never coming back then? If that's the case, how much would his rights cost?

Next time I'm looking up the history of him leaving, I'll look at the old threads
No one knows if he's coming back or not. It's all speculation and people's gut feelings of the situation. If that's the case, I'll add to the speculation, I have a feeling he comes back after his contract is up with his Russian team. I think we see him in a Preds uniform either at the end of next season or the following season. Just my feeling. Do I want him back or not has nothing to do with what will happen. If he comes back, the people that don't want him back will boo him for a few games and once he starts scoring and contributing on the ice, all will be forgiven.

Another scenario in this is that Arnott's and Sullivan's contracts will be up after next season so it's plausable to see him come back to help fill the scoring void that will be left by those two and since he is still under contract for us, it will be a very cheap option to get a decent scorer in here.

Old
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
San Nashlanta

Is there a chance? Of course there is. However, it's highly unlikely. Rads showed what kind of person he is, followed the money and didn't honor the rest of his already existing contract. I'm not sure how you could welcome him back. Though that's just me.

San Nashlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
That wasn't the question. Doesn't matter what we want or don't want, it's up to Poile, Trotz and the owners.
... um, duh? In case you weren't aware, "do not want" is an internet meme and it was my chosen response to this topic. I didn't say it was up to the fans.

Old
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
... um, duh? In case you weren't aware, "do not want" is an internet meme and it was my chosen response to this topic. I didn't say it was up to the fans.
internet meme? Please explain what a meme is for us old folks.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 02-03-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Don't use abbreviations to get around the filters...
Old
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Do not want.
Do want.

We're not just talking about goals here... we're talking about a **** load of goals.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Cade243

Send a message via MSN to Cade243
I miss Rads... He was my favorite. I'd love to see him come back. I know it would be ugly, but he would bring some great scoring in. I think Trotzy really misses him too.

Cade243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 06:19 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Do want.

We're not just talking about goals here... we're talking about a **** load of goals.
Seriously. The same people that turn their noses up at Radulov coming back are the ones that are just waiting for Cal O'Reilly to finally put it together.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Depends on what kind of mojo he brings to the locker room. Last I heard the team wasn't too thrilled with him. However, that was a while ago.

If the players are cool with him then fine. If not, it's still fine...just make sure the body can be taken out of the arena without being seen.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2010, 09:55 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
internet meme? Please explain what a meme is for us old folks.
Sorry... wikipedia says: "The term Internet meme is a phrase used to describe a catchphrase or concept that spreads quickly from person to person via the Internet."

Check out some of these funny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Do want.

Perhaps, and for that reason he might be a valuable asset to us, but it still feels like he betrayed us and because of that I feel like he shouldn't be welcome here. Buuuuuuut that's just my opinion.

Old
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
In other words, he's not coming back.

He's doing well in the KHL, no reason for him to leave at the moment.
Until the KHL goes out of business in a few years.

adsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 12:46 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

I know we all feel like he betrayed us but I really think there is more to this than what we will ever know. I think a few things about it to be honest and one is a mob involvement that's tied to him or his family and he really had no choice in the matter. It sounds as if he and Poile still have a good relationship and Poile seems to think there was more about this as well but isn't at liberty to say. That's just me. Maybe he was just a dumb kid and went for the money. Who knows. At the end of the day, we all do stupid stuff.

Old
02-04-2010, 10:12 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Seriously. The same people that turn their noses up at Radulov coming back are the ones that are just waiting for Cal O'Reilly to finally put it together.
Not entirely. I'm looking forward to Rads return... expect him to return... and I think Cal O' will be on par with Peverly whether here or elsewhere.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 10:26 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Now hold on boys and girls. Let be polite about this. Alex tends to stir the masses when it comes to the topic.

If Radulov wants to come back I think the management will bring him back with open arms. The context of Russian players in the NHL has changed. Teams are now sending Russians to the KHL on loan almost like a minor league. I treat Radulov like a European prospect who needs to be wooed over. He is also a trend setter. When he left other player began to follow him. What if he comes back? I think the league and the team are going to be patient with him. He's what's going to happen.

1a) The KHL contract ends and Rads comes back to Nashville, he links up with WIlson and realizes that he has the perfect playmaker for his goal scoring and stays. Nashville fans rejoice.

1b) The KHL contract ends and Rads comes back and doesn't want to be a part of the Preds. He is traded for a LOT of assests; picks AND players. Nashville fans rejoice because they got something back for the investment.

2) Rads loves being the star in the motherland and we are back to where we started from, which frankly is NOT THAT BAD! Radulov becomes a missed 1st rounder. Poile took a chance and got burned. Chances happen like that.

Radulov is an overly emotional issue when it shouldn't Nashville is either going to get status quo or a really nice return. Would I like for him to play for Nashville. My God yes. -Wilson-Radulov. You could throw me in that other wing spot and that would be a formidable line. If Nashville gets picks and players for him, I would be happy too.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He cannot sign another KHL contract. The agreement with the KHL now is they will not sign players with NHL contracts, Radulov has a NHL contract. He signed his KHL contract before the agreement so it didn't count but when it runs out it will fall under the new agreement and he will have to complete his NHL contract before signing another KHL contract.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He cannot sign another KHL contract. The agreement with the KHL now is they will not sign players with NHL contracts, Radulov has a NHL contract. He signed his KHL contract before the agreement so it didn't count but when it runs out it will fall under the new agreement and he will have to complete his NHL contract before signing another KHL contract.
I keep thinking Conan O'Brian on this one.

Old
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
smitty10

Quote:
I'm not sure the KHL will honor that agreement when it comes down to Radulov. It would be nice to see him back in the NHL though.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 05:13 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
This ^ nailed it... o, and he doesn't have to honor his KHL contract before coming back either.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
This ^ nailed it... o, and he doesn't have to honor his KHL contract before coming back either.
Which is why I don't think Rads is going to come back. If he doesn't have to fullfill his contract with the KHL and he wants to come back to the NHL he would finish his contract with Nashville.

Of course this is an assumption based on deductive reasoning.