HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalchuk & Anssi Salmela traded to Devils for Oduya, Bergfors, Cormier and a 1st

Old
02-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
This is awesome. When I first heard of the trade going down I had a strong feeling that Cormier was gonna be going the other way. Glad that little puke will never get the chance to play for a reputable organization. Absolutely brilliant trade for New Jersey on acquiring a rental.

Oduya will be a big loss, but I got a feeling that Lou will have no problem replacing him. Souray anyone?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Little Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
you only play hockey for so many years of your life - why should he be loyal to your "code" of hockey morality? its his decision. if he wants out of a market that is static/stagnant and run by a bozo - why stay even if the offer is good?

and yeah, maybe some of the russians fit your stereotype but its not like most of the Nintendo Generation Canadian Boys like Sam Gagner who call-up EA sports whining about their numeric attributes. that doesnt come off as a tantrum filled mama's boy who plays with the same type of tantrums on the ice to make up for his lacking size/speed, does it?

he really did whoop up on those russians though. the last time he was "amazing."
Tell us more, doctor.

Little Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
you only play hockey for so many years of your life - why should he be loyal to your "code" of hockey morality? its his decision. if he wants out of a market that is static/stagnant and run by a bozo - why stay even if the offer is good?

and yeah, maybe some of the russians fit your stereotype but its not like most of the Nintendo Generation Canadian Boys like Sam Gagner who call-up EA sports whining about their numeric attributes. that doesnt come off as a tantrum filled mama's boy who plays with the same type of tantrums on the ice to make up for his lacking size/speed, does it?

he really did whoop up on those russians though. the last time he was "amazing."
I understand where your coming from on Kovalchuk. He deserves a better team to play on.

Having said that there is no reason to rip on Sam Gagner. The guy is a class act and works just as hard as anybody to help the team and win games. Here is a quote from Sam Gagner that I really liked.

Sam Gagner on Practice:

“Every time you step on the ice it is an opportunity to get better. If you look at some of the drills they are just straight down and shooting. If you can take that time to really work on creating some deception on goalies by moving the puck different ways it will be a great benefit for you going forward.

“You look at a guy like MC (Mike Comrie) he’s great around the net because he works on it at practice. He’s always around the net and wanting to score in practice and he creates good habits and those are guys you can look up to. Obviously the best players in the league have great habits around the net. Look at a guy like Parise (Zach), a lot of his goals are scored from ten feet around the net and you hear about how hard he works and how good his habits are. You can learn something from all the skilled guys in the league and that’s why I stay after practice; to try to get to better and hopefully that pays dividends down the road.”

What a whiner eh?

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote