Notices

the bruins should consider...

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2004, 12:08 PM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
the bruins should consider...

having some sort of 'chat with the fans' session. i know that vancouver did it- fans pack themselves into an auditorium, and brian burke answers their questions. my personal idea would be for the bruins to "randomly" pick a fan who would get to sit down with OC and have lunch...maybe bounce some ideas off of him. it's a great PR idea, and if you get the right person, it could actually be valuable for both parties. of course, if we could make it so someone on this board wins, things would be all the better. we could formulate a giant list of ideas (rotating 'A'), questions (will the D be revamped?), complaints (your 3rd jerseys look like yellow vomit) and concerns (we need to keep nylander). not sure how we could even get the ball rolling on something like this, but it is an idea that is pretty 20th century- and the b's seem to be making an attempt to head in this direction anyway. 2 things- how does everyone feel about this idea? and...can anyone use their influence to make it happen?

Old
04-23-2004, 12:16 PM
BoyntBergie

Nice idea Nugs. At the bare minimum it would be saying to the fans, "We care about what you think", even if they really didn't.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:30 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Boston had a " Dinner with a Player" promotion with Mike Knuble earlier this year. The bogus thing was... the dinner was at Friendly's Don't get me wrong... I like eating at Friendly's every now and then, and meeting Knuble would have been great. I just think they could have picked a better place to eat...

Old
04-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Perry91502

I think its a great idea. The Sox already do things like this on a somewhat regular basis

Old
04-23-2004, 01:04 PM
The-Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants
Boston had a " Dinner with a Player" promotion with Mike Knuble earlier this year. The bogus thing was... the dinner was at Friendly's Don't get me wrong... I like eating at Friendly's every now and then, and meeting Knuble would have been great. I just think they could have picked a better place to eat...
Friendly's sponsored it I believe....thats why it was there.......Nugs I love the idea and as far as having someone with juice....you find them and I'll make them an offer they cant refuse!!

Old
04-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Godfather
Friendly's sponsored it I believe....thats why it was there.......Nugs I love the idea and as far as having someone with juice....you find them and I'll make them an offer they cant refuse!!

leave the gun...take the cannoli...

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-23-2004, 01:10 PM
The-Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally

leave the gun...take the cannoli...

Salute Don Wally....very nice

Old
04-23-2004, 01:14 PM
BigBadBruin

Maybe this has already been done here or somewhere else, but why not invite O'C or Jacobs Jr. to post on the board. Theo and I believe Henry have done this on the Sons of Sam Horn page for the Sox. Great way to interact with fans as long as it's kept clean and provides the fans with a upfront look at some issues. Similar to what our professional writers are doing for us now.

Old
04-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin
Maybe this has already been done here or somewhere else, but why not invite O'C or Jacobs Jr. to post on the board. Theo and I believe Henry have done this on the Sons of Sam Horn page for the Sox. Great way to interact with fans as long as it's kept clean and provides the fans with a upfront look at some issues. Similar to what our professional writers are doing for us now.
"Tonight, for you Bruins fans at HF Boards: Mike O'Connell drops in for a chat at 7 pm Eastern Time. Come present your thoughts, concerns, and ideas."

Old
04-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
"Tonight, for you Bruins fans at HF Boards: Mike O'Connell drops in for a chat at 7 pm Eastern Time. Come present your thoughts, concerns, and ideas."
I like the idea!

Old
04-23-2004, 01:23 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin
that would be absolutely AWESOME...i think one of our celebrity writers may be able to help us out with this

Old
04-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
that would be absolutely AWESOME...i think one of our celebrity writers may be able to help us out with this

not to be a party pooper...but gut feel tells me that if they wanted to post here they would have by now...

Old
04-23-2004, 02:00 PM
BigBadBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
not to be a party pooper...but gut feel tells me that if they wanted to post here they would have by now...
Maybe. The Sox's venture into the method of interaction has been well documented in the press, so they must be aware of the idea. When Theo does it, it's a question and answer forum. I assume he can answer whatever he pleases. I think that site is regulated in it's members which is different from our site. Obviously they wouldn't come here just to be trashed, so maybe a precompiled list of relevant questions could be prepared for them to answer at their leisure.

Old
04-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Don't get me wrong.. I'd love for something like this to happen.
But it would have to be in a specially configured closed Forum.
Read only , if you will....
We are much more open to the public than SoSH.

The Managing Editor and possibly the site owners would have to figure that out and see if it's feasibile.

I do know that some people that read here...those * very close* to the team won't post for some obvious reasons.

When some do... I kinda chuckle in a weird way...seeing us posters tell these folks what either they , their sons , their brothers are like ...

Old
04-23-2004, 03:55 PM
don

Great Idea

Post it here

http://bostonbruins.com/fanzone/chat.asp

I'd do it but I don't want to steal your thunder. Maybe make it 3 fans, as long as they're well behaved. I guess that eliminates most of us.

Old
04-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Grapes

Wasn't there a question/answer session with MOC a couple of weeks back on the NESN site?

If it is true that players or their loved ones peek in from time to time,.. i hope not this week, especially not Muzz, Rolly, Gill or any of their families, 'cuz boy we can be a rough bunch,..

It would be good for Joe's ego though, we have sure stuck up for him lately.

Closed Thread