HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Its mock time again...

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Its mock time again...

Who would you want the Predators to select in the first round?

Old
04-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Thelen, Radulov, or Picard. Hopefully one of those will fall to no. 16.

Old
04-23-2004, 01:19 PM
HyperSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Thelen, Radulov, or Picard. Hopefully one of those will fall to no. 16.
Where is the best site to get draft info and bios on these players?

Old
04-23-2004, 01:47 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Chipchura, we don't have one single big center in our system that has a chance to be an impact player. We are very small at center, so I think this would be the best move. If we draft a d-man I'll go nuts

Old
04-23-2004, 03:46 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
Chipchura, we don't have one single big center in our system that has a chance to be an impact player. We are very small at center, so I think this would be the best move. If we draft a d-man I'll go nuts

I think we should talk to Arkhipov and see if there is any heart left in the man. If not, I think we should gauge the interest in Chipper. If he's going to be gone by the 12th pick or so, I wouldn't mind taking Arkhipov and our 16th and working a deal to move up.

Old
04-23-2004, 06:53 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I seriously see this as a year the Preds should try to move up the board, IF we can get a guy 1 year from being NHL caliber and physical size. I think as opposed to last year, the dropoff after # 7 is pretty steep, and picks are more of a gamble around where the Preds will fall. They have several lower picks they could package.

Much as I would like to move Arkhi, Poile essentially said publicly (and told Arkhi) he had no trade value based on last year's play. If he did have any value, he would already be gone.

Old
04-24-2004, 06:38 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree, we should all just drop the package Arkhipov thing now, Poile shopped him and didn't get any takers.

Drew Stafford, Kyle Chipchura, Wojtek Wolski, with earlier picks.

Blake Wheeler, David Booth, John Lammers late

Old
04-24-2004, 06:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I agree, we should all just drop the package Arkhipov thing now, Poile shopped him and didn't get any takers.

Drew Stafford, Kyle Chipchura, Wojtek Wolski, with earlier picks.

Blake Wheeler, David Booth, John Lammers late
Let me add another name to the late list

Billy Ryan

Old
04-24-2004, 08:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i'd love to pick up a guy like Wolski. lightning fast scorer.

Old
04-24-2004, 10:41 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
I seriously see this as a year the Preds should try to move up the board, IF we can get a guy 1 year from being NHL caliber and physical size. I think as opposed to last year, the dropoff after # 7 is pretty steep, and picks are more of a gamble around where the Preds will fall. They have several lower picks they could package.

Much as I would like to move Arkhi, Poile essentially said publicly (and told Arkhi) he had no trade value based on last year's play. If he did have any value, he would already be gone.
Did he say Arkhipov had no trade value or did he say he shopped him but didn't find any takers? Big difference there. He could have felt that Arkhipov was worth more than what other teams were willing to give and felt it was better off keeping him. That would mean there were no takers either, but he would still have value. I refuse to believe that some team wouldn't take a flier on him.

Old
04-24-2004, 11:01 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Did he say Arkhipov had no trade value or did he say he shopped him but didn't find any takers? Big difference there. He could have felt that Arkhipov was worth more than what other teams were willing to give and felt it was better off keeping him. That would mean there were no takers either, but he would still have value. I refuse to believe that some team wouldn't take a flier on him.

the article seem to say that they were pretty desperately trying to shop him at the deadline, and that everyone was interested at first..based on what they remembered...but when they came to scout him, they lost interest.

Old
04-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Big question here: If Thelen falls to us or is still around relatively late, do we trade up to get him. He is a defensemen yes, but he has the potential to be something extremely special. 6'3" 205 lbs and around midseason he was ranked 16th in North America's skaters, his stock has risent to potential top 10 pick since then. Chipchura's offense hasn't been that great this year, adn a lot of people are not sold on his offensive capabilities. Why not Picard? 6 - 2, he is the Q's top sniper, and has good size. If Shcremp is still around after pick 10, he would be a steal at 11, etc. He is probably in the top 3 in terms of talent, and frankly, I think he wants to prove that he isn't a quitter, etc. The one player I would love to see on our team.........Rostislav Olesz. Decent size, a center, and extremely skilled.

I just don't know. It depends on whether we are willing to trade up or stay put. If we stay put, we may have to pick a dman, as he is the best one at that point. Smid maybe?

Last edited by Enoch: 04-24-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old
04-24-2004, 01:31 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
We need a center with size, we just don't have one, thats my main reason for wanting Chipchura. However if Shcremp is still available I say take him. IMO the guy is top 5 talent, just has been labeled a trouble maker

Old
04-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
We've had no problem with trouble-makers.

Jere who?

jk

Old
04-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

How would you all feel if the Draft played out like that? or would you go goalie first round?

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=32

Old
04-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I seriously doubt Montoya falls to 21. I doubt Schwarz or Montoya is available at our point in the draft. They may be, but I doubt it. Picard is a great pick at 16, and I would be extremly happy drafting him.

Closed Thread