HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else excited to see the post Kovy Thrashers?

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2010, 03:41 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
Why wouldn't he practice or play? What's he supposed to do, go home, kick 'em up and watch Nicktoons?
Pretty tough to get injured that way.

Old
02-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
I have tickets for Saturday.

I'm not going.

I think its interesting that he's still practicing with the team.

I think its interesting that he's going to play on Friday.

The day the team announced Lehtonen's FIRST back surgery, every marketing image/wallpaper with Lehtonen's face on it disappeared from the team website.

Kovy's been told to expect a trade, but he's still the face of the franchise on the website.

Something doesn't add up.
can i have your tickets?

Old
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
Why wouldn't he practice or play? What's he supposed to do, go home, kick 'em up and watch Nicktoons?
Wonder if Kovy likes Spongebob

Old
02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I'm very excited!

Ponikarovsky Antropov Little
Peverley Marleau Ryder
Kane Slater Machacek
Thorburn Reasoner Boulton

Old
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
"Our goal from the start of this negotiating process was to sign Ilya Kovalchuk to a long-term contract. During the process, Kovy affirmed his desire to be a Thrasher for life. We've spent several months exploring scenarios with Kovy and his agent to reach a mutually beneficial agreement, and offered many lucrative packages in an attempt to meet his financial objectives. Unfortunately, we've reached an impasse and at this point he has declined all of our proposals and we can't reasonably go any higher.

Ultimately, we offered Kovy more than $101 million over 12 years, which would have been the highest contract signed by an impending unrestricted free agent in the history of the league. If accepted, this contract would have been the second highest offer ever to any NHL player. We also met his desire to be the highest paid player based on average annual salary with a separate offer of 7 years at $10M per year ($70M). This offer is $0.5M higher per year than any other player.

If we went beyond these offers, we would not be able to retain the young players on our roster when it came time to sign them, or invest in other top tier players needed to assemble a truly competitive team. Therefore, we are aggressively exploring all of our options as we move forward."

good riddance. obviously he has no desire to be here and just wants to place all the blame on DW and the owners.
I'm just not sure how Kovy goes from "I'm gonna be a thrasher for life! :3" to "screw you guys, I'm outta here" over a single season, and that quickly. Especially that the team's doing better than it has been in the past, so it just doesn't make sense that he would want to leave right now. The timing is just off about it.

Personally, I think Ilya is overvaluing his services. In the dead puck era, with such an emphasis on D (which, as much as I like the guy, is not his strong point) and decreased scoring, I don't know if he'd be such a hot commodity in a game that isn't so fast, but right now the NHL is a scoring league. Scoring sells and for the most part it wins. I haven't seen nearly as many ads featuring Brodeur or the other elite goalie or defensemen types as the beginning of the decade.

Anyway, I think Ilya is thinking he's worth a lot, and he certainly is, but he's just not.

Old
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

friday's hopeful lineup

kozzy/kovy trade player-antro/kovy trade player-maxy/kovy trade player
kane-peverley-little
white/whoever's left from the top line-slater-armstrong/whoever's left from the top line
boultos-reasoner-thor

Old
02-05-2010, 12:36 AM
bigbaddbruins

al set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
I am.

if Waddell can just not screw up this trade i think we will be just fine. Consider for a moment that our team is very competitive at a relatively low salary number. We have Kovy, Kozzy and White(hopefully) all coming off the books. that is about 13 million alone. we will have lots of space to take on good players without giving up much (:cough: Chicago) from teams that need to clear cap space.

If we can get Kubina re-signed, everyone else that may leave is easily replaceable imo.

Between now and the start of next season will be a very exciting time. and who knows, Kovy may come back on July 1.

I am ready for us to have a good TEAM, not just a star player or 2 combined with a bunch of spare parts like we have always had.
i posted why you guys are going to be a cup contender next year, under devil trade post you guys are doing better than ok, making a bunch of jealous trolls saying you messed up in the trade.

Old
02-05-2010, 12:46 AM
bigbaddbruins

sorry mr tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
I hope you guys get a good deal...the way Kovalchuk is treating this situation is terrible...say you don't want to be in Atlanta instead of beating around the bush.

But if you guys do trade with Boston...I really hope you hurt their future.
sorry tonk no luck at that. the bruins like atlanta are in the best future shape than any other teams in the league. the bruins have been injured heavily all season which may make our pick this year a top 5 lottery pick. plus this year we have torontos 1st which is going to be a top 3. we have three 2nd this year 3 high 2nds we have torontos, tampas, and ours. plus next year we have our first, torontos 1st which could also be a top 5 lottery pick. thats just our first two rounds the next two years. we also have our 3rd to 7nth in both the next two years as well.
sorry tonka your screwed bruins will rule. and from what it seems atlanta will be right there with us.

Closed Thread