HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs. Preds | Feb. 4, 10 | 6 PM MTN

Old
02-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Adama0905

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Wow. That was mature. I like how you attacked his looks when that had nothing to do with anything. Couldn't come up with anything better? Oh, and by the way, he made Nashville's Top 25 Best Looking people a couple weeks ago, which even the players found funny and said he shouldn't have won, but I still find it hilarious given your comments.

Think you harped on that enough in this thread? Here, I'll add to your list of reasons why our fans are classless: we also chant "Goalie's name (3x), YOU SUCK... it's all your fault (3x)" and "Goalie's name, loser, goalie's name, loser" and "sucks" after every player's name in the opposing team's starting lineup, and "and they still suck" after the opposing team's power player has been announced. It's called SPORTS. Every fan says something derogatory about the other team. Get used to it. And on that note, I have heard so many people recently who have come into our house and then say how impressed they are with our chants and how all the fans participate and really say it with passion. I mean, I get that you don't like it when it's geared towards your own team, especially since you lost, but don't take it so personally. We say it to everyone. And really, calling us classless is just comical. Glad to see some of your fellow Av fans thought you were being a bit over-the-top too.

Anyway, it was a great game for us. Some of our veterans came back with a vengeance which hasn't been the case recently (the rookies have been doing all the leg work). It was nice to see some Av fans there, thanks for coming out.
I hope you're adding that as a way to like, make fun of yourselves....because it's truly sad if that ugly mug made Nashville's 25 best looking people.

And don't pay attention to anybody trying to harp on your chants...I like it, I think it's good to have fan involvement and have an awesome raucous crowd. It's like night and day going to a Colorado Mammoth game, where all the fans are involved and crazy, and then going to an Avs game, where you could hear a pen drop it's such a terrible crowd. Really annoying, you feel awkward even cheering for stuff.

It's awesome that you guys actually cheer and do cool stuff at your games. Keep it up, I'm sure the team loves it.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:02 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
I hope you're adding that as a way to like, make fun of yourselves....because it's truly sad if that ugly mug made Nashville's 25 best looking people.
I think we all realized the irony of it. First, there are plenty of other men on our freaking hockey team that are more attractive, but out of the entire city... it's pretty comical. They had a little video of all the player's opinions on it and every one of them made fun of Sully, so I think we all take it as a joke. But yes, he really did make it.

Quote:
And don't pay attention to anybody trying to harp on your chants...I like it, I think it's good to have fan involvement and have an awesome raucous crowd. It's like night and day going to a Colorado Mammoth game, where all the fans are involved and crazy, and then going to an Avs game, where you could hear a pen drop it's such a terrible crowd. Really annoying, you feel awkward even cheering for stuff.

It's awesome that you guys actually cheer and do cool stuff at your games. Keep it up, I'm sure the team loves it.
Wow, that was really nice of you, thanks. I've only ever been to two other NHL arenas (Atlanta and Columbus) and so my experience with them is limited, but I had no idea that other arenas were so quiet until so many people told us how involved our fans were in the chants. I think it's because we have the cell block (section 303) and their designated job is to start the chants. That section is ALWAYS sold out. Anyway, I really do think it helps our team's mojo, they are doing way better at home than on the road!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:14 AM
ABasin
Beer is good food

Quote:
Except nobody would ever complain about our fans, because 1) they never show up
I attended the Avs game on Tuesday night, and the Mammoth game last night - there were more fans in the building last night (I thought so anyway), and it was *much* louder than Tuesday - even though our hockey team won and our LAX team got killed.

Yes, the atmosphere is different at those LAX games, but still.

-AB

ABasin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I attended the Avs game on Tuesday night, and the Mammoth game last night - there were more fans in the building last night (I thought so anyway), and it was *much* louder than Tuesday - even though our hockey team won and our LAX team got killed.

Yes, the atmosphere is different at those LAX games, but still.

-AB
Yeah, Mammoth games are a blast. And at five bucks a pop, it's great. They haven't been that good the past couple years, but during that Championship run, that building was the loudest I've ever heard at any sports game ever. And the building is still louder than any Avs game will ever be. The atmosphere the first couple Avs games was good, but for the most part, it's just depressing going to one of those lately, even if we win.

I don't know if the prices lend to younger, more enthusiastic people at Mammoth games or what, but it's kinda sad that people at Avs games are perfectly content just sitting there staring at the game being perfectly quiet when it's clear that their team needs a little bit of enthusiasm at the games. Also kinda sad when you see some of the people on these boards get mad that another team's fanbase is louder and just, better, at home games than ours.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote