HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist, Immonen Named to National Teams

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 12:39 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Lundqvist, Immonen Named to National Teams

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1198

Old
04-16-2004, 08:39 AM
vbox81

At least it sounds like Immonen did well in the Finnish league, any chances he could be on the Rangers next year?

Old
04-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Padawan
Former power tripper

Actually, Jarkko was just selected to the Team Finland group that will compete in the Euro Hockey Tour finals against Team Sweden in this weekend. The finals is played in two games, first today and the next one in sunday.

The team that will compete in the World Championships will be announced next tuesday and there are no guarantees that he will be selected to that team.

There are small chances that he will sign with the Rangers. He has said that the Rangers have had very little in touch with him. He has received only one phone call from a scout who basicly asked how he has been. He has said that he rather plays with JYP when the other alternative is playing in AHL with no chances to play in the NHL. (That last comment was made considering the possible lock out.)

Edit: In that story there's a really bad error.
Quote:
Immonen also represented Sweden at the 2003 Karjala Cup in Finland, where he was named the tournaments's top player.
We Finns have the same kind of rivalry going on with Swedes as the Americans have with the Canadians. So, that error just made me really mad. :mad:

Last edited by Padawan: 04-16-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old
04-16-2004, 10:45 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
Actually, Jarkko was just selected to the Team Finland group that will compete in the Euro Hockey Tour finals against Team Sweden in this weekend. The finals is played in two games, first today and the next one in sunday.

The team that will compete in the World Championships will be announced next tuesday and there are no guarantees that he will be selected to that team.

There are small chances that he will sign with the Rangers. He has said that the Rangers have had very little in touch with him. He has received only one phone call from a scout who basicly asked how he has been. He has said that he rather plays with JYP when the other alternative is playing in AHL with no chances to play in the NHL. (That last comment was made considering the possible lock out.)
Hi Padawan

Maybe Jarkko would be willing to sign the same type of deal that Kondratiev signed, which would allow him the opportunity to return to Finland and JYP, if he didn't make the NHL. He seems to be developing nicely in Finland.

The Rangers need some good centers.

***Please do not restart the Umberger Wars ******

Old
04-16-2004, 05:39 PM
schmittkov

Immonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbox81
At least it sounds like Immonen did well in the Finnish league, any chances he could be on the Rangers next year?
I remember reading somewhere that he had already signed a one year contract extension for his team in Finland for next year. I don't know if it has an out clause to come to the nhl or not though.

Old
04-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Padawan
Former power tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmittkov
I remember reading somewhere that he had already signed a one year contract extension for his team in Finland for next year. I don't know if it has an out clause to come to the nhl or not though.
That is true but it has the NHL clause if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Maybe Jarkko would be willing to sign the same type of deal that Kondratiev signed, which would allow him the opportunity to return to Finland and JYP, if he didn't make the NHL. He seems to be developing nicely in Finland.
Jarkko is a team player. He thinks his team first so I doubt that he would make that kind of arrangement. JYP isn't really a rich team so putting a team in that situation doesn't really help the team. JYP (Jarkko's current team in Finland) has based the team on Immonen. He is our #1 center and plays a lot in the special teams as well. He either goes or doesn't go. That's the bottom line imho.

Last edited by Padawan: 04-16-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old
04-17-2004, 09:01 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
That is true but it has the NHL clause if I remember correctly.

Jarkko is a team player. He thinks his team first so I doubt that he would make that kind of arrangement. JYP isn't really a rich team so putting a team in that situation doesn't really help the team. JYP (Jarkko's current team in Finland) has based the team on Immonen. He is our #1 center and plays a lot in the special teams as well. He either goes or doesn't go. That's the bottom line imho.

Thanks Padawan

Could you please keep us updated on Jarkko's progress. While I would love to see him over here, he seems to be a star in the making in Finland. Lets see how he does in the WC's.

Old
04-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Padawan
Former power tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Thanks Padawan

Could you please keep us updated on Jarkko's progress. While I would love to see him over here, he seems to be a star in the making in Finland. Lets see how he does in the WC's.
No problem. As you may already (or might not) know, I've been following his progress in the Finland board.

We will see how he does in the WC's... If he makes the team.

Old
04-17-2004, 10:13 AM
leafaholix*

I miss chatting about Immonen and Kondratiev on the Leafs board.

I miss them.

Old
04-17-2004, 11:24 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I miss chatting about Immonen and Kondratiev on the Leafs board.

I miss them.

....then become a Ranger fan ......

Old
04-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Padawan
Former power tripper

Team Finland for the World Championships was announced today and Immonen isn't part of the team. However, the Finns head coach Raimo Summanen said that Immonen, Kuhta (from HIFK) and Viuhkola (from Kärpät, the finnish champs this year) are part of considerations if players from the NHL can't join the team due injuries.

Old
04-20-2004, 04:34 PM
charliemurphy

Tough question to answer but...Is it true that Immonen can be a future 2nd line centerman?

Old
04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Padawan
Former power tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
Tough question to answer but...Is it true that Immonen can be a future 2nd line centerman?
If thing go well. If he won't have any major injuries and he continues to develop the pace he has then imo he can be 2nd line center.

Old
04-20-2004, 05:22 PM
xander

padawan, can you tell us what kind of player he is? I keep hearing that he's doing well, but i havn't heard if he's strictly a passer, or can he finnish too? could he play the wing or is he strictly a pivot?

Old
04-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Padawan
Former power tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
padawan, can you tell us what kind of player he is? I keep hearing that he's doing well, but i havn't heard if he's strictly a passer, or can he finnish too? could he play the wing or is he strictly a pivot?
He is two way center who has great ability to read the game. He can pass and he can score. He really can't play wing. He is purely center.

There is more on the Finland board but if you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:16 PM
xander

thanks padawan.

Old
04-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Kronblom

"In 2003, he tended Sweden's goal for three games at the 2003 World Championship in Finland." - NYR.com

Henrik was the backup goalie for 3 games in that tournament, but as it looks now he will probably be the starter for this years WC. He looked great tonight when he posted a shutout versus the russians (2-0) in the last game before the WC. His performance during the season has been fantastic both in national and international play, he cemented his spot as No1 between the swedish pipes today.

Henrik recently won the swedish version of the Vezina Trophy for this season.

http://www.old.swehockey.se/infoaf/V.../lundqvist.pdf

Old
04-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
"In 2003, he tended Sweden's goal for three games at the 2003 World Championship in Finland." - NYR.com

Henrik was the backup goalie for 3 games in that tournament, but as it looks now he will probably be the starter for this years WC. He looked great tonight when he posted a shutout versus the russians (2-0) in the last game before the WC. His performance during the season has been fantastic both in national and international play, he cemented his spot as No1 between the swedish pipes today.

Henrik recently won the swedish version of the Vezina Trophy for this season.

http://www.old.swehockey.se/infoaf/V.../lundqvist.pdf
The info is much appreciated.

I hope Sweden has a good team going into the WC's, it's gonna be a great experience for Henrik.

Old
04-21-2004, 06:00 PM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
what do you folks who have seen Henrik play think of his chances?

Is he expected to come over next season? I recall reading that he said he felt he could take the next step.

Would he likely go to the Pack?

Anyway I wish him the best with the international games. I like the sound of this guy, it's great to have another good goalie prospect out there!

Old
04-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Kronblom

Listening to him in interviews it seems that he is very keen on playing "overthere". He should move over, the time is right now and he has nothing more to learn here in Sweden. It´s time for the next step.

It would be stupid of him to stay in Sweden, but luckily he isn´t stupid.

Old
04-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Leffe

henriks agent is negotiating(sp?) with rangers right now. I heard a lundqvist interview today and he said he will come to rangers even if there is a lockout next season

Old
04-22-2004, 11:34 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
thanks for the info on Lundqvist

Old
04-22-2004, 11:45 AM
st_roland

Agh, i'm so glad I picked up Henrik in my keeper league. Some other smart GM got to Immonen before I could though.

Old
04-24-2004, 06:47 AM
Padawan
Former power tripper

I talked a while with Immonen on a JYP fan cruise and he told me that Rangers have contacted him few times but they have just asked how's life and such. He starts training with JYP next monday and as of now he wll be playing with JYP next season. He said that the NHL is still pretty far away for him. Between the lines, He would like to play with JYP next season.

I also got a picture taken with yours truly and Jarkko Immonen.

Closed Thread