HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erik Karlsson

Old
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
SENSfreak_03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Boyton on re-entry waivers, do you think Murray bites?

http://twitter.com/TSNBobmckenzie
not a chance. Karrlsson is out short term, if he was out long term (say the season), he'd probably make a run at someone, but still not boyton.

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
You can join me at the Fondue table.

That's where the serious hockey discussion takes place.

Like how eerily similar Karlsson looks to Leonardo di Caprio in certain pictures.

I'm just replying to let you know how amazing this is.

Instead of fondue, we need a Swedish meatball night at the rink sometime.

Turtle-necks, some pickled herring, a little schnapps, some pancakes with lingonberry sauce and perhaps some Julmust?

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Wham City

If they're saying he's out 2-3 weeks then it's only a type 1 shoulder seperation, which is essentially a shoulder sprain. In the grand scheme of things this is probably the best news we could have received.

I'd imagine Karlsson will be a week in a sling, and then two weeks of physio and strength training to follow, if they're being really careful they'll do 3 weeks.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
When you consider that Karlsson has been playing 18 minutes a night on average this year and how good he's been playing, losing him is not a good thing at all.
It'll be interesting to see how the team will do with Picard back in.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 04:32 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez View Post
If they're saying he's out 2-3 weeks then it's only a type 1 shoulder seperation, which is essentially a shoulder sprain.
Is it a given he suffered shoulder separation?

And, is it a given he is not going to undergo further examination, like MRI?

that would be reassuring, even if shoulder injuries suck anyway for hockey players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez View Post
imagine Karlsson will be a week in a sling, and then two weeks of physio and strength training to follow, if they're being really careful they'll do 3 weeks.
I hope they will make him swim quite a bit before coming back, there is nothing like swimming to recover from shoulder troubles.

helicecopter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Wham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
Is it a given he suffered shoulder separation?

And, is it a given he is not going to undergo further examination, like MRI?

that would be reassuring, even if shoulder injuries suck anyway for hockey players.

I hope they will make him swim quite a bit before coming back, there is nothing like swimming to recover from shoulder troubles.
There's no way of knowing for sure, all I can go on is the video of the play and the update yesterday morning.

From that information we do know it is a shoulder injury, which is consistent with the video, and that the timetable to return to the ice is 2-3 weeks. Furthermore Clouston commented after the game that he didn't feel it was a serious injury.

All of this is consistent with a grade 1 separation, any grade higher and you'd be looking at 4-6 weeks plus. Dislocation would require even more time if not surgery.

The doctors diagnosing this would probably be doing the bulk just from range of motion, swelling, and any pain, coupled with Erik's recollection of the hit, ie. direction, force, if he heard/felt a "pop". He would of most likely had an X-ray as well to confirm the grade of injury and to ensure there were no fractures.

Based on all of that I would guess it's a grade 1 seperation, but if anyone else has an alternate explanation they think is more likely let's hear it.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Common SENS

I think this injury will affect the senators maybe more than most might realize.

but i still think we'll beat toronto. although it will be interesting to see how their new acquisitions hold up against us.

Common SENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Wham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common SENS View Post
I think this injury will affect the senators maybe more than most might realize.

but i still think we'll beat toronto. although it will be interesting to see how their new acquisitions hold up against us.
Totally agree.

As far as I'm concerned Karlsson is our transition game right now. Should be an interesting game, hopefully someone else steps up.

Old
02-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Marty9

The worst part of E.K.'s injury - win streak or not, it has been a pleasure to watch him play these past dozen games!

Marty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
bdp

Quote:

Absolutely, look at the 3rd period vs Vancouver. He's the only d-man that can consistently move the puck out of the zone.

Prepare yourselves to see the 08-09 Sens tonight and the next few games. Special units will have to be good and Elliot will have to be solid if we want to win those games.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Freerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano View Post
Absolutely, look at the 3rd period vs Vancouver. He's the only d-man that can consistently move the puck out of the zone.

Prepare yourselves to see the 08-09 Sens tonight and the next few games. Special units will have to be good and Elliot will have to be solid if we want to win those games.
I agree he's sick, but the 08-09 Sens tonight? This board is hilarious!! If we lose we'll be firing Murray lol

Freerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
I've mentioned peoples likely underestimation of losing Karlsson right now for reasons mentioned already. While his production is up and the prospect of more production is obvious, the things hes doing off the statsheet are standing out, most notably transition and breakout, but among others.

To say prepare yourselves for the 08-09 Sens with the way things are going, is overboard to say the absolute least. We have players through out our lineup playing much better than they played last year and they've been doing it all season, not to mention the additions we've made who are playing like rightful NHLers. The emergence of Erik Karlsson is a difference maker, but hes far from the only difference maker contributing to our rebound this season.

That said, the games seriously arent as exciting to watch without him in the lineup..and their definitely was a difference in the Vancouer game without EK who was playing dynamite that game. Everyone noticed.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I've mentioned peoples likely underestimation of losing Karlsson right now for reasons mentioned already. While his production is up and the prospect of more production is obvious, the things hes doing off the statsheet are standing out, most notably transition and breakout, but among others.

To say prepare yourselves for the 08-09 Sens with the way things are going, is overboard to say the absolute least. We have players through out our lineup playing much better than they played last year and they've been doing it all season, not to mention the additions we've made who are playing like rightful NHLers. The emergence of Erik Karlsson is a difference maker, but hes far from the only difference maker contributing to our rebound this season.

That said, the games seriously arent as exciting to watch without him in the lineup..and their definitely was a difference in the Vancouer game without EK who was playing dynamite that game. Everyone noticed.
Only the Sith deal in absolute.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Only the Sith deal in absolute.
Your on to me.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Quote:
Oh, so Alfie's hurt?

Seriously though, you're overreacting. It's a bigger loss than most might think, but the team is not suddenly going to drop to the basement because we lost him. Give me a break.

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
bdp

Murray says he could be back within the week but they'll him rest through the Olympics. Should be ready to go first game back after the break.

Old
02-06-2010, 08:02 PM
TrueGrit

I miss you Erik, you're just what we need to get the boys goin.....(and what we need to get Picard out of the lineup)

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starnsy View Post
I miss you Erik, you're just what we need to get the boys goin.....(and what we need to get Picard out of the lineup)

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:24 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Way to use common sense man, true to your name

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:49 PM
bdp

So how did you guys like your first taste of the 08-09 Sens?

Old
02-06-2010, 10:50 PM
HSF

Quote:
So how did you guys like your first taste of the 08-09 Sens?
dont hurt yourself getting off the bandwagon

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:56 PM
bdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
dont hurt yourself getting off the bandwagon
I'll take that as a not a whole lot.

You could just see this one coming a mile away.

Old
02-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Manny*

Our defence was absolutely horrid tonight. I never thought a nineteen year-old defencemen could have such an impact on an NHL hockey team.

And yes, I'm drunk.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:59 PM
HSF

Quote:
I'll take that as a not a whole lot.

You could just see this one coming a mile away.
what happens if we win our next game?

will Karlsson become forgotten then?

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:08 PM
mizza318

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
what happens if we win our next game?

will Karlsson become forgotten then?
Man you are only kidding your self if you don't believe Karlsson skill set is integral to this teams success.

mizza318 is offline   Reply With Quote