HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Defensive defensemen needed

Old
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We have one in Hartford, Sauer, who really deserves to be given a legitimate NHL shot, but hasnt been given one yet because of the teams obsession with Heikkinen.
Yeah, getting 9 games and somehow not getting the 6th d-man spot over Gilroy despite the fact that he deserves it REALLY tells me this team has an obsession with the guy.

I admittedly haven't seen any Hartford games, but it seems as though Heikkenen is outperforming Sauer in Hartford AND is more NHL ready.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
It's a huge myth here that there are all these huge, defensively responsible, crease clearing NHL defensemen to be had out there. The big guys are usually too slow to be defensively responsible and the reverse of that means that the defensively responsible ones are smaller with some speed. I think it's just an emotional response by some people that are frustrated and want someone to go bash in some heads. That's not the answer for this team to start winning on a more consistent basis though.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote