HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal - what to do with him

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
  #51
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
No way is Prospal fetching a 1st.

When he was traded to Philly a few seasons ago, he had already scored 29 goals at the deadline, and the package for him was Picard and a conditional 2nd.

Prospal should get a 3rd for sure, possibly a 2nd due to his low cap hit.
You never know, it is, after all, a 2nd line player with a non-existent cap hit. A (contending) team could add him without shaking up their roster, and that's huge.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
  #52
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Prospal should be traded no doubt.

I hope Sather shops Joke and Rozi too.

Save Girardi for the offseason.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
  #53
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
You never know, it is, after all, a 2nd line player with a non-existent cap hit. A (contending) team could add him without shaking up their roster, and that's huge.
I don't know, I really doubt Prospal is worthy of a 1st rounder.

Some people thought Antropov would be traded for a 1st last year. He had 21 goals and 46 points at the deadline with a $2 million cap hit. He ended up being traded for a 2nd.

And I have a feeling that many GMs are aware of that Prospal's success has a lot to do with Gaborik, that will bring his value down a bit.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:16 PM
  #54
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
No way is Prospal fetching a 1st.

When he was traded to Philly a few seasons ago, he had already scored 29 goals at the deadline, and the package for him was Picard and a conditional 2nd.

Prospal should get a 3rd for sure, possibly a 2nd due to his low cap hit.
All about the cap hit. A team would not need to trade any roster space back with that salary. Pretty much any team could fit Prospal in, and he could fit perfectly playing with Crosby or Malkin.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:16 PM
  #55
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Yeah, future schmooture. Let's trade Dubinsky and some draft picks for Marleau right now. Gives us a better chance to win this year...who cares about next year anyway?
notice i said the talent will develop ******* and i never once mentioned trading anybody i was actually promoting anti-trading.

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
  #56
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
and i got free tix to the devils game and just got back and im sick to my stomach

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:42 PM
  #57
js10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
I do not understand you guys.. you have someone on the top line who mashes well with Gaborik. You will sell this one for someone else and try to draft who might work out. what is the point of that??

Prospal is leading this team. He should wear A , possibly C, and motivate and teach young guys around. You better s..t up about Prospal and try to trade someone who is not benefiting Rangers.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
  #58
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I don't know, I really doubt Prospal is worthy of a 1st rounder.

Some people thought Antropov would be traded for a 1st last year. He had 21 goals and 46 points at the deadline with a $2 million cap hit. He ended up being traded for a 2nd.

And I have a feeling that many GMs are aware of that Prospal's success has a lot to do with Gaborik, that will bring his value down a bit.
Yeah, but 2 million still makes an impact

prospal's at 1.15 million

Even a team pressed up against the cap can fit him in by dumping a 4th liner..

Honestly, I don't think we're selling.

Unless we lose all 4 of the next 4 games, "we're still in it"

And I'd be fine w/ trading prospal, we can always talk to him before the trade and see if he's ok w/ the whole thing and if he'll resign come july 1.

From prospal's standpoint: He might be OK with it for the fact that we're not getting a cup this year (and right now the odds of getting into the playoffs is < 50%). Why not play for another team for the rest of the season if by doing that you can come back to a team that's now better because of it?

Same reason if I were kovy, I wouldn't want to resign for a team that egregiously overpaid for me. It's great they love ya that much, but now the team sabotaged itself.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:52 PM
  #59
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
I do not understand you guys.. you have someone on the top line who mashes well with Gaborik. You will sell this one for someone else and try to draft who might work out. what is the point of that??

Prospal is leading this team. He should wear A , possibly C, and motivate and teach young guys around. You better s..t up about Prospal and try to trade someone who is not benefiting Rangers.
Let me put it out now, the Rangers have ZERO chance of doing any damage in the playoffs. You don't keep your old veterans who ares signed to one year contracts for a chance to watch this team play 4 more disheartening games on a bigger stage. Who cares if he meshes with Gaborik, Prospal was never in our future plans, and with a team this bad, that is all that matters. He was great here, but it would be incredibly stupid not to trade him at the deadline.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:58 PM
  #60
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Trade - Prospal
Trade - Jokinen
Trade - Rozsival
Shoot - Redden

Its really that simple

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:59 PM
  #61
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Prospal should be traded. He won't.

He also shouldn't be resigned for more than $2.5 million a season. He will be.

Fire Sather.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:17 PM
  #62
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Prospal should be traded. He won't.

He also shouldn't be resigned for more than $2.5 million a season. He will be.

Fire Sather.
This man is very wise, listen to him.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:52 PM
  #63
Xpaco08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
If im Sather im on the phone with Lombardi in regards to Prospal. From everything I have read and heard Ray Whitney, who the kings have made an offer for requested a 2-3 year extension to waive his no trade. Many feel that he is waiting for the Penguins to get involved. I would love to get atleast our third and a decent prospect from LA (im not saying Simmonds, Moeller, Teubert, Hickey Etc.) Add some more possible pieces for the future. If Vinny has enjoyed his time so much in New York July is only a few short months away.


Last edited by Xpaco08: 02-05-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Corrections
Xpaco08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:10 AM
  #64
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,668
vCash: 500
If Sather isn't completely stupid he will deal Prospal. The guy has been almost a point per game this season and like others mentioned is making pennies, but unfortunately we only have him this year. He is a solid playmaker, better than I imagined. That said, no matter how well he's playing now, I can't see him being in the Rangers long-term plans. We hit the jackpot with him, now it's time to reap whatever benefits there will be from trading him. It sounds callous, but it's absolutely the right thing to do. I guarantee some team out there will give up a 2nd round pick for him if he keeps playing like he has

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:14 AM
  #65
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
If Sather isn't completely stupid he will deal Prospal. The guy has been almost a point per game this season and like others mentioned is making pennies, but unfortunately we only have him this year. He is a solid playmaker, better than I imagined. That said, no matter how well he's playing now, I can't see him being in the Rangers long-term plans. We hit the jackpot with him, now it's time to reap whatever benefits there will be from trading him. It sounds callous, but it's absolutely the right thing to do. I guarantee some team out there will give up a 2nd round pick for him if he keeps playing like he has
Agreed. Plus if history is any indicator, he's due for a terrible season next year.

But Sather won't sell at the deadline. No way Dolan give him the green light to trade away Prospal or Jokinen. Dolan wants the late season ticket sales and concessions, and a chance at 2 home playoff games.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
  #66
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Agreed. Plus if history is any indicator, he's due for a terrible season next year.

But Sather won't sell at the deadline. No way Dolan give him the green light to trade away Prospal or Jokinen. Dolan wants the late season ticket sales and concessions, and a chance at 2 home playoff games.
Does Sather really have to ask Dolan about such matters? That's pretty ridiculous

But then again, Sather doesn't need Dolan to make dumb decisions. He's equally adept at that when it comes to certain things

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:19 AM
  #67
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Does Sather really have to ask Dolan about such matters? That's pretty ridiculous

But then again, Sather doesn't need Dolan to make dumb decisions. He's equally adept at that when it comes to certain things
Honestly, I think so. Dolan is a business man. He's here to maximize profits. Any decision that Sather makes that significantly affects revenue probably goes through him.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:08 AM
  #68
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpaco08 View Post
If im Sather im on the phone with Lombardi in regards to Prospal. From everything I have read and heard Ray Whitney, who the kings have made an offer for requested a 2-3 year extension to waive his no trade. Many feel that he is waiting for the Penguins to get involved. I would love to get at least our third and a decent prospect from LA (im not saying Simmonds, Moeller, Teubert, Hickey Etc.) Add some more possible pieces for the future. If Vinny has enjoyed his time so much in New York July is only a few short months away.
Nope, I want 2nd rounders. If the Rangers end up top 5, which is very possible, that means their 2nd round pick could be the equivalent of a low 1st round. I'd love to have the ammo to move up late in the 1st round. If Sather could move both Prospal and Girardi for 2nd round picks, I'd be very happy, both on the traade deadline. and on draft day.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:31 AM
  #69
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,945
vCash: 500
Agree with most people. Prospal has had a pretty good year but he need to go. This team is going nowhere. Try to move Rozsival and try to move Girardi if you can get a good price. Redden is all but untradeable. Someone is always looking for vet d-men at the deadline. Might as well repackage Jokinen too.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.