HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

DarrenDreger Interest picking up in Ponikarovsky

Old
02-05-2010, 09:44 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

vCash: 500
If more than one team is willing to offer a 2nd rounder, it'll probably be a 2nd + whichever prospect is less crappy.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Kingsfan1

Alec Martinez
2nd rounder

or

Ted Purcell
2nd rounder

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:01 PM
InShannyWeTrust
Bring on the trades!

At this point I will trade him for a six round pick here's Poni game in a nut shell.

1- He's going to stubble around the ice for 10 minutes looking like a dope

2- Afer awhile someone will yell at his stupid *** to get infront of the net and he will either miss an open net or just make it, then everyone starts talking about how great he is

3- At the most important point of the game he will trip someone because he's to lazy to move his feet and he will look at the ref like "WHAT ME???"

4- (This is the best part) After serving the penalty (in which the leafs were scored on because their pk is aweful) Poni will go to the bench and throw a hissy fit like a 5 year old girl and take another penalty (At which point the leafs will lose the game on another pp goal)

BURKE GET RID OF THIS CLOWN!!!!!

InShannyWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennForCaptain View Post
At this point I will trade him for a six round pick here's Poni game in a nut shell.

2- Afer awhile someone will yell at his stupid *** to get infront of the net and he will either miss an open net or just make it, then everyone starts talking about how great he is

3- At the most important point of the game he will trip someone because he's to lazy to move his feet and he will look at the ref like "WHAT ME???"

4- (This is the best part) After serving the penalty (in which the leafs were scored on because their pk is aweful) Poni will go to the bench and throw a hissy fit like a 5 year old girl and take another penalty (At which point the leafs will lose the game on another pp goal)

Why settle for 6 when you can get a 2?

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:

Which Ponikarovsky are you talking about? I think most of us here are talking about the Leafs highest scoring forward (goals and points); the one who also leads the team in blocked shots for forwards, +/-, and hits.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 10:58 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
1--Soon to be a UFA

2--Recent trades have proven that some people over value players here

3-- He has cracked 60pts once in his career

4--NO playoff games in 5 years and unless you are 30 to 40 goal man or a grinder--for a rentel player--that is what team will be looking for

Didn't Antropov fetch us a 2nd?

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Cheli

Quote:
1--Soon to be a UFA

2--Recent trades have proven that some people over value players here

3-- He has cracked 60pts once in his career

4--NO playoff games in 5 years and unless you are 30 to 40 goal man or a grinder--for a rentel player--that is what team will be looking for
Dominic Moore has a career high of 45 points (41 when traded and first time breaking 20 points), 4 playoff games, and was an upcoming UFA.

Just sayin'.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Peter Griffin

Steve Bernier for Alexei Ponikarovsky.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
InShannyWeTrust
Bring on the trades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Which Ponikarovsky are you talking about? I think most of us here are talking about the Leafs highest scoring forward (goals and points); the one who also leads the team in blocked shots for forwards, +/-, and hits.
He has also taken the most minor penalties on the team with 21, its also not hard to blook a shot when you 6'4 and stand infront of your own goalie because you have no defensive ablity, he also leads the team in missed shots with 66 and third on the team in giveaways. Yes he is clearly the best of the worst, you are right. Give your head a shake.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Steve Bernier for Alexei Ponikarovsky.
I like this deal for the leafs. Bernier has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer IMO. Getting him for Pony would be a good deal for us.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
I like this deal for the leafs. Bernier has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer IMO. Getting him for Pony would be a good deal for us.
And whats Poni's potential right now?

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:10 PM
mapes

Quote:
He has also taken the most minor penalties on the team with 21, its also not hard to blook a shot when you 6'4 and stand infront of your own goalie because you have no defensive ablity, he also leads the team in missed shots with 66 and third on the team in giveaways. Yes he is clearly the best of the worst, you are right. Give your head a shake.
You just seem to hate on Poni. If Moore can fetch a 2nd, Poni definitely can.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
And whats Poni's potential right now?
A UFA that is unlikely to be re-signed?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
smitty10

Quote:

Yes lets trade Poni for a 6th round pick! Sorry, but are you stupid? Have you only watched one Leaf game in the last 10 or so years? Thank god you aren't GM of a team, you clearly do not know how to evaluate talent. He is a big, solid 2-way player who is good for 50-60 points a year and around 25 goals. He plays solid defensively, forechecks hard, and plays hard for 20+ minutes per game. This guy is one of the best players we have and he enjoys playing in Toronto. If anything we should re-sign him. I just can't get over what you wrote, it is retarted.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:20 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I say Boston or Washington will pick him up. It's sick to imagine the caps picking up another forward... but it can happen. Making an already sick top-6 all the more sicker.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
InShannyWeTrust
Bring on the trades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Sorry, but are you stupid? Have you only watched one Leaf game in the last 10 or so years? Thank god you aren't GM of a team, you clearly do not know how to evaluate talent. He is a big, solid 2-way player who is good for 50-60 points a year and around 25 goals. He plays solid defensively, forechecks hard, and plays hard for 20+ minutes per game. This guy is one of the best players we have and he enjoys playing in Toronto. If anything we should re-sign him. I just can't get over what you wrote, it is retarted.
Where have you been this year? Also how many game have you watched because I've watched 90% of them and in every game he takes a horrible penalty. Most of which come in the third period. I've also seen poni miss countless open nets one of which he missed by about 4 feet. Plus he shows no heart or determination for the puck. Yes he's the guy we must keep to get to the cup. Plus do your research you moron he has had an average of 40 points before he became our first line winger, also he has never hit 25 goals, and a staggering 4 points in the playoffs. YOU ARE A WINNER

Old
02-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Where have you been this year? Also how many game have you watched because I've watched 90% of them and in every game he takes a horrible penalty. Most of which come in the third period. I've also seen poni miss countless open nets one of which he missed by about 4 feet. Plus he shows no heart or determination for the puck. Yes he's the guy we must keep to get to the cup. Plus do your research you moron he has had an average of 40 points before he became our first line winger, and a staggering 4 points in the playoffs. YOU ARE A WINNER
What the hell is the playoffs?

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:23 PM
smitty10

Quote:
This post just shows your ignorance. Making excuses as to why he is leading our team in some categories. You should give your head a shake, man! He is good defensively, he is big, he blocks shots, he scores goals, he gets points! What part of that do you not understand? How is he not a good player? Of course he will have more giveaways than other guys, he plays over 20 minutes a night. And he may have 66 missed shots, but at least he shoots the puck. He has 19 goals this year and 40 points. What more could you ask??? Seriously

Old
02-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!TML97!! View Post
What the hell is the playoffs?
Playoffs start after the regular season ends. In other words, after the Leafs season ends, better teams have a playoff.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:27 PM
InShannyWeTrust
Bring on the trades!

Quote:
This post just shows your ignorance. Making excuses as to why he is leading our team in some categories. You should give your head a shake, man! He is good defensively, he is big, he blocks shots, he scores goals, he gets points! What part of that do you not understand? How is he not a good player? Of course he will have more giveaways than other guys, he plays over 20 minutes a night. And he may have 66 missed shots, but at least he shoots the puck. He has 19 goals this year and 40 points. What more could you ask??? Seriously
Riddle me this, does he score 60 points when he gets traded to the pens and he's on the third line (where he's supposed to be) I dont think so and if you do I suggest booking a cat-scan for that already small brain of yours

Old
02-05-2010, 11:27 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Where have you been this year? Also how many game have you watched because I've watched 90% of them and in every game he takes a horrible penalty. Most of which come in the third period. I've also seen poni miss countless open nets one of which he missed by about 4 feet. Plus he shows no heart or determination for the puck. Yes he's the guy we must keep to get to the cup. Plus do your research you moron he has had an average of 40 points before he became our first line winger, also he has never hit 25 goals, and a staggering 4 points in the playoffs. YOU ARE A WINNER
I've watched every game this year and I have no idea what you are talking about. He has taken 21 minor penalties, which is definately not one every game so there is one against you. Also we haven't been to the playoffs since before the lockout so that stat is again flawed. And really? Name calling? Grow up, you sound like a 16 year old kid who knows nothing about hockey.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:29 PM
InShannyWeTrust
Bring on the trades!

Quote:
I've watched every game this year and I have no idea what you are talking about. He has taken 21 minor penalties, which is definately not one every game so there is one against you. Also we haven't been to the playoffs since before the lockout so that stat is again flawed. And really? Name calling? Grow up, you sound like a 16 year old kid who knows nothing about hockey.
you sound like a 60 year old man who lives at home with his mom

Old
02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
smitty10

Quote:
And that proves how immature you really are. GROW UP.

Old
02-05-2010, 11:32 PM
grabo84

Quote:
You sound like a 12 year old kid who just had his Xbox taken away.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 11:35 PM
grabo84

Quote:
last dregar said for antropov a first and prospect
I don't think this ever happened. Go ahead and prove me wrong though.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote