HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to do with Ribs????

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
  #1
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
What to do with Ribs????

I realize he is young and that its his first playoffs, but where is the effort he had going in the early part of the Bruins series. He was playing fiesty then, throwing hits, skating constanly, making good passes, playing well defensively, etc. However all that changed after that home win against the Bruins, and has obviuosly continued tonight.

Ribs has too do a lot of things better......

1. Stop doodeling with the puck.
2. Stop playing around with the puck in our zone and keep things simple there.
3. make simple passes instead of trying to make that pretty play all the time
4. Stop sweeping the puck back every time he is on a one on one play and just shoot the puck as hard as possible.
5. Bring back that fiesty attitude

Overall Ribs is getting back to his fancy smansy play we seen early in the season before he was benched. Im glad CK benched him near the end of this game tonight, he deserved it. Lets hope CJ has sent a message and Ribs comes back twice as hard next game with an all around better effort.

The Key for Ribs: KEEP THINGS SIMPLE. Kinda like Ryder has. If Ribs gets it going, so too will Ryder on the score sheet. As for Dagenais, he needs to go. Put Perreault on the wing, he was pretty good tonight.

Go HABS Go

Habs in 6, i still believe!


Last edited by Mooch: 04-23-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:06 PM
  #2
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
I hope he will catch Julien's message but damn, why Dagenais don't stayed on the bench too

Cariboux is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:07 PM
  #3
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
All agree with you, Ribs did nothing in round 1 except on game 4. Ribs needs a kick in the @ss, needs to be hurt in his pride (fierté in french). He have to prove he can do something because the Tampa Bay Team is not Boston team, Tampa are fast, very fast, Boston was slow, very slow. Koivu's line alone can't win. The second line have to show-up. Ribs, Ryder and Dagenais (or whoever takes his spot).

Ribs have more character than that. Expect him to step-up sometime in this round.

... Not too late I hope.

HABitude is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:17 PM
  #4
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
All agree with you, Ribs did nothing in round 1 except on game 4. Ribs needs a kick in the @ss, needs to be hurt in his pride (fierté in french). He have to prove he can do something because the Tampa Bay Team is not Boston team, Tampa are fast, very fast, Boston was slow, very slow. Koivu's line alone can't win. The second line have to show-up. Ribs, Ryder and Dagenais (or whoever takes his spot).

Ribs have more character than that. Expect him to step-up sometime in this round.

... Not too late I hope.
the dive propably didnt go over too well with gainey. if hes traded, it wont bother me. why dagenais has to play is beyond me. ribiero must plead with julien. has dagenais played more than 5 minutes in any game in the playoffs?

Raider917 is online now  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:20 PM
  #5
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
the dive propably didnt go over too well with gainey. if hes traded, it wont bother me. why dagenais has to play is beyond me. ribiero must plead with julien. has dagenais played more than 5 minutes in any game in the playoffs?
Hey come on Raider, Ribs is young, it would be crazy too trade him away after his first successful season unless you could get a really good young and big player in return, which you wont imo. Ribs will be back, but he has to learn to keep things simple and give more consistent efforts. As for the dive, was it??? Still very debatable, and certainly not concluded yet and never will be.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:25 PM
  #6
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey come on Raider, Ribs is young, it would be crazy too trade him away after his first successful season unless you could get a really good young and big player in return, which you wont imo. Ribs will be back, but he has to learn to keep things simple and give more consistent efforts. As for the dive, was it??? Still very debatable, and certainly not concluded yet and never will be.
look at him laughing afterwards. even if it wasnt a dive, he shouldve went directly into the locker after a hit that did that much damage. after the fight with koivu, i thought he would learn a little but hasnt. if he gets traded for a bigger but less proven player, i wouldnt mind.

Raider917 is online now  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:28 PM
  #7
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
look at him laughing afterwards. even if it wasnt a dive, he shouldve went directly into the locker after a hit that did that much damage. after the fight with koivu, i thought he would learn a little but hasnt. if he gets traded for a bigger but less proven player, i wouldnt mind.
I really dont wana get into the whole Ribs "dive" issue.

Last time it did no solid conclusion was made. So why bother.

Lets save our breath for the next game to cheer on our habs!!!!!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:32 PM
  #8
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,566
vCash: 1012
It's true that Ribeiro played poorly tonight, but versus Boston he was good. He created a lot of chances and Ryder couldn't finish.

Tonight, he played really bad and showed no heart. But I think that his confidence is shaken. He was not able to get point in the first round and that destroyed his confidence. Ryder plays with no confidence either and Dagenais simply sucks. PLEASE throw that piece of garbage away. He is soft, stupid, talentless and HEARTLESS.

And PLEASE, can somebody told Souray that the playoffs are actually started and that he is NO offensive star. In that 2 on 1 with Zednik he should have pass the puck...

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:33 PM
  #9
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I really dont wana get into the whole Ribs "dive" issue.

Last time it did no solid conclusion was made. So why bother.

Lets save our breath for the next game to cheer on our habs!!!!!
losing tonight isnt the end of the world anyway. julien will have to changes things a little but winning 1 game in TB is all i expect. if this is as loud as it gets in TB, then when they play in montreal, the advantage should be pretty big.

Raider917 is online now  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:35 PM
  #10
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Impale him. That's what we have to do. Definitly.

Histrion is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:37 PM
  #11
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
It's true that Ribeiro played poorly tonight, but versus Boston he was good. He created a lot of chances and Ryder couldn't finish.

Tonight, he played really bad and showed no heart. But I think that his confidence is shaken. He was not able to get point in the first round and that destroyed his confidence. Ryder plays with no confidence either and Dagenais simply sucks. PLEASE throw that piece of garbage away. He is soft, stupid, talentless and HEARTLESS.

And PLEASE, can somebody told Souray that the playoffs are actually started and that he is NO offensive star. In that 2 on 1 with Zednik he should have pass the puck...
Even against Boston, he wasent great all series long. He was excellent in game 3, after that he was mediocre imo. I dont think its confidence either. Like i said after game 3 he was so so. After that two goal game he should have gained a ton of confidence, and im sure he did. I just dont think he is playing the way CJ wants him too. Ribs is way too fancy still for my liking and im sure for cj's as well.

As for Souray, with the shot he has, i would expect him too shoot. During the season he often scored on the two on ones when shooting. Maybe thats just me though!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:40 PM
  #12
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Impale him. That's what we have to do. Definitly.
I like that idea, but do we have a good doctor who can fix a wound in a day or two max????


Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:41 PM
  #13
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,566
vCash: 1012
Well, in games 5-6 he managed a lot of chances, he wasn't that good, but he was obviously doing his job. It's sure that he isn't great in the playoffs, but damn, it is his first playoffs appereance in the NHL. Let's give the kid a freakin' chance. At least, he is trying and it's not with a pylon like Dagenais as a winger that him and Ryder will produce! We need Perreault to take Dagenais' place and to play like he did in game #5.

But like I said before, it maybe to blame Ribeiro for his poor play tonight but let's not forget how BADLY Brisebois, Dagenais and Souray played...

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:45 PM
  #14
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Well, in games 5-6 he managed a lot of chances, he wasn't that good, but he was obviously doing his job. It's sure that he isn't great in the playoffs, but damn, it is his first playoffs appereance in the NHL. Let's give the kid a freakin' chance. At least, he is trying and it's not with a pylon like Dagenais as a winger that him and Ryder will produce! We need Perreault to take Dagenais' place and to play like he did in game #5.

But like I said before, it maybe to blame Ribeiro for his poor play tonight but let's not forget how BADLY Brisebois, Dagenais and Souray played...
I realize its his first playoffs, and understand that. But when i see the Ryder always husteling, and Ribs sometimes, i get a bit annoyed with him. Also his fancyness can become quite annoying as well.

As for tonigh, no, im not blaming just Ribs. The whole team, except Theo was terrible tonight. My Ribs assesment is based on the whole playoffs so far.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:46 PM
  #15
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I like that idea, but do we have a good doctor who can fix a wound in a day or two max????

No. We don't have to do that. The Sacred Pretzle will get the job done. And if it doesn't, well, too bad.

Histrion is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:47 PM
  #16
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
No. We don't have to do that. The Sacred Pretzle will get the job done. And if it doesn't, well, too bad.
Oh yes, the pretzle. What was i thinking........

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:48 PM
  #17
Histrion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Oh yes, the pretzle. What was i thinking........
Ye of little faith...



Histrion is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:49 PM
  #18
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
Well, in games 5-6 he managed a lot of chances, he wasn't that good, but he was obviously doing his job. It's sure that he isn't great in the playoffs, but damn, it is his first playoffs appereance in the NHL. Let's give the kid a freakin' chance. At least, he is trying and it's not with a pylon like Dagenais as a winger that him and Ryder will produce! We need Perreault to take Dagenais' place and to play like he did in game #5.

But like I said before, it maybe to blame Ribeiro for his poor play tonight but let's not forget how BADLY Brisebois, Dagenais and Souray played...
You're right, he was quite good in game 5-6. I'm still expecting a bit more from him, more consistency. Koivu is showing up every night, not Ribeiro. And true dagenais is hurting this line. Put Perreault instead, I know lot of people here hate him but he was solid in the first round, having a first star in game 6. Perreault can relaunch the second line.

HABitude is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 09:50 PM
  #19
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome`
Ye of little faith...


Ye,

NE

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 10:17 PM
  #20
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
You're right, he was quite good in game 5-6. I'm still expecting a bit more from him, more consistency. Koivu is showing up every night, not Ribeiro. And true dagenais is hurting this line. Put Perreault instead, I know lot of people here hate him but he was solid in the first round, having a first star in game 6. Perreault can relaunch the second line.

That could be part of the problem. I hate to bring this up but I think even he has realized that he is not as good as Koivu. After a season of smoke being blown up his butt, the league wide the praise is going to Saku and all the scorn and ridicule (for the "dive") is coming Ribs way. That's a lot to put on a young guy's plate.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 10:27 PM
  #21
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 500
People wondered why some were hesistant about Ribeiro, well they are getting their answer in this years playoffs. Ribeiro is young and inexperienced, but how much he is being dominated is a concern.

Ryder is same age, with even less pro experience, but has shown more despite lack of production. Ribeiro is simply being outmuscled, outworked, and frankly outclassed.

BUT, for the life of me, I can't believe Dagenais is still playing. If Ward returns, Dagenais better be the first in the press box. Ribeiro is struggling, so why continually play him with someone who is probably playing the worst on the team?

Note - this is just based on his playoffs, hopefully he will learn and improve with age. Just a present day concern.

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
04-24-2004, 12:38 AM
  #22
BBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: new carlisle
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Ribs asn't played that bad is missing a good winger and if you gave
back Bulis to Koivu do you think he have that munch point?
Not saying that Koivu is not playing good is playing great
but whitout Kovy its not the same line.
And Rider is not putting the puck in Rib did make good pass to him
but he didn't bury any of those chance in the briuns serie.

And there linemate is like pulling dead wheight so if you stop Ribs
Ryder wont produce if you stop Ryder Ribs wont produce
so that line you stop one player and its finish.
On the Koivu line you stop him Kovy and Zed will burn you.

Look at 700lbs line thorton not playing good the other not producing.
Ribs did get 2 goal if Ryder buryed 2goal like he should of he and lots of chance
like 30 shot in that serie Ribs would have 2g and 2a 4points not bad for
2/3 of a line until we have a good player to play whit them it wont be easy
for them.

BBR is offline  
Old
04-24-2004, 01:14 AM
  #23
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Ribeiro has been terrible in every game except game #4. In games 5,6 and 7 against Boston he was constantly hemmed into the defensive zone and that trend continued tonight. I don't like to make a habit of critisizing Julien's decisions but I am becoming more and more agitated with his reluctance to sit Dagenais. The second line is brutally slow as Ribeiro and Dagenais made the Bruins look fast and it would be generous to describe Ryder's speed as average.

Julien needs to add some speed to the 2nd line and there are a plethera of different options available to him. Personally, I would like to see Ryder and Zednik switch places as Zednik is a better skater than Ryder and might be able to create a little more space for Ribeiro than Ryder can. Ryder would benefit from the extra space he would receive as a result of playing with Koivu and Kovalev and IMO is more likely to bury his chances than Zednik is, as Zednik has a bad habit of peppering the opposing goaltender's stomach with vulcanized rubber. Along with the Ryder/Zednik swap I think Perreault should take Dagenais' spot with Dagenais going to the press box and Dackell coming in to play on the 4th line with Sundstrom and Juneau.

These changes may or may not help with Ribeiro's offensive production but I think that they would result in a line that is a little better equipped to deal with the Lightning's speed.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
04-24-2004, 01:23 AM
  #24
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
Ribs asn't played that bad is missing a good winger and if you gave
back Bulis to Koivu do you think he have that munch point?
Not saying that Koivu is not playing good is playing great
but whitout Kovy its not the same line.
And Rider is not putting the puck in Rib did make good pass to him
but he didn't bury any of those chance in the briuns serie.

And there linemate is like pulling dead wheight so if you stop Ribs
Ryder wont produce if you stop Ryder Ribs wont produce
so that line you stop one player and its finish.
On the Koivu line you stop him Kovy and Zed will burn you.

Look at 700lbs line thorton not playing good the other not producing.
Ribs did get 2 goal if Ryder buryed 2goal like he should of he and lots of chance
like 30 shot in that serie Ribs would have 2g and 2a 4points not bad for
2/3 of a line until we have a good player to play whit them it wont be easy
for them.
Ribeiro was not lucky with Ryder. Ryder had many chances but the puck just didn't went into the net. You're right: if Ryder would have put some goals we would say the Ribs line have been producing. The first line was truly the most experimented and the fastest. Koivu was not alone.

Each round is a new beginning, we're expecting something from Ribs and Ryder in the games to come.

HABitude is offline  
Old
04-24-2004, 01:33 AM
  #25
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
first of all Ribs shouldnt be the only one to pay for tonight. I tought it was an easy escape by CJ. That line needs a new linemate cuz im tired of seing Dagenais not doing anything and being there just because of his "shot" that we havent seen yet. To win this series we'll need speed and creativity and that is where Ribeiro and a speedier linemate will be helpful. All of their goals were results of turnorvers that we could have avoided easily. Maybe Dackell should play next game cuz we need more guys who can skate awaiting for Ward's comeback.

jcpenny is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.