Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2010, 03:08 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Your resiliency is weak, my friend. If you stop following the Thrashers, that is your choice. You decided it. It happened. That's what it is.

Me? I'll never stop following the NHL. I'll never stop following the Thrashers. I watched some very dismal Red Wings games in the 80s. I'm still a Red Wings fan. I was born a Red Wings fan. Their "playoff bubble" status this year isn't changing that. If they completely tank for the next ten years? Red Wings for life.

I've watched some downright pitiful Thrashers games in the past decade, too. I abhor the management, and downright hate the ownership for what they've done to this team over the years. However, I love the Thrashers as a team. I might think White would be a better waterboy than a center, but that's not going to change how I feel about the team.

Stop following the Thrashers? You do so, and it's your choice. No one made you choose to stop. The decisions the idiots upstairs make have no bearing on how I feel about the team, the brand, and the NHL in Atlanta.

It shouldn't change how anyone feels about the team.

Let's go Thrashers!
jeepers Beav! Me and Wally feel so much better now!

sometimes these threads are for nothing but rants.

Have a good day!

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 02-06-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
jeepers Beav! Me and Wally feel so much better now!
I am unamused, Mr. Wet Blanket.

Old
02-06-2010, 03:13 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I am unamused, Mr. Wet Blanket.
Glad to oblige. Luckily, I saw that the game was pushed back 30 mins. or we would have already been out the door and would have missed this momentous opportunity to share!

PS...nice shots of Oduya and Bergfors on the front of Atlantathrashers.com. They look so happy to be here! Couldn't the webmaster have at least used pictures of one of them wincing or drinking some water? Those pictures are both so depressing. Way to go marketing dept!

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 02-06-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old
02-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Taxman

Hmmm..interesting idea. I am pretty sure that if Kovalchuk is still a free agent come July that we will be giving him an offer. Question is, what teams have the money to outbid us? And will Kovalchuk still feel some loyalty to us?

It would be AMAZING if we end up with Kovalchuk next year after all is said and done. Absolutely amazing.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Whaddagoal

If the Thrashers can squeak into the playoffs this year without Kovy down the stretch and actually win some games and a series... I think it could give Kovalchuk a change of heart. I'm sure there is that loyalty/nostalgia there given the history..... that just doesn't go away that easily.

A year older Bogosian, Little, and Enstrom, and hopefully a resigned Kubina............ Oduya and Kulda? Antropov will still be here, and maybe Afinogenov........

Oh well, a pipe dream it may be, but hey, why not.....

____

THe only thing is, be worried about Lou Lams, he is very loyal to players who play hard, work hard, and succeed in NJ regardless of their talent level. Look at Sergei Brylin of past, Pandolfo, Madden, Elias....bringing back Mogilny, Holik, Rolston, Malakhov (coaches Lemaire, Robinson) at various stages in the last decade, 15 years. If you bring Lou and his team success, you will be highly respected and rewarded for your efforts. Depending on how this post-season goes, I'm sure he can find a way to pony up a competative offer that Kovy would be looking for.

Last edited by Whaddagoal: 02-07-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old
02-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

i think its time we move on from Kovy. we can be better without him

Old
02-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Whaddagoal

I refuse! (Give a man some time to get through the trauma of this trade )

Old
02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque-trick View Post
The ownership is the core evil, any GM would be hamstrung by these morons. Not to say there aren't more qualified people out there, I just don't think they would have been able to make any substantive difference.
QFT. DW has done a pretty good job over the last 2 or 3 years after being crippled by ownership issues.

And for everyone complaining about JA being an "AHL coach", just remember that nobody was born an NHL coach. Bruce Boudreau was an AHL coach just a couple of years ago and he seems to be doing ok. I suppose that Terry Crisp or Terry Murray could be recycled again. Pfft!

Old
02-07-2010, 08:13 AM
HellOnIce

No offense guys but there is no way Kovy goes back. He's in the real NHL now, no offense, but DW has operated terribly, the ownership is wobbily, and they've showed no consistent signs of winning in 10 years. Why go back to that? He's in NJ, thick of the conference elite, big Russian community around, and is more visible up here.

Old
02-07-2010, 08:20 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

The Devils track record when it comes to re-signing their own UFAs is spotty at best, I do think it is a great fit for Ilya....but the last time Grossman had this much leverage he ended up putting Khabibulin in Phoenix.

Old
02-07-2010, 08:36 AM
HellOnIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
The Devils track record when it comes to re-signing their own UFAs is spotty at best, I do think it is a great fit for Ilya....but the last time Grossman had this much leverage he ended up putting Khabibulin in Phoenix.
Really?

They seem to have signed Brodeur, Elias, White, Oduya (but traded), Langenbrunner all as UFAs in the last several years. The Devils sign the UFAs they want to keep, most of the time...They've let guys go they don't want without making an offer (Madden, Gomez, Rafalski, etc). The only significant player to leave while the Devils made an offer was Niedermayer - and Scotty was offered the biggest contract by NJ. He just wanted to go play with his brother.

Old
02-07-2010, 09:07 AM
The Fat Kid
1999-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Yeah that's going to happen. I swear I heard about it on the news. Waddell is also going to acquire Luongo, Stamkos, Matt Duchene, Kopitar, Dan Boyle, Doughty, Brandon Yip and More. Leading the Thrashers to 7 Straight Cup victories. Yip gets 6 Conn Smythes. Also in 2017 the Coyotes finally move to Canada. So Canadians have nothing to talk about ever again. Also Oilers, Habs move to Orlando and Oklahoma City. Don't blame me I don't make the rules God does.
nice

Also... Does Kovy think he's worth 11 million a season to the NHL or just to the Thrashers.

Old
02-07-2010, 09:51 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellOnIce View Post
No offense guys but there is no way Kovy goes back. He's in the real NHL now, no offense, but DW has operated terribly, the ownership is wobbily, and they've showed no consistent signs of winning in 10 years. Why go back to that? He's in NJ, thick of the conference elite, big Russian community around, and is more visible up here.
No offense, but we were just fine without this addition. No offense, but we play real NHL hockey down here in the southeast as well. No offense, but when people add no offense to a statement, it tends to make it offensive.

That being said, Kovy's not coming back. Let's do this without him. Thanks for the memories, Kovy, but it looks like moving on is best for all parties.

Old
02-07-2010, 10:26 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Really?

They seem to have signed Brodeur, Elias, White, Oduya (but traded), Langenbrunner all as UFAs in the last several years. The Devils sign the UFAs they want to keep, most of the time...They've let guys go they don't want without making an offer (Madden, Gomez, Rafalski, etc). The only significant player to leave while the Devils made an offer was Niedermayer - and Scotty was offered the biggest contract by NJ. He just wanted to go play with his brother.
Other than all the players that did not sign with them, they have a pretty good track record.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Aaronxxx

Quote:
no offense, but kovy doesn't like being the center of attention. he's going to constantly be examined under a magnifying glass in jersey. he doesn't like not being able to leave his house without being swarmed and recognized. no offense but it doesn't really seem like you know much about kovy's off-ice persona.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:20 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
no offense, but kovy doesn't like being the center of attention. he's going to constantly be examined under a magnifying glass in jersey. he doesn't like not being able to leave his house without being swarmed and recognized. no offense but it doesn't really seem like you know much about kovy's off-ice persona.
Actually NJ is a good fit for Ilya when it comes to low pressure media and a low pressure fanbase.

Old
02-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Aaronxxx

i thought jersey had a huge media market. they practically play in new york and most of the players live in new york too, don't they?

Old
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Ashe

[IMG][/IMG]

Old
02-07-2010, 09:42 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
i thought jersey had a huge media market. they practically play in new york and most of the players live in new york too, don't they?

I'm not aware of any Devils that live in New York. Most of them live in the suburbs 10-15 miles west of the arena. Even Brodeur has commented he can go to the mall or restaurants etc.. and not be bothered.

Old
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I'm not aware of any Devils that live in New York. Most of them live in the suburbs 10-15 miles west of the arena. Even Brodeur has commented he can go to the mall or restaurants etc.. and not be bothered.
Yeah, but not if he's wearing his mask

Old
02-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Lux Aurumque*

As I've seen others point out on the main forum, Kovalchuk is going to be as happy under Lemaire's system as Gaborik was. There is absolutely no chance of him staying in New Jersey. With that said, we don't need him in Atlanta either. We can now build a competitive team, re-sign Enstrom at the end of next year, and keep guys like Kane, Pavelec, Bogosian and Little long-term once their entry level contracts expire.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I hope there is no conspiracy i do not want Kovalchuk back here. We have something good going right now with Enstrom, Bogo, Bergie, Little, and Kane. And with our future players. The only way i accept him back is if he takes 8.5 mil per.

Old
02-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Toque-trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
I hope there is no conspiracy i do not want Kovalchuk back here. We have something good going right now with Enstrom, Bogo, Bergie, Little, and Kane. And with our future players. The only way i accept him back is if he takes 8.5 mil per.
NO! If you've made the decision that we're taking the team in another new direction and he no longer fits that style of play and its requirements (remember he can't play D, is a floater,takes 2 minute shifts), then you don't pursue him even if he signs for $5M.

Old
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
You a few months ago said sign him for whatever he wants.

Then dont trade him

Then we got **** for him

Now your praising berg?

Old
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Cmox

Quote:
and yet the Devils still can't get fans to attend..
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Closed Thread