HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The $50K/$1MM shootoff at MSG..

Old
02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
The $50K/$1MM shootoff at MSG..

Anyone else go to the game tonight?

Don't you think that the chance to take 3 shots for the money is set up to be a little bit TOO impossible?

I don't think gaborik could make that shot.. how is some scrub who cant even get close to an empty net going to make it?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Crease

vCash: 500
Well I mean they're not in the business to be giving away a million bucks every night.

But once during a UHL game I got called down to take a shot from center ice with a board in front of the net. Hit the corner of the middle slot, would have won 250 bucks.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:09 PM
McMonster

You aren't supposed to make the shot.... If it was easy they wouldn't put a million dollars on the line.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:19 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I remember at the carolina game this guy joe was the shooter.he hit the net once.missed once and missed HORRIBLY twice and than on his last shot he wiffed and the puck went like 2 inches forward and they wouldn't let him do a redo the crowd was booing like no tomorrow.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
I remember at the carolina game this guy joe was the shooter.he hit the net once.missed once and missed HORRIBLY twice and than on his last shot he wiffed and the puck went like 2 inches forward and they wouldn't let him do a redo the crowd was booing like no tomorrow.
ahh i was at that game, i felt so bad for him!

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:18 PM
broadwayblue

I didn't see it tonight...but in the past I have wondered if the puck was actually small enough to fit through the holes in the board.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:15 AM
CaptainCallahan*

I was there. Shooter was god awful. But yea that puck if put in by hand, would need to be stuffed in, the hole was so tight. No one is making that. I can go 10 for 10 shooting pucks into an empty net from one net all the way to the next, but that hole is impossible.

CaptainCallahan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:07 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Those things drive me nuts because it seems like every time they do them, they get guys who from the looks of things have never picked up a hockey stick in their lives. It's just so hard for me to watch.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:52 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Those things drive me nuts because it seems like every time they do them, they get guys who from the looks of things have never picked up a hockey stick in their lives. It's just so hard for me to watch.
This. I don't wanna say "Oh, I could do it" because 99% I'd fail despite being a pretty good college level hockey player, but it always drives me CRAZY that, by the looks of it, they MAKE SURE that the people chosen have NEVER shot a puck in their lives.

I mean, I'm not just talking about the million dollar shootout. I'm sure my chances of winning that are just as low as anyone's, but the average things they run during intermission, where they'll have a guy shoot five pucks from three different angles, and whoever gets the most pucks in, in 30 seconds or something wins a "Rangers fan pack"... I guarantee that from the range they're shooting at I could go 100% but the guys who get chosen don't even know how to hold a stick properly.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
I understand that they aint just giving away tons of money for free.

But first off, only ONE person gets to take a shot @ 1 million, everyone else takes a shot for 50K

And come on now, the shot should at least be possible for an NHL superstar to make. That hole in the board was like exactly the size of the puck. Gaborik would probably need to shoot like 100 times to get the puck into that ridiculous hole. I thought by partially covered they meant they were gonna cover like 2/3 of the net.

They pick the worst scrubs to shoot anyway who shoots wide from their own blue line, i think having 2/3 of the net covered for the opposing blue line shot is more then fair

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote