FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Old
09-18-2013, 12:57 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
True dat. I actually didn't even look up those dates, my GF did. But NHL has a different way of showing the Home/Away team. In Finland it's the home team that is first. Should have probably told my GF that.

No worries, we have a lot of time to look up another dates.
The week before we play Winnipeg at home. That could be an exciting game but tickets may be a bit harder to come by for that match up depending in how many Jet fans show up.

As far as Selanne playing its hard to say, gotta play it by ear or maybe plan on staying for several games.

Kings games will probably be harder to get than ducks tickets but you can always do stubhub for last minute stuff. (Double check your gf's scouting on that date as well).

LA and Anaheim are both big cities, actually Orange County and LA is just one big sprawling wasteland with good and bad areas so as far as "relaxing" either will do as long as you're not in a ghetto.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 07:40 AM
GreatBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post

Edit:
So, we will be coming as late in April as possible.So probably the 9th against San Jose or 13th against Avalanche.

The same questions for those days.
The 13th is the last regular season game. I can't imagine, other than due to injury, that Selanne would not play in that game. Since the game will also be "Fan Appreciation Day" it has a history of being sold out. Because of that I would get tickets in advance.

You should have better luck with tickets for the 9th, but that may depend upon the standings and importance of the game to play off position.

GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Chistov23

Hey everyone!

So after 5 long years, I finally have saved up the money to make it back to California. I'll be staying for 10 days and am going to the ducks first 4 games. ... The home opener was always a wish of mine. Next on the list will be home playoff games but that's a trip for a later date.

The GF was hoping to get some autographs, so where is the best place to try and grab a few after the games?

Are the ducks doing the Red carpet for the home opener? I havn't heard of anything from their website or twitter about it.

It looks like Honda center doesn't do tours of the building that I could find, do they offer any or atleast dressing room tours at all?

We are staying in garden grove and have day trips booked for most of our stay (LA tours, catalina island, universal, disney, etc.)

Any other suggestions to get the most out of this trip from a ducks perspective?
Or in general as well, things to do, or restaurants for a decent price?

Thanks in advance!

Chistov23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 10:33 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

They have fanfest on Monday October 14th. Stand in line get autographs, one year they did a tour of the locker room, skating sessions etc. It is only supposed to be for season ticket holders but last year I drove all the way down there myself and parked before I realized I left my ticket at home (DVM was working late and meeting me there.. I didn't want to drive back home and got tired of waiting). I kinda walked down the side away from the ushers/security, just meandering like I was a typical Californian chatting it up on my phone oblivious to where I was and snuck right in where there was no fencing.

You should do that.

Old
10-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Or, for $5 he could buy a ticket and avoid becoming a scofflaw.

http://www.714tickets.com/Tickets/An...14-2013/533140

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2013, 08:47 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

that's illegal

Old
10-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
They have fanfest on Monday October 14th. Stand in line get autographs, one year they did a tour of the locker room, skating sessions etc. It is only supposed to be for season ticket holders but last year I drove all the way down there myself and parked before I realized I left my ticket at home (DVM was working late and meeting me there.. I didn't want to drive back home and got tired of waiting). I kinda walked down the side away from the ushers/security, just meandering like I was a typical Californian chatting it up on my phone oblivious to where I was and snuck right in where there was no fencing.

You should do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Or, for $5 he could buy a ticket and avoid becoming a scofflaw.

http://www.714tickets.com/Tickets/An...14-2013/533140
What time is face off fest running this year, I'm assuming something like 7-10?

Chistov23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Bolts26
Forever a MSL fan

Birthday surprise

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, I did do a search for my question before posting and didn't find any recent answers.

I'm bringing my nephew to the game against the Lightning next month for his birthday, he's going to be 5, and his favorite things in life are Disney and Steven Stamkos, so we're doing Disney as well as the game. So, I have a few questions:

1. Do you guys have any recommendations for kid friendly restaurants pre-game?

2. Aside from meeting Mickey, the other thing he wants is a picture with Stamkos. I've gotten lucky enough in the past to unknowingly book a room at the same hotel as the Maple Leafs, but in Denver. I noticed that most of the players were pretty friendly and would sign autographs and take pictures. If there is any chance anyone knows what hotel the Lightning stay at so my nephew could potentially have the same opportunity, that'd be awesome. We're not looking to bother anyone, just hopefully a picture.

3. Do you guys have any other kid friendly activities outside of Disney that you'd suggest?

Thanks for any help. Good luck this season

Bolts26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 04:25 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

3. Other theme parks like Knott's. If you're willing to drive there's Sea World and the zoo in San Diego. I don't have answers for your other questions.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Bolts26
Forever a MSL fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
3. Other theme parks like Knott's. If you're willing to drive there's Sea World and the zoo in San Diego. I don't have answers for your other questions.
How far is the zoo from Anaheim? He'd love that. Not sure he's old enough to handle more than Disney in terms of theme parks. Thanks for the advice.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:16 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts26 View Post
How far is the zoo from Anaheim? He'd love that. Not sure he's old enough to handle more than Disney in terms of theme parks. Thanks for the advice.
San Diego Zoo is maybe a 90 minute drive. It's one of the best zoos in the world. There's also the LA Zoo which is closer, maybe 45 minute drive? But SD is much better.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Bolts26
Forever a MSL fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
San Diego Zoo is maybe a 90 minute drive. It's one of the best zoos in the world. There's also the LA Zoo which is closer, maybe 45 minute drive? But SD is much better.
Awesome, thanks. San Diego it is.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 800
Quote:
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, I did do a search for my question before posting and didn't find any recent answers.

I'm bringing my nephew to the game against the Lightning next month for his birthday, he's going to be 5, and his favorite things in life are Disney and Steven Stamkos, so we're doing Disney as well as the game. So, I have a few questions:

2. Aside from meeting Mickey, the other thing he wants is a picture with Stamkos. I've gotten lucky enough in the past to unknowingly book a room at the same hotel as the Maple Leafs, but in Denver. I noticed that most of the players were pretty friendly and would sign autographs and take pictures. If there is any chance anyone knows what hotel the Lightning stay at so my nephew could potentially have the same opportunity, that'd be awesome. We're not looking to bother anyone, just hopefully a picture.

3. Do you guys have any other kid friendly activities outside of Disney that you'd suggest?

Thanks for any help. Good luck this season
Don't take this as a hundred percent but they usually stay at the Marriott right across from South Coast Plaza. My ex co-worker used to run into players on her walk at lunch when we worked down the street. The Senators twitter also posted a picture today from the same area, so I want to say they still stay there. Your best bet might be waiting outside the arena when the team bus comes in the back and lets them out by the ramp.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 08:17 PM
egg16

Hi all. I'm taking the family down from Winnipeg to Southern California for Spring Break at the end of March and are planning on taking in a couple of Jets games against the Kings and the Ducks. My question concerns the seating policy at the Honda Center. That is, should I pay the bigger bucks for lower bowl tickets or just get the upper deck cheapies with the hopes of moving down into lower bowl empty seats. I don't anticipate a visit by the Jets to warrant a sellout so I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats to choose from. I just don't know to what extent the Honda Center security prevent people from moving down to fill empty seats. Any thoughts? Also, should I be shopping on StubHub now or wait until I get down there or take my chances and wait until I get down there?

egg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2013, 11:50 PM
egg16

Holy redundancy, Batman! Didn't notice that bit of double-babble at the end of my last post. I guess I should preview before I click "submit", eh!.

egg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 12:02 AM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

They likley will check your ticket if you try to get into the lower bowl.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:20 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Yeah they won't let you move down to the lower bowl. That's why we see so many empty seats on TV. The upper bowl is mostly full.

McDonald19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:22 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:

Downtown Disney - Rainforest Cafe

McDonald19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 04:39 PM
bruins4ever19

Does anyone know where opposing teams stay and practice? Thanks

bruins4ever19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 08:12 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 800
Like I said above, I think they stay at the Marriott in Costa Mesa across from South Coast Plaza. As for practice, it depends on what is going on at the Ponda. Most practice is there but sometimes they move it to Anaheim Ice.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Alwpg

Ducks vs Jets Tickets (January 21st)

I am going to be in the Anaheim area in January and would like to see the Ducks vs Jets game...

I am looking at Ticketmaster and am seeing tickets for $130 each, plus fees for seats in the 14th Row (N) behind the benches (Section 207 or 209).

I'd like to get closer if possible, but I'd also like to not pay Ticketmaster's ridiculous fees, so if there is anybody on this board that can help me out, I'd be very appreciative.

PM me if you can help.

Last edited by Alwpg: 10-29-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: clarification
Alwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

http://www.714tickets.com/Tickets/Wi...21-2014/503004

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:32 AM
mighty all the way

Yeah 714 tickets is the best place, has no fees and you can pick them up on game day. They are located right across the street from Honda Center.

Oh and they give you cool season ticket holder tickets with players pictures on them, not those crappy ticket master ones.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 12:03 PM
idiroft

Hey guys!

I'm so EXCITED. I'm travelling through LA and me and a couple of friends bought tickets to the Ducks - Coyotes game. We will be going around LA during the day.

The game is at 7pm and we will be centered around Venice Beach I think. How long does the drive from there takes and how long in advance should we be at the Honda Center? We'd like to visit the team store prior to the game

By the way, is there free parking anywhere near the arena?

idiroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 12:42 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

How long in advance? Obviously it depends on how much time you want to spend at the store and how far away you park to get free parking. But ignoring all that stuff, I generally plan to be at the gates about 30 minutes early.

I would guess the drive could take upwards of an hour. It will be around rush hour, so you will have traffic. But I don't make that drive so you're better off seeking other advice.

Free parking? Yes there's some. I like to go across the freeway, in the industrial park north of Katella. You can also park to the East, in a big shopping center with a movie theater and stuff. I think a couple other places offer free parking with a shuttle if you eat at the restaurant.