FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Old
10-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
How long in advance? Obviously it depends on how much time you want to spend at the store and how far away you park to get free parking. But ignoring all that stuff, I generally plan to be at the gates about 30 minutes early.

I would guess the drive could take upwards of an hour. It will be around rush hour, so you will have traffic. But I don't make that drive so you're better off seeking other advice.

Free parking? Yes there's some. I like to go across the freeway, in the industrial park north of Katella. You can also park to the East, in a big shopping center with a movie theater and stuff. I think a couple other places offer free parking with a shuttle if you eat at the restaurant.
Just be careful parking there. I had a security guard chase me once. It was a playoff game, and I'm not sure what he would've done if he would've caught me, but he seemed hellbent on me not parking there.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:08 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Just be careful parking there. I had a security guard chase me once. It was a playoff game, and I'm not sure what he would've done if he would've caught me, but he seemed hellbent on me not parking there.
Two things I did when I went there. A) I didn't go straight from the car to the Ponda (I was meeting people there so it looked like I was going to a movie). B) I parked at the far end of the place, away from the guards. But yeah I think they have guards on towers or something.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

They can and will tow you per whatever rules they follow. Find a $5 lot. They are around. You don't want to get towed, believe me.

If it's a weekday I would consider driving out early in the day and maybe doing something in the area. Rush hour traffic can be brutal.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 10:45 AM
TAnnala

vCash: 50
Ohh yeah! It's official. Me and my girlfriend are coming to Anaheim. 2nd april - 15th april.

So, the games suiting to our timetable are Preds vs. Ducks at 4th april or/and Sharks vs. Ducks at 9th april. I guess the away game Ducks vs. Kings at 12th would fit too, but I want to see the Pond.

How about those tickets? What kind of tickets should I get? Obviously we wan't good seats but spending 300 buck's per ticket might be a bit steep for us. I don't want to be in the nosebleeds either. So what kind of tickets would you suggest?

Also, does anyone have any info on Selanne Steak Tavern?

Last edited by TAnnala: 11-01-2013 at 10:56 AM.
TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
Ohh yeah! It's official. Me and my girlfriend are coming to Anaheim. 2nd april - 15th april.

So, the games suiting to our timetable are Preds vs. Ducks at 4th april or/and Sharks vs. Ducks at 9th april. I guess the away game Ducks vs. Kings at 12th would fit too, but I want to see the Pond.

How about those tickets? What kind of tickets should I get? Obviously we wan't good seats but spending 300 buck's per ticket might be a bit steep for us. I don't want to be in the nosebleeds either. So what kind of tickets would you suggest?

Also, does anyone have any info on Selanne Steak Tavern?
That late in the season playoff positioning will dictate ticket prices. But you can buy now for well under $300/ticket. 714Tickets is really the best place in town to buy. Reasonble prices and no added fees.

http://www.714tickets.com/Tickets/Na...-4-2014/503020

http://www.714tickets.com/Tickets/Sa...-9-2014/503021

Old
11-04-2013, 07:29 PM
agentaero

Purchasing tickets @ Honda Centre for nucks vs ducks on Nov 10

Hi all,

Looking for advice:

I'm a Leafs fan from Canada and will be flying into LA/Anaheim Sunday morning. I'm also a pretty big Getzlaf/Ducks fan and so I'm hoping to get to the canucks@ducks game this coming Sunday.

Being that flights can get delayed I don't want to buy a ticket ahead of time and lose cash on a game I can't attend. So my question is, are tickets usually available at the box office of the Honda centre before games? Are ducks games usually sold out by game day?

Also, any other advice in terms of parking, etc. being that it's my first visit to the Honda centre.

Thanks in advance!

agentaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Force951

Sunday game against a Canadian team may sell out. But 714 Tickets is across the street and they will likely have some for sale. Or you can just by my tickets lol.

Parking in the main lot is $15, or there are plenty of outside lots that only charge $5. Most everything is covered in this thread though.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:04 PM
agentaero

Yea, I hadn't seen this thread until after my post got moved here lol. Oops...

Thanks for the heads up Force. I'll just try and buy my tickets at the box office or from 741tickets, which looks awesome...wish my Canadian teams had something like that. Unless you're willing to meet me at the Honda centre to make the exchange, but I'm not counting on it haha.

agentaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
I might have two free tickets for the Ducks game Friday if anyone wants to go. Buddies are working and I might be as well. 400s though but still decent seats. Pm me

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Enjoy yourselves tickets gone.

Old
11-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

At the box office if your didn't get my text

Old
11-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Bolts26
Forever a MSL fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4ever19 View Post
Does anyone know where opposing teams stay and practice? Thanks
Eastern conference teams are staying at the Westin in Costa Mesa this year, presuming you're a Bruins fan

Bolts26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:37 PM
MrFlyers

I am a huge Flyers fan from norway. Bringing my family over to anaheim for the ducks flyers game jan. 30th. If we wear our jerseys to the game, will it get us in truble?

MrFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 10:01 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon86 View Post
I am a huge Flyers fan from norway. Bringing my family over to anaheim for the ducks flyers game jan. 30th. If we wear our jerseys to the game, will it get us in truble?
We aren't LA fans. You'll be safe.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
There is no guaranteeing you won't run into a troublemaker, but in general it's a pretty mellow crowd. But please don't start anything yourself.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:19 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
Quote:
the only trouble you will see is the trouble you may start, cheer for your team, no big deal. If you go out of your way to make the local fans upset then you get what you are asking for.

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:36 AM
dudedrop26

Hey quick question i am planning on going to tomorrows game. i was wondering if anyone know where the devils will be staying or where they will be practicing.

dudedrop26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudedrop26 View Post
Hey quick question i am planning on going to tomorrows game. i was wondering if anyone know where the devils will be staying or where they will be practicing.
Probably practicing at the Honda Center which is closed to the public. But you can call Anaheim Ice in Anaheim and ask them. That's the only other place they would practice. That still could be closed. Can't help you on hotels.

Old
11-20-2013, 01:03 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudedrop26 View Post
They will probably practice at the Honda Center, you might have some luck hanging out by their bus at the top of the service ramp on the back side of the Ponda. The visiting teams are usually down in Costa Mesa at the Marriott across the street from South Coast Plaza.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:21 AM
KCjetsfan

Road Trip to Anaheim

This may be a stupid question, but it's been years since I've been a regular attendee at hockey games. I'll be heading down to Anaheim for the Jan 21 game between the Ducks and the Jets. Does the team store, or booths within the arena sell any visiting team merchandise on game day?

Back in the 90's in Winnipeg there'd always be some visiting team gear - but I went to a game in St Louis last month and they didn't, so it makes me question whether this happens. Since I live in KS now, it's a little harder to get a hold of Jets gear and I don't like buying that kind of stuff online due to sizing etc.

Thanks in advance.

KCjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:11 AM
onlyalad

The Ducks just opened a new huge team store. When you go in the store there will be Jets stuff in the back to the left. Look for the floor to ceiling stanley cup. They have shirts, hats, and jerseys for every team

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:41 AM
KCjetsfan

Awesome thank you for that info.

KCjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

But make sure you bring your wallet. Everything there is more expensive than anywhere else.

Old
11-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Ducks Ahoy
PP success loading..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
But make sure you bring your wallet. Everything there is more expensive than anywhere else.
You mean you're not supposed to just take one off wall?

Ducks Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 08:02 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Slightly OT but from what I've heard Ducks players have been asked to stop signing autographs at practice in Anaheim due to the autographs ending up on eBay.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote