HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit-Tor-SJ

Old
02-06-2010, 06:44 PM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jablueblue View Post
lol leafs say no thanks
Sharks say no too. Give up all that for pretty much just Kaberle no deal.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
SkullSplitter

Setoguchi and Ponikarovsky for Kunitz, Caputi, and a 2nd? Sign me up.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Tomahawk214
i'm not even mad

Both Seto and Clowe? No thanks.

Tomahawk214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Amped

Do any Sharks fan ever take Joe Thornton into account when evaluating their players? They really should...

Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:15 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlinian View Post
That's not actually much of an overpayment. Maybe drop Tangradi. Outside of that, young RFA 30 goal scorers don't grow on trees. The closest comparable to Setoguchi is Kessel, who got two lottery picks in return. Setoguchi is not worth that much, but will easily score 30 goals playing with Crosby and would immediately be your best winger. The issue with superroyain's proposal is the trade for Kaberle. IMO, Kaberle is not worth that much unless you're a team with tons of cap space. The Sharks need to avoid making their roster older than it already is in order to remain contenders. Furthermore the drop off from Kaberle to Goligoski is not worth Kaberle's increased cap hit and the increased injury risk that comes with age.
Why not add Crosby, Malkin, and Staal to the mix, hell why not Fleury aswell. Shero is not dumb, he is not going to give up that package for Seto alone.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Gogo is effectively Pittsburgh's number three defenseman. Without him, they have only three legit top-4 guys, one who has consistency issues (Letang) and one who has injury issues (Gonchar). Considering Gonchar may leave soon, Pittsburgh also needs Gogo for his offensive contributions from the point...basically they would be filling one hole but opening up another...
True, but it's a cap era and you can't exactly have everyone you want. Gogo only goes if Gonchar stays 1-2 more years. You also don't need 3 offensive defensemen, 2 is a good number, but 3 IMO is too many. IMO Pens need only 2 O dmen, and 4 D dmen.

Old
02-06-2010, 07:24 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
Sharks say HELL NO!

Seto for Letang and Caputi. Additional picks either way are negotiable.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
Pens love this trade...the other teams get screwed.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:03 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed Penguin View Post
Pens love this trade...the other teams get screwed.
good picture for your avatar

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:03 PM
chef283

Toronto loses huge on this. Burke has said a 1st, prospect and pick alone for Kabs. There is no way Clowe, Kunitz and a third will do that deal. Pens make out like bandits and go on to win another Cup.

chef283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
AK

Shero muffles the phone to cover up his laughter, then texts back "done deal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Sharks say HELL NO!

Seto for Letang and Caputi. Additional picks either way are negotiable.
Maybe if it's a 1st coming from San Jose. Setoguchi's value isn't exactly through the roof right now.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped View Post
Do any Sharks fan ever take Joe Thornton into account when evaluating their players? They really should...
And here I thought that Crosby was actually reasonably close to Thornton in playmaking ability, (at least that's what all these Pens fans tell me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33
Why not add Crosby, Malkin, and Staal to the mix, hell why not Fleury aswell. Shero is not dumb, he is not going to give up that package for Seto alone.
Setoguchi is on a 25 goal pace playing with Pavelski and Malhotra. If you don't think that playing with Crosby would add at least 5 goals to that total, I don't think you're a Pens fan. And a 30 goal scoring winner who's just coming off an ELC and won't be overpaid is extremely valuable. IMO, Caputi+1st+Kunitz is entirely reasonable for him.

tarlinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:23 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlinian View Post
And here I thought that Crosby was actually reasonably close to Thornton in playmaking ability, (at least that's what all these Pens fans tell me).

Setoguchi is on a 25 goal pace playing with Pavelski and Malhotra. If you don't think that playing with Crosby would add at least 5 goals to that total, I don't think you're a Pens fan. And a 30 goal scoring winner who's just coming off an ELC and won't be overpaid is extremely valuable. IMO, Caputi+1st+Kunitz is entirely reasonable for him.
I think you forgot Tangradi? I'll definatly keep Caputi, 1st, Kunitz, and Tangradi. We need those, and we are not helping you guys out at all. You aint getting a package like that from any GM not named Sutter, Wadell, etc.

Old
02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Long Duk Dong
Sammich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
I could see this:

Setoguchi for a 1st, Kunitz, Caputi, Tangrandi

- Is a high price, but Setoguchi is a 23-year-old 30-goal scorer. Pittsburgh is getting him for the long-haul (not your typical rental-trade)...

Above package (- Kunitz) + Derek Joslin to Toronto for Kaberle

- Burke has done a fairly good job of laying the ground-work for a SC-contending team. They have a star goalie (Giguere/Monster), a potential #1 D-man, and a legit sniper. They get another important piece with a potential poward forward in Tangradi. Toronto also gets a decent young player with a top-six shot, and a potential top-4 defenseman as well as a first-round-pick. San Jose gets Kaberle for their playoff run and then some...Kunitz is a short-term fix for the top-six...
You might want to revise this one a bit chief......

Long Duk Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I think you forgot Tangradi? I'll definatly keep Caputi, 1st, Kunitz, and Tangradi. We need those, and we are not helping you guys out at all. You aint getting a package like that from any GM not named Sutter, Wadell, etc.
No, I dropped Tangradi, as mentioned in my original post, who is IMO your best winger prospect and probably holds a lot of value for the Pens. I doubt Caputi will ever amount to much. Kunitz is simply returned to fill a top 6 roster spot. The 1st is really the heart of the deal, and it's going to be pretty late anyway. Like I said to begin with, if it were up to me I'd do Seto for Gogo straight up. I'd also do Seto+McGinn/Ferriero/Zalewski for Letang+1st.

tarlinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Transient

sharks won't trade setoguchi. They need him to score. They cant rely on just Heatley all the time. Heater with 3 more points tonight. Wow, someone sure blew that bonehead trade...but what do you expect.

Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:10 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient View Post
sharks won't trade setoguchi. They need him to score. They cant rely on just Heatley all the time. Heater with 3 more points tonight. Wow, someone sure blew that bonehead trade...but what do you expect.
Sorry kiddo, but I think that Ottawa got a decent return, and both teams have benefitted, despite what the on-the-paper might tell you.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient View Post
So we have this guy named Marleau, you might have heard of him...

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:01 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjuxtaposer View Post
Sorry kiddo, but I think that Ottawa got a decent return, and both teams have benefitted, despite what the on-the-paper might tell you.
totally agree. Mihalek will be a continual solid/steady player for years to come and, solid hitter and defensive skills as well. For many of us Sharks fans, not the player we wanted moved in the Heater trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
So we have this guy named Marleau, you might have heard of him...
exactly and, combined for 70 goals already.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef283 View Post
Toronto loses huge on this. Burke has said a 1st, prospect and pick alone for Kabs. There is no way Clowe, Kunitz and a third will do that deal. Pens make out like bandits and go on to win another Cup.
Actually, I could really see Burke going for it if it returned those types of players. Both Kunitz and Clowe are absolutely Burke type players who don't exactly suck.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote