HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Orr just dropped Carkner

Old
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
samwitch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Saying Carkner contributes very little is an ignorant comment. Guy has been great for us all year, is great to use on the PK, makes very smart passes out of his own zone, and has leadership qualities, helping direct people where they should be on the ice.

To say Carkner contributes very little is just flat out 100% WRONG. He brings a different side and edge to our team.
Well, people saying that Orr can't do anything but fight is "100% WRONG" as well.
He's a great forechecker on the 4th line and has always brought a lot of energy to the game.
At the beginning of the year I thought that he may be a liability, but in fact he's not a liability at all..
Not too many other heavyweights can be trusted to play all 82 games of a season ..

samwitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
ukrleaf

Orr is just phenomenal

ukrleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Homer alert. The first fight over the second? Give me a break. Carkner didn't miss a shift, whereas in the second one Orr left the game and couldn't fight for over a month. No contest. This one is easily number one though, can't believe Carkner's okay.
Seriously?

Now that I've watched them right after each other, I'd say that they are pretty even. Watching Carkner's head rocket back in the first one is what makes that a better knockout to me, though. Carkner's KO was much sloppier (not that that part matters much, but ya). At least Orr landed some shots in his loss.

That Orr's orbital bone was broken was of little consequence. The winner of a fight isn't generally determined by which one had the most or worst injuries after the fact (not for boxing or MMA, anyways). This isn't some high school scrap where the loser is determined by whoever's nose bled the most.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

No matter how you slice it this is now the best rivalry between two heavyweights. Orr had a very similar situation going on with Godard. Orr busted Godards nose in the first one. In the second one he TKO'd Godard. Later in maybe the 4th or the 5th one Godard TKO'd Orr.

This time Carkner and Orr are the new rivalry and it's great to see in a new rivalry. Sens and Leafs can look forward to this one for a while now. But...You have to give the upper hand to Orr in this now. That is without question. Three fights and somebody went down in each of them!!!! That's no joke, and realistically that has probably never happened in history.

The crazy thing is that most NHL Heavyweights never even get a KO to thier record. Fotiu is regarded as one of the best ever and never KO'd anyone. Same for Nystrom. Orr now has cemented himself in the upper echelon of enforcers by doing more damage with that big right than anyone in history with the exception of Kocur, and maybe the argument can be made for Rob Ray.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Stick To Your Guns

If Carkner won that fight, I think the sens would've won that game. Orr grabbed all the momentum for his team and the Leafs were on fire. People underestimate the importance of a fight.

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Epoch

The reaction from the Leafs bench was great. Wallin and Kessel were loving it.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:20 PM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Yea, that was a serious punch. You can see when it happened....Carkner turned his head and was already gone, but he kept going and got one more solid shot to his face. Gotta give him props for that.

These two have serious fights. Orr has dropped Carkner badly twice, and Carker dropped Orr badly once.
The difference being that when Carkmer won he cut Orr with a cheap shot while Orr was going down. Orr on the other hand let up when Carkner was in lala land. Orr could have seriously injury Carkner in this last fight.

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM

I just noticed Orr threw up after he got TKO'd by Carkner. Is that something that happens sometimes when you get TKO'd?

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
samwitch

Carkner did clearly win that second fight, but did not "K.O." Orr ..

In the first fight, Orr buckled Carkner's knees, and if you watch MMA that is a sign of the person getting rocked, not K.O'd per say put really getting rattled.

The second fight was a clear win for Carkner but was not a K.O.
If you want to see what a K.O. looks like than watch the third fight (flash K.O.)

samwitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I just noticed Orr threw up after he got TKO'd by Carkner. Is that something that happens sometimes when you get TKO'd?
Hahahaha. I never knew that.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 10:38 PM
the_speedster

I'm gonna have to start calling him Terry "No mas" Carkner

I've never seen that in a fight before

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:25 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
I'm gonna have to start calling him Terry "No mas" Carkner

I've never seen that in a fight before
I don't know if he'd like being called by his uncle's name.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
I don't know if he'd like being called by his uncle's name.
oops!

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
longsuffering

[QUOTE=liverpoolfcjr;23719927]Carkner - 2 goals 8 assists 10 points
Orr - 2 goals 2 assists 4 points

seems to me that they both contribute very little. but orr does do very good on the forecheck... AND he OWNS carkner.

As a leaf fan, I would rather have Carkner, thats 10 points from a defenseman that plays over 15 min a night and is a +3, Orr plays less than 5 a night and is pretty well useless, except for the big right.

It is embarrassing that all we have as leaf fans these days is our goon, but we don't even have that. What goes around comes around for nhl heavies, orr beats carkner, shelley beats orr, belak beats shelley, etc. etc. etc............

I don't post a lot, but that is a ridiculus post, especially from a leaf fan who brags about Orrs f$%ing forecheck while saying a regular nhl dman does not contribute to a team that just won 11 in a row. That is as embarrassing as the leafs theme song, what a joke, just like this season.

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 12:23 AM
ItsOurGame

look at 1:17 in the video posted by the OP...looks like Carkner caught Orr while they were both down pretty seriously (fight 2) and I might be mistaken but if that's what everybody's braggin about for Carkner getting Orr...

ItsOurGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 02:18 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
carkner is not a better fighter than orr, but is 1-2 and this rivalry will continue as long as orr remains on the leafs (carkner is a sen for 2 more years).

carkner is a better player than orr, and i dont think anyone can debate that.

here's to many more great fights between the two.

02-12-2010, 12:49 AM
sessiroth

Man, Leave it to a Sens fan to talk crap after they lost 5-0 and got knocked out.

Carkner threw his hands in the air when he hit the floor like if he was going to say "NO MAS"

Ottowa obviously has more success this year, last I check, this is a fight forum.

Ottowa needs to realize that the leafs will always have their number after killing them playoff series after playoff series after playoff series.

sessiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Dean Vernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessiroth View Post
Man, Leave it to a Sens fan to talk crap after they lost 5-0 and got knocked out.

Carkner threw his hands in the air when he hit the floor like if he was going to say "NO MAS"

Ottowa obviously has more success this year, last I check, this is a fight forum.

Ottowa needs to realize that the leafs will always have their number after killing them playoff series after playoff series after playoff series.
You need to realize how to spell Ottawa...

It's your capital city for ****s sake

Dean Vernon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 09:39 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessiroth View Post

What a horrendous post. Taranto and Colgory have tough guys, so do we, he just happened to get tagged this time.

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote