HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gagne and/or Hartnell at the draft

Old
02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
To Edmonton: Hartnell
To Philly: Cogliano

Philly gets a salary dump and a pretty good young player.

Or

To Philly: O'Sullivan

Again the Flyers gain some cap space. The offensive production would be pretty similar between the 2.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
captainpaxil

i dont think either player gets you anything better than what they bring to the team.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i dont think either player gets you anything better than what they bring to the team.
going into next year I'd waive Hartnell before I put him on the roster again. He hurts this team every night. I feel pretty good that we could get at least a decent player who won't hurt us.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
Bad move for the Canucks.

You guys have something special going on there and I'd recommend adding on those players who you see fit.

Ray Whitney is a guy who'd fit extremely well on your second line, but I'd stay away from Gagne as far as I can. This guy is an injury waiting for happen. Too bad because injuries ruined what could have been a very good career for Gagne.

There is still hope that Gagne gets back to his original form, but its a risk Vancouver doesn't have to take.

Won't even take a 1st rounder, I think, to acquire someone like Whitney. He brings experience to your team - Stanley Cup experience. He's physically fit and I think he can still play for another 3 years or so.

2nd + Ellington

for

Whitney (Re-sign for 3 years, 10.5 million).
I like the thought of Whitney,but the I heard the asking price is a 2 nd in 2010 + a prospect,your proposal would work if the Canucks had a 2 nd in 2010.Anyway I'd give a first for Whitney,if he were so re-sign.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 04:35 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
going into next year I'd waive Hartnell before I put him on the roster again. He hurts this team every night. I feel pretty good that we could get at least a decent player who won't hurt us.
hes having a horrible year and 4.2 hed be hard to deal at his current production. wed be better off betting he could turn things around i dont think his value at this point could really drop.

and my unabashed homer comes out when talking about gagne. so any deal to me that doesnt have him retiring in the orange and black has to be an overpayment. he goes a little soft after an injury and i think were starting to see him come around. that blip right after he got back was more the exception to the rule. plus with next year being the last in his contract dealing him means we wont get the good production hes goping to put up on the next one which will be cheaper.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Would Hartnell waive his NTC to play on the 2nd last place team in the league?
Sure, you tell him if he doesn't waive his NTC he is going to be placed on waivers and will end up in Toronto anyway.

Haute Couturier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I like the thought of Whitney,but the I heard the asking price is a 2 nd in 2010 + a prospect,your proposal would work if the Canucks had a 2 nd in 2010.Anyway I'd give a first for Whitney,if he were so re-sign.
I didn't know Vancouver was missing their 2nd '10. If that is the case then maybe something centered around:

Whitney
3rd '10

for

1st '10

would work very for you guys. Whitney could be that X-factor for teams who need that one last body to become the clear favorites. I can't believe how teams have improved. New Jersey just acquired Kovalchuk, Vancouver is playing very well and if they get home ice then watch out, L.A is a team with youth and veterans, Pittsburgh will always be there.

I think we're in for an exciting playoffs.

02-08-2010, 09:26 AM
JTG

If Hartnell could bring back his production from last season, and cut down on the unnecessary stuff, he would be a pretty valuable commodity.

JTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:33 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
If Hartnell could bring back his production from last season, and cut down on the unnecessary stuff, he would be a pretty valuable commodity.
If Gomez could bring back his production to levels in his NJD days he would be worth his contract. Sort of. lol

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
It's only one bad season. He, and the rest of the offense for that matter, has been in a funk. That might be what happens when you drop Lupul's and Knuble's goals for Pronger.

Even so, JVR and Giroux were among the top prospects in the NHL for a reason. The hope is that they continue to grow. They are easily more offensively gifted than anyone on the Flyers right now. We'll see what it translates to down the road.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:13 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I could see Hartnell to Toronto (disregarding the whole "would he waive his NTC" argument).

He's a typical Brian Burke player.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:15 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

From a Penguins fan: Why do Flyer fans want to get rid of Hartnell? I think he's a good player to have and is multidimensional. Looks like he's not scoring a lot this year, but it happens. Is he taking too many penalties or something?

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:17 AM
sgupca

Kaberle
for
Gagne

OR

Kaberle
for
Hartnell + 2nd + Patrick Maroon

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:40 AM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'd do it. Ponikarovsky isn't useless. Hartnell may seem like the Burke type of player.
Would love to see Hartnell with the Leafs. Suprised he would be available though. He was untouchable according to various Philly fans not too long ago.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
Kaberle
for
Gagne

OR

Kaberle
for
Hartnell + 2nd + Patrick Maroon
Wow as a Flyers fan... you are really overvaluing Gagne. And yes we do that first deal IMO.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 11:07 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEPSTER4 View Post
Call me crazy, but I see Toronto making it in the 8th spot. Plus with their instant rebuild, they're set for at least next year to make a decent run. Hartnell for Poni works for both sides IMO.
This year?

If the Leafs win 10 in a row and everyone else goes .500, they will only then be hovering around where they need to be...

That said, I still think Hartnell for Poni is a good deal for both teams.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

Or

Again the Flyers gain some cap space. The offensive production would be pretty similar between the 2.
id take the first deal

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Northern Flyer

I have been a fan of the Poni for either Hartnell or Gagne trade for a while in theory (theory only because I don't see either waiving their NTC to go to T.O)

For Philly: Poni is a good scorer who could replace Hartnell or Gagne on the PP. I also think you could get him for close to $2.5 million next year ($3 tops) either way you shed $1.2-$1.7 million on Hartnell and the Poni resign or $2.25-$2.75 on the Gagne and Poni resign.

For Toronto:
Gagne-worst case-veteran guy who could become a leader and if things don't work out then you only gave up a UFA and his contract is done after this year. Best case-he gets over the injuries and you have a bona fide scorer to go with Kessel.
Hartnell-worst case-lower cap hit than Gagne but more years on the contract. Ends up being a 45-50 point guy but completley in the mold of what Brian Burke is doing in T.O. Best case-returns to the 30/30 level he was at and proves to be a leader for years to come to the Stahlberg/Bozak/Kulemin types.

But as I said I don't think either of those Flyers waives the NTC.

Northern Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

Or

i like that Cogliano kid, he can really fly

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote