HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What would it take

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Dgrohl8

vCash: 500
What would it take

What do people think it would take to trade up from 6 to 1 or 2

Old
04-21-2004, 11:47 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
What do people think it would take to trade up from 6 to 1 or 2
1: impossible
2: tyutin, both first rounders, a second and another prospect.

either way it's not gonna happen.

Last edited by xander: 04-21-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old
04-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Dgrohl8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander

either way it's not gona happen.

I knew 1 was just about impossible but i think ur over pricing 2nd pick i would say if we wanted to we could get it

Old
04-21-2004, 11:51 AM
free0717

Quote:

either way it's not gona happen.
1.impossible I agree

2. Not worth what it would take

Old
04-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I knew 1 was just about impossible but i think ur over pricing 2nd pick i would say if we wanted to we could get it

The reason pick number 1 moved last year was that the Pen's needed/wanted a franchise goaltender and the holder of number 1 already had theirs. In this case the Pens desperately need a center and a franchise player, having neither and Malkin shows promise of being both. Hence the pick can not be had without overpaying. Why would they trade for a bunch of second and third line prospects? Depth like that they have already and would just create more of a log jam.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:10 PM
charliemurphy

Why would we move from the #6 pick?

Old
04-21-2004, 12:13 PM
xander

the structure of this year's draft doesn't really facilitate the top two picks moving down. Most people agree that theres a drop off after the first pack, and possibly an even more signifigant one after the second pick. When you have that kind of situation the teams holding those top two picks arn't gonna move down unless you offer them an outrageous deal.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:39 PM
charliemurphy

I agree with the drop off.
Rangers should entertain offers about trading SOME of their 2nd round picks for a third 1st rounder (preferably in the teens).

Old
04-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Dgrohl8

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I agree with the drop off.
Rangers should entertain offers about trading SOME of their 2nd round picks for a third 1st rounder (preferably in the teens).

I think they should trade to get 2 top ten picks so that they can get ladd and shremp unless the number 2 spot opens up because i think it may because Pittsburgh hates giving up money and they have a lot of holes to fill on there team and they may want to take a chance on gettin more picks because they are goin to need a lot of help

Old
04-21-2004, 06:33 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:

either way it's not gonna happen.
are you serious the picks this year aint that great maybe for a spezza or nash then maybe that deal maybe.. but you are definitly throwing in to much

Old
04-21-2004, 06:39 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
are you serious the picks this year aint that great maybe for a spezza or nash then maybe that deal maybe.. but you are definitly throwing in to much
Ovechkin is more highly touted then the ones you named so no he's not exagerating!!!

Old
04-21-2004, 06:43 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
I think they should trade to get 2 top ten picks so that they can get ladd and shremp unless the number 2 spot opens up because i think it may because Pittsburgh hates giving up money and they have a lot of holes to fill on there team and they may want to take a chance on gettin more picks because they are goin to need a lot of help
pitts # 2 overall for 1 second rounder, our later first round pick we keep 6 overall so we can have 2 picks in the first 6, and i say even throw in lundmark..... no lose.. wouldnt give any more than that unless they maybe threw in a 3rd and 4th then i would say give them 2 second rounds total
so the deal would be:

pitts # 2 in round 1
nyr give one 2nd round pick a late first round and lundmark

or

pitts 1st round 2nd overall, 3rd and 4th round picks
nyr 1st late round pick, 2 seconds and lundmark

think both deals above are fair......

we still will get 1st rounds in the top 6 still have 1 or 2 second rounds plus what ever else.. if the second deal goes through we have 3rd and 4th picks. not bad . bure was like a 6th round pick and bulin was like a 9th both turned out to be very good players... so 1st round doesnt always necessarilly bring alkl your stars , gm,s should try to look farther down sometimes

Old
04-21-2004, 06:44 PM
xander

Quote:
why? we have no leverage. Pitt wants to draft malkin, he's the second best player in the draft, and he's signifigantly better than the third. Last year when it was a deep draft it would be differant, but with a signifigant talent drop your gonna have to pay through the nose for the #2.

Old
04-21-2004, 06:45 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Ovechkin is more highly touted then the ones you named so no he's not exagerating!!!
he is very much so exaggerating, who carees what hes touted lets see what he becomes and then so is sydney crosby he is gonna be the next great one so you have no pointevery year they say the 1st overall is the greatest think you should know that, u are a hockey fan right.....

Old
04-21-2004, 06:47 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
why? we have no leverage. Pitt wants to draft malkin, he's the second best player in the draft, and he's signifigantly better than the third. Last year when it was a deep draft it would be differant, but with a signifigant talent drop your gonna have to pay through the nose for the #2.
he was talking about the # 1overall, number 2 would be high but think alot less than what he just offered for ovechkin.. your telling me u would give up 2 firsts a couple seconds and a prospect and tyutin for the #1 over all if so u are out of your mind man,6 or 7 players for 1 , hell no

remember 1 player doesnt make a team

Old
04-21-2004, 06:48 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
my fault he was offering that for the # 2 overall and that makes it even more insane

Old
04-21-2004, 06:49 PM
xander

Quote:
he was talking about the # 1overall, number 2 would be high but think alot less than what he just offered for ovechkin.. your telling me u would give up 2 firsts a couple seconds and a prospect and tyutin for the #1 over all if so u are out of your mind man,6 or 7 players for 1 , hell no

remember 1 player doesnt make a team
i wasn't offering that package, i was saying that is what it would take. No i would never do that deal.

Old
04-21-2004, 06:52 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
he was talking about # 2 pick my faul;t that makes it even more crazy wouldnt give all that for ovechkin let alone the second especially one that has has concussions

Old
04-21-2004, 06:53 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
i wasn't offering that package, i was saying that is what it would take. No i would never do that deal.
alright i hear ya but i dont think pitts would really ask for all that anyways like i said it is not even the 1st overall, which makes it to much

Old
04-21-2004, 07:06 PM
xander

Quote:
alright i hear ya but i dont think pitts would really ask for all that anyways like i said it is not even the 1st overall, which makes it to much
why not, they have no need to trade the pick, and they don't want to. They only way they trade it is if you blow them away with an offer. Take out the second if you want, maybe the second is too much.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
pitts # 2 overall for 1 second rounder, our later first round pick we keep 6 overall so we can have 2 picks in the first 6, and i say even throw in lundmark..... no lose.. wouldnt give any more than that unless they maybe threw in a 3rd and 4th then i would say give them 2 second rounds total
so the deal would be:

pitts # 2 in round 1

or

we still will get 1st rounds in the top 6 still have 1 or 2 second rounds plus what ever else.. if the second deal goes through we have 3rd and 4th picks. not bad . bure was like a 6th round pick and bulin was like a 9th both turned out to be very good players... so 1st round doesnt always necessarilly bring alkl your stars , gm,s should try to look farther down sometimes
Those trades won't even get a second look. Not a chance. To get #2 you're giving up at LEAST Tyutin and your #6. Not worth it.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:14 PM
xander

Quote:

pitts # 2 in round 1

or

are you kidding me? Why would drop from #2 to #25, in a week draft, to pick up a second rounder and an underacheiving 23yo prospect? Tjis is not a draft that you want to trade down in, talent drops off after off after#2 and signifigantly after#7. even if pitt did trade the they wouldn't trade down more than 5 spots, and if theyt did they would get a lot more than lundmark and a second.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:50 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
Those trades won't even get a second look. Not a chance. To get #2 you're giving up at LEAST Tyutin and your #6. Not worth it.
coming from a person with no knowledge of tjutin yes indeeeeeeeeeed you are not very informed

Old
04-21-2004, 07:58 PM
xander

Quote:
coming from a person with no knowledge of tjutin yes indeeeeeeeeeed you are not very informed
If you had the second pick in a top heavy week draft wouldn't you ask for an organization's best prospect? Pittsburgh doesn't have to trade the pick, infact it makes perfect sense for them to keep it, so the only way to pry it from them is to over pay.

Last edited by xander: 04-21-2004 at 08:34 PM.
Old
04-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
He's not saying we would or should pay that - but thats the type of offer it would take. It doesnt make sense for them to deal the pick when Malkin fits them perfectly.

Closed Thread