HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olli's Impact

Old
02-13-2010, 01:30 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Jokinen is the best center we're going to get without giving up the farm. He's a 2nd tier center like Gomez, Marleau, and Drury, but at least he won't command 7M like those 3 will/have. Obviously this may be a little premature, but I wouldn't mind him coming back for 4.5-5M for 3 or 4 years.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Jokinen is the best center we're going to get without giving up the farm. He's a 2nd tier center like Gomez, Marleau, and Drury, but at least he won't command 7M like those 3 will/have. Obviously this may be a little premature, but I wouldn't mind him coming back for 4.5-5M for 3 or 4 years.
Why? Why would you want another upcoming Chris Drury? He's entering his unfavored years and hasn't been a consistently big player since playing on a low-pressure no-name team like Florida?

Please, save the cap space for someone else...

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
I'm glad that Jokinen has been playing well for you guys. If he does well the rest of the way and is a good fit for the team, I'm willing to bet he takes a paycut and signs here. I think at this stage of his career, after being shifted around so much the past few years, he just wants to settle. He bought a house in Calgary and was absolutely crushed when he got traded to NY. I think he'll re-sign for 3.25-3.75 million.

He's not a cancer. He's a guy that plays for his team and plays with energy. I still remember how disappointed he was when Dion, Jay, and Robyn weren't selected for Canada, even though he made team Finland. He thought the rest of the team let those guys down by playing poorly in December .

Good luck to Jokinen and the Rangers the rest of the way .
I would take Jokinen back in a second if his cap hit was $3.25 to $3.75 million. I don't think he'll take that big of a cut, though. I can see a cap hit of $4.0 million. May be a two year contract that pays $5 million the first year and $3 million the second.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
I'm glad that Jokinen has been playing well for you guys. If he does well the rest of the way and is a good fit for the team, I'm willing to bet he takes a paycut and signs here. I think at this stage of his career, after being shifted around so much the past few years, he just wants to settle. He bought a house in Calgary and was absolutely crushed when he got traded to NY. I think he'll re-sign for 3.25-3.75 million.

He's not a cancer. He's a guy that plays for his team and plays with energy. I still remember how disappointed he was when Dion, Jay, and Robyn weren't selected for Canada, even though he made team Finland. He thought the rest of the team let those guys down by playing poorly in December .

Good luck to Jokinen and the Rangers the rest of the way .
If Jokinen really likes it here in NY and is willing to take a paycut, i would love to sign him then for five years at around 3.25-3.75 like you said. He'd be a great center for us.

However....knowing Glen Sather and FA i'd be hard pressed to believe that he'd get Jokinen at that price even if Jokinen begged for it.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I would take Jokinen back in a second if his cap hit was $3.25 to $3.75 million. I don't think he'll take that big of a cut, though. I can see a cap hit of $4.0 million. May be a two year contract that pays $5 million the first year and $3 million the second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
If Jokinen really likes it here in NY and is willing to take a paycut, i would love to sign him then for five years at around 3.25-3.75 like you said. He'd be a great center for us.

However....knowing Glen Sather and FA i'd be hard pressed to believe that he'd get Jokinen at that price even if Jokinen begged for it.
by "here" he means Calgary...and I think he may be right...he, apparently, really loved it there and wants to live there permanently.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:58 PM
ohbaby

Why is everyone worried about resigning him or not? He's a rental! If he doesn't help us to make the playoffs, the whole point is moot.

Let's make the playoffs first, then worry.

Bolts are losing to the Isles as I speak. They will play us in less than 24 hours. This should be a win for us heading into the break.

Rangers need to play with the same passion as last night. Wear them down and show no mercy.

Did you guys notice, there were no breakaways last night? And very few odd man rushes against.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Ice Hockey

talent and physical presence. two things we're lacking

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Quote:
Actually, the lack of production isn't really the fault of Higgins and Kotalik. It's a fault of our defense-first philosophy. Our team simply can't score to save our lives. I've been really impressed with Higgins's effort, especially on the PK, and Kotalik brings a booming shot to our PP and a little more offensive creativity. He's worked hard and his been a physical presence.
Yeah, higgins plays with effort, but he has a really bad shot so he can never finish

and both players are failing to produce on two different teams.

Btw, what's up with your guys' roster?

You have almost enough forwards for 6 lines.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 07:52 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Why? Why would you want another upcoming Chris Drury? He's entering his unfavored years and hasn't been a consistently big player since playing on a low-pressure no-name team like Florida?

Please, save the cap space for someone else...
Bless your heart, sir.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:02 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I'd offer 1 yr @ 3.75M. Why not? We're not winning the cup until Drury and Redden are gone.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I'd offer 1 yr @ 3.75M. Why not? We're not winning the cup until Drury and Redden are gone.
Actually, if they lose out on Kovalchuk, I'd be okay with a 2-year deal at that at amount per season, for a stopgap until Stepan is ready.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I don't want Joker long-term.

But I must admit, I like what he adds to the team.

Just goes to show you how talentless we are, I guess...

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
ohbaby

Olli scored the Fins first goal in the Olympics!

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote