HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi-buf

Old
02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
kenny #9

vCash: 500
Biron for a 4th... fair for both sides.

kenny #9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsypostal View Post
As I said Sutton will get something at the deadline (2nd and a prospect) . He has been surprisingly healthy this year. And is a good d-man when he is healthy. What is Brendan Witt going to get anyone when he is already in the minors and is a -21?
I will be absolutely stunned if Sutton gets a 2nd, let alone a prospect as well. I'll change my avatar to Andy Sutton for a month if he gets the Islanders that.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto91 View Post
Hunter, Biron, Park for Mike Weber
Mark Mancari
3rd Rd Pick In 2010 would be more like it....although I would hope for a 2nd rd pick
This is better. Still not sure if I'd do it from a Sabres' perspective, but it is much more reasonable than the original deal. I think Park could find a niche on our 4th line and I've always been a big fan of Trent Hunter. Biron would upgrade our backup spot and we wouldn't give up anything of immediate worth. This wouldn't be too bad, though I would much rather give up one of our multitude of puck-moving D prospects rather than Weber, who I expect to step into the lineup and fill a role after a great year so far in the AHL this year.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:35 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
How about something built around Sutton and Hunter?

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsypostal View Post
you don't think they need a big d-man right now?? I would simply be willing to do Biron for Lalime and a 4th and stick Lalime on waivers or in Bridgeport also. I was just trying to work within the parameter of the original deal that was posted
They could use a GOOD defenseman, something Witt hasn't been in years. Sutton might be of interest if they shuffle things around to land a forward and require a third pairing guy or #7. But even then...

Biron for a mid-rounder, depending on how Regier and Ruff feel about Lalime might work.

02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
So basically Buffalo takes all of the Islanders garbage...
In a nutshell.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Amd

It is more like Biron for future consideration, waive Lalime and assign him to Portland. Biron is a healthy scratch. No one wants him. No one has tried to pick him up so Buffalo would be doing the Isles a favor just eating the rest of his contract.

Park, Witt, Tambellini offer the Sabres nothing. If they want to look for a veteran leadership and a puck moving defenseman like so many have talked about, I would rather see them try and pick up Recchi and Derek Morris. At least that helps them with some consistency on the power play.

Amd is offline   Reply With Quote