HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread- Trade Deadline Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
I wonder if something like this could be remotely workable?

Ottawa - Svatos (2.3, UFA), R.Jones (2.7, UFA)

Colorado - Picard (0.8, RFA)

Los Angeles - Cheechoo (3.0, 1 yr)... potentially some small sweetener from us and/or Colorado. Nothing big though.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Afro Thunder*

I think we have to wait for the next couple of games to see if Cheecho is worth trading, he showed some life last game against Calgary when he was with MM9 and Speeza so he might be getting his mojo back.

I am all for Svatos for Lee since he's pretty much useless right now in bingo, why not get a guy that might be benifit under our system and coach for a guy we don't seem to be using at all.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post

Los Angeles - Cheechoo (3.0, 1 yr)... potentially some small sweetener from us and/or Colorado. Nothing big though.
How does this benefit L.A. in any way?

They take on salary for this year AND next. Unless I'm missing something and Randy Jones is the worst player to ever play in the NHL, L.A. doesn't take on Cheechoo's contract next year.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post

They take on salary for this year AND next. Unless I'm missing something and Randy Jones is the worst player to ever play in the NHL, L.A. doesn't take on Cheechoo's contract next year.
Randy Jones was claimed off Waivers and it was rumoured that Lombardi was interested in Cheechoo because he plays like a "warrior" everytime he steps on the ice.. so he's high on Cheechoo even if he isnt producing..

Old
02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
I think we have to wait for the next couple of games to see if Cheecho is worth trading, he showed some life last game against Calgary when he was with MM9 and Speeza so he might be getting his mojo back.

I am all for Svatos for Lee since he's pretty much useless right now in bingo, why not get a guy that might be benifit under our system and coach for a guy we don't seem to be using at all.
You have to look at the farm system as well you can't just makes moves for now and on the big team.

Old
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Not interested in Svatos. I don't think we need any help in terms of scoring. Knowing Murray, if we're going to add a forward, he will have playoff experience, winning experience. Guys like Yelle, Cullen, Pisani even Armstrong. Caracter guys.

Svatos would be the kind of guy Muckler would get. He'd trade Silfverberg for Svatos than sign him to a 4 year contract and let Volchenkov walk because there's no more money left.

Old
02-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Raiderman74

I do agree, the two main targets should be Torres/Armstrong, both battle tested "cheechoo like" warriors haha.

Old
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
lulz.

Old
02-11-2010, 01:21 PM
TheBandWagon

Quote:

I would imagine Lombardi is interested in Cheechoo since he drafted him.

I would not wanna see Jones on our roster. I watch a lot of kings games because my housemate is a diehard fan, and let me tell you, if we think Picard is bad....wait till you see Jones, he was waived for a reason

Old
02-11-2010, 01:46 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

If Clouston sees something in Svatos, by all means get him but not at the cost of Lee. A 3rd round pick is likely the asking price for Svatos.

Two guys who I'd like to see moved to Ottawa are Wisniewski and Umberger. Both would be here for a few years and would fit into the mix imo. They'd be more expensive than a guy like Svatos but are still young and would be worth the prospects/picks going back the other way.

If you're looking for a young guy as a reclamation project and want to buy low, then I think Robert Nilsson would be worth a try.

Old
02-11-2010, 02:03 PM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Svatos:

41 games played this year in a top team: 6 g, 4 a, 10 pts, -11

Guys wake up, only good thing would be to send this UFA in the minor in exchange for Cheechoo.

Old
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Svatos:

41 games played this year in a top team: 6 g, 4 a, 10 pts, -11

Guys wake up, only good thing would be to send this UFA in the minor in exchange for Cheechoo.
Yeah, cause everyone here wants him so desperately. Low risk, high reward. Or just don't. I doubt anyone cares either way.

Old
02-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Pringles

how about this...

To Sens - Svatos
To Avs - 3rd
To kings - Cheechoo

Old
02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens fan in Toronto View Post
how about this...

To Sens - Svatos
To Avs - 3rd
To kings - Cheechoo
I assume the 3rd is LA's?

I doubt LA does a cheechoo for a 3rd

Old
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
to Chi
Kuba
Cheechoo

to ott
Cam Barker
Kris Versteeg

I seem to be one of the few around that likes cheechoo and think he will be great in the playoffs. I really like him playing on the first line but if he is going back down to the fourth line I think we should consider this trade. Versteeg is the top 6 that we need and Cam Barker is alot better then most give him credit for. He is having a rough year but I think that he can be a top 4 d-man on our team.

Chi
I think that Kuba can play a big role for chi this year and for years to come. Kuba is a legit #3 dman who could really help chi make a deep run playing with sopel. At the same time he also could be trying out for the 3 spot. I think picking up Kuba would also give them the oppertunity to trade Brian Cambell in the offseason. If it did not work out it would be easier to trade kuba in the offseason then it would be for barker. Cheechoo could easily take versteeg place on the third line and bring some grit and experience at the same time and he is great in the dressing room.

I think it would be a win win for both teams.
^
This

So we trade
23 yr old Versteeg and his 3.083 cap hit for 2 more years (56 GP , 13 goals + 20 assists = 33pts / + 14 )
23 yr old Barker and his 3.083 cap hit for 2 more years (51 GP , 4 goals + 10 assists = 14 pts / + 7 )

for

28 yr old Cheechoo - 3 mil cap hit thru 1 more year ( 60 GP , 5 goals + 9 assists = 14 pts / -11 )
33 yr old Kuba - 3.7 mil cap hit thru 2 more years ( 48 GP , 3 goals + 20 assists = 23 pts / -2 )

We worsen our team now and completely #### ourselves with cap next year

Cheechoo wouldn't even crack our 4th line

Hawks will move Barker and Versteeg either at deadline to improve us or in offseason for picks/prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPshot View Post
Chicago needs to clear cap space, this move does not help them in the least. It's likely they'd go for top prospects in exchange for Versteeg as all they will afford are entry level deals.
^
This

In fact Barker alone has drawn interest from (Ana and NYI) in recent week

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
It would clear cap space because right now they have no #3 dman. Brian Cambell is a #1 on most teams in the nhl. Who do they have if they get ride of him for a #3. Kuba is a 3.5m cheaper. They do not want to clear up cap space until the summer.
Niklas Hjalmarsson. Our current #4 would move to #3 and be paired with one of our offensive prospects (Lalonde or Connelly) if we somehow moved Campbell (Not going to happen).

Old
02-11-2010, 03:36 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
It was presuming that they were interested in him, as per rumours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
Not interested in Svatos. I don't think we need any help in terms of scoring.

Svatos would be the kind of guy Muckler would get. He'd trade Silfverberg for Svatos than sign him to a 4 year contract and let Volchenkov walk because there's no more money left.
He's let quite a few deadline pick ups go already. I'd only worry if he had ties to Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandWagon View Post
I would imagine Lombardi is interested in Cheechoo since he drafted him.

I would not wanna see Jones on our roster. I watch a lot of kings games because my housemate is a diehard fan, and let me tell you, if we think Picard is bad....wait till you see Jones, he was waived for a reason
Jones as a 7th D-man? Who cares... we probably wouldn't see any of him.

However, this gets rid of Cheechoo's salary next season, let's Clouston try Svatos out with little commitment and opens up salary space for the Kings to take Cheechoo this season.

Old
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Quote:

He's let quite a few deadline pick ups go already. I'd only worry if he had ties to Ottawa.
I heard his great grandfather was actually a Canadian soldier from Casselman fighting in WWII. His grandmother was in a German labour camps, they met after the liberation, fell in love, were going to get married but had to left in 1948 when the USSR took over. Murray sure is making efforts to find Ottawa connections.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:39 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Sens Playoff Deal

Rumour has it that Randy Sexton is willing to move almost anyone from his Florida Panthers roster & Horton it has been rumoured may be available for trade. Horton would add size, toughness & scoring, he's exactly what Spezza needs on his RW. We would have to give up a lot including probably a 1st rd pick but Horton is worth it because he is so young & so good. Seidenberg is a good steady defenceman & IMO better defensively than both Picard & Campolli.

To Florida: Cheechoo-Foligno-Picard-Lee-2010 1st rd pick-SJ 2nd rd pick ($4.6 mil)
To Ottawa: Horton & Seidenberg UFA ($6.2 mil)
Horton - C/RW - 51 17 29 46 32 1 - 24 yrs old - 6'2" 229 lbs
Seidenberg - LD 59 2 20 22 33 2 - 28 yrs old - 6'1" 210 lbs
http://www.capgeek.com/trade_machine.php

Michalek - Spezza - Horton
Kelly - Fisher - Alfredson
Shannon - Regin - Kovalev
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil/Donovan/Z. Smith

Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Volchenkov
Seidenberg - Caukner/Campolli/D. Smith

Elliott - Leclaire

Old
02-11-2010, 09:46 PM
SNAPshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Rumour has it that Randy Sexton is willing to move almost anyone from his Florida Panthers roster & Horton it has been rumoured may be available for trade. Horton would add size, toughness & scoring, he's exactly what Spezza needs on his RW. We would have to give up a lot including probably a 1st rd pick but Horton is worth it because he is so young & so good. Seidenberg is a good steady defenceman & IMO better defensively than both Picard & Campolli.

To Florida: Cheechoo-Foligno-Picard-Lee-2010 1st rd pick-SJ 2nd rd pick ($4.6 mil)

Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Volchenkov

Elliott - Leclaire
Thinking outside the box... not bad.

I would love to add Horton, it would certainly be an impact move that could reward us for a long time.

I'm not sure Seidenberg is an upgrade... but if things are to be shooken up for Florida, could we up it to get Ballard instead?

I'm not in favour of shuffling the deck too much when things are going well, but if we were to pick up a guy like Horton and Ballard (of course, quality would have to be sent the other way)...

Haven't looked up the figures, but I allowed myself to dream a little.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Volchenkov

Elliott - Leclaire
almost, but too much with foligno in there. Don't think murray wants to trade foligno unless there's a huge return coming back. I was looking through the florida roster earlier, can't find anyone that would help AND be affordable.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Johnny Hanson

vCash: 50
i dont know about seidenberg or ballard - weve already got mike fisher firing pucks at pascale, we dont need ballard hacking him in the head. we also dont need seidenberg taking wild dump ins off our best players legs and breaking them

Old
02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPshot View Post
Thinking outside the box... not bad.

I would love to add Horton, it would certainly be an impact move that could reward us for a long time.

I'm not sure Seidenberg is an upgrade... but if things are to be shooken up for Florida, could we up it to get Ballard instead?

I'm not in favour of shuffling the deck too much when things are going well, but if we were to pick up a guy like Horton and Ballard (of course, quality would have to be sent the other way)...

Haven't looked up the figures, but I allowed myself to dream a little.
Ballard would be amazing for this team. I'd rather target him than Horton to be honest. I think this team can get by with their forward talent.

Horton would look great with Spezza though.

Old
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

I would love to add a bunch of guys off the Florida roster, but the only ones I think the Sens should go after would be Seidenberg or Leopold. I would love Horton to play beside Spezza, but it wouldn't work cap wise and asset wise. The deal would pronbably have to be Cheechoo + Foligno + Lee + 1rst for Horton +

Old
02-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Alfredsson11

I would like to add a LW. I think our D will be fine once Karlsson comes back if he plays the way he was playing prior to injury.

Michalek - Spezza - XXX
XXX - Fisher - Alfredsson
XXX - Regin-Kovalev
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil

XXX - Acquisition, Foligno, Cheechoo, Shannon, Winchester.

I think this core of players is very strong. I also like ingthree balanced scoring lines along with that 4th line, which has to be one of the best in the league.

Perhaps a package involving Winchester? I don't think Winchester has the potential to be a top 6 player, which makes him easily replaceable.

Thoughts?

Old
02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Manny*

I hate Horton.

Closed Thread