HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Halak staying, Price leaving

Old
02-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
If e-clown had 1million monkeys on 1 million laptops, he'd still be lucky if he got even ONE trade right. If eclown says it, it's not happening. the only time he's ever had true facts on there is when he puts an e5 up on his board after reading TSN!

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:12 AM
captainpaxil

i dont think its hard to see really.

halak has done alot to showcase himself but if your in the market for a young goaltender a team is going to give up more for price. if gainey can get somebody to bend and spread em for halak hell keep price but if he runs into the situation like he did before where the offers arent what he wants hell deal price and play halak as hes now shown he can win games for the habs. hes got two goaltenders capable of starting and both rfa, hes going to deal whoever brings the most value back to the team.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Price to Dallas would be nice....Dallas has the cap space to give him some security. If it were Price i would give up a 1st and a prospect not named Neal or Benn.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:59 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
Eklund says that all of his sources are saying that Price will be on the move to a Western Conference team, and Halak will be staying. If Halak is playing like a #1 goalie and we can get more for Price, I say trade Price.
3 weeks ago Eklund said Oilers and Habs had a trade agreed upon sending Halak to Edmonton. They should ban putting his rumours on this board

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Price sucks.

Boston fans cringe when Halak is in net. If it is Price we know the Bruins can get to him and make him crack in front of his OWN fans.

Halak steals games left and right. Price makes it so Boston can get under his skin. I hope they are dumb enough to keep with him so Halak is traded and Montreal sticks with Theadore 2.0.

Not being rude to Habs fans but anyone outside of Montreal can see how amazing Halak is and I don't want to face him six times a year. Price? Anytime.
As a habs fan i wouldnt disagree with you. Price as a HUGE potential, once in a while comes up with Incredible games but the way he seems to get off his game so easily is just mind boggling Philly completely destroyed him in the 2nd round but who can blame Carey he isnt ready.. He needs seasoning... He still immature and too sensitive.. Does that make him a bust? No. He still can become a superstar he could become in montreal but we need a mentor for him, but gainey prefered to have a competitor instead of a role model... At least Halak caught the opportunity and his showing what he can do. Halak is extremmelly focus and always alert despite his size... great reflexes too not spectacular but efficiency is the name of his game... Price can have a great game and lets in a softer too often people tend to forgive him, Halak dont forgive himself and will adjust 20 times quicker, price can take a long stretch to get out of a funk.. But this is also due to the pressure he faces... I just cant wait to see how we gonna manage this situation. Gainey move could reflect the next 5-10 years depending how it turns out...

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Magnus Fulgur

"Jim" Carey Price for Ryder and a 2nd (Ryder has puck poise).

What do you thinking?

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
Eklund says that all of his sources are saying that Price will be on the move to a Western Conference team, and Halak will be staying. If Halak is playing like a #1 goalie and we can get more for Price, I say trade Price.
Habs would be dumb to do that. There's no pressure to make a move now, despite the excitement it can generate in the press (traditional and non-traditional) to create a buzz about it. There's no way another team could or should put a value on Price that is commensurate with his value to the Habs organization, there's simply no basis whatsoever for his name being in any trade rumours.

Well, unless you subscribe to the Gainey-is-insane theory. Which would not be unfair, necessarily. But still. If you want to subscribe to <insert-team-name>'s-GM-is-insane theories, then any "rumour" goes. Even if it's as completely illogical as this would be.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Because you'll have to move one at some point, ideally before you're backed in a corner and the value gets even worse.
It's true that ideally you get top value for the one you ship out, but I would rather have Gainey wait at least a little longer and hopefully keep the best of the two and get less value than now.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:12 PM
pspot

wonder if this is why gainey stepped down

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

Wasn't Price supposed to be Jesus? I don't recall them trading Jesus for Samuel, a donkey and a third in the Bible.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

I think Eky is still a popular site but he's so off base now people have stopped paying attention to him now

karnige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:18 PM
CommittedIndians

Price to Chicago for Huet? Throw some pieces/picks either way? Hmmmm

CommittedIndians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Did Eklund nail any of the trades last week? He is a complete fool as far as I'm concerned, and I challenge him right here, right now, to prove me wrong.
I also feel Eklund is a tool and a failure when it comes to this stuff, but on Friday I had Kovy def. not going the Devils because Eklund posted on Wednesday that Kovy was going to be a Devil and the Devils would be trading a pick, prospects and a roster player. Just sayin.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommittedIndians View Post

I hope not.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
fourstringninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommittedIndians View Post
From a Hawks POV, it would have to be Huet + Barker (now) or Buff (at the draft) plus a pick. (3rd?)

I'm also sure we would need to take a bad-ish contract our way to make this cap-friendly.

No way we give Buff up before the playoffs, but his big body presence is something I'm sure the Habs would be after.

Habs fans, what would you say to that?

fourstringninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
fourstringninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
I hope not.
Huet to the Sens then? Let the bidding war begin!

fourstringninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 12:42 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
why would you deal a Goalie who is only 22 years old? most goalies dont even make the NHL by that age

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringninja View Post
From a Hawks POV, it would have to be Huet + Barker (now) or Buff (at the draft) plus a pick. (3rd?)

I'm also sure we would need to take a bad-ish contract our way to make this cap-friendly.

No way we give Buff up before the playoffs, but his big body presence is something I'm sure the Habs would be after.

Habs fans, what would you say to that?
We would have to say "No, thank you". We had Huet and got rid of him because we know he isn't a good enough goalie, and that was BEFORE he was given a monster contract. Neither Barker nor Buff and a late pick make Huet worth taking for as much as a second round pick due to our cap situation and our knowledge of Huet's failings. Asking for Price in return for Huet? Not a chance. If you are offering us Huet for Price, you would have to include one of Kane/Toews/Keith due to the negative value of us taking back Huet. It is not something you would do, so it wouldn't happen.

I would be willing to offer Price, Plekanec, and 2 firsts for Toews and Barker or Sopel, though.

What do Chicago fans think of my counter?

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Price is over rated. If i were a Habs fan i'd be happy as hell to say bye bye to him.

Halak is much better.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Price is over rated. If i were a Habs fan i'd be happy as hell to say bye bye to him.

Halak is much better.
22 year old goalies with .913 save%'s are far from over rated. He is under high pressure as the second coming of christ and still has been on par with most elite goalies at that age. He goes through stages where he looks invincible, then has stages where he looks average. Sounds like a young goalie developing.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Mac Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I also feel Eklund is a tool and a failure when it comes to this stuff, but on Friday I had Kovy def. not going the Devils because Eklund posted on Wednesday that Kovy was going to be a Devil and the Devils would be trading a pick, prospects and a roster player. Just sayin.
1 in a million right, hey I had him going to the Devils too. Does that mean I can have my own rumor site now.

GO AVS GO

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
That would be ********.

Just like trading Roy in the past.

Would LOL if it had the same result.
I would become a fan of the Leafs.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Thundermare

Man That guy is GOOD

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 01:30 PM
pale

wrong again ...

pale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale View Post
you really re-hashed a thread from February to say this?... you don't know what the offers were in February, it is entirely possible Price was being sought after by a western conference team

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote