HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Toskala is happy to be gone!

Old
02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Turk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Comments like these make me puke...Ok Toskala sucks, I get it....He played less games than the "MONSTER" he put up two less wins than the "MONSTER" but he is the reason the Leafs are a joke...whatever....How did the "MONSTER" do with a 3-1 lead in NJ with only 3 minutes left to play? Come on people...the "MONSTER" will be run out of town just like the "useless Toskala, Raycroft, Cujo, Aubin, Gerber" etc.... How long will the fans be chanting Jiggy? My guess is not long....

How the media makes mountains outta moehills and the sheep fandom follows them along....What exactly did the "toskalol" say anyway that was so upsetting? Of course he's gonna "wash out the blue and white" In fact if he can erase his memory for the last couple of years Im sure he would.....Anyone see how cocky Raycroft looked the night he stole two points outta Toronto? Who is laughing now? Razor has a legitamate shot at seeing his name on the Stanley Cup....something he would never have had in the great hockey mecca......Toronto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
actually, together, they cost the leafs 3 seasons.

For the same reason why JFJ no longer has a GM job.

No he hasn't - he stunk in Boston, he stunk in Toronto, he stunk in Colorado, and now has had a couple of good games in the cushiest backup job in the NHL.

JSG immediately looks good here.

the Ducks are scared to play Vesa.

the jury is in.
I agree with some of that, but you said it yourself in bold. Some teams make marginal goalies look good, and some........
Here's hoping JSG and the Leafs break that trend.

Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Comments like these make me puke...Ok Toskala sucks, I get it....He played less games than the "MONSTER" he put up two less wins than the "MONSTER" but he is the reason the Leafs are a joke...whatever....How did the "MONSTER" do with a 3-1 lead in NJ with only 3 minutes left to play? Come on people...the "MONSTER" will be run out of town just like the "useless Toskala, Raycroft, Cujo, Aubin, Gerber" etc.... How long will the fans be chanting Jiggy? My guess is not long....

How the media makes mountains outta moehills and the sheep fandom follows them along....What exactly did the "toskalol" say anyway that was so upsetting? Of course he's gonna "wash out the blue and white" In fact if he can erase his memory for the last couple of years Im sure he would.....Anyone see how cocky Raycroft looked the night he stole two points outta Toronto? Who is laughing now? Razor has a legitamate shot at seeing his name on the Stanley Cup....something he would never have had in the great hockey mecca......Toronto.
It's hard to understand why Leaf fans are upset with Vesa's comments. It's not like the Leaf nation has poured superlatives over him either, so why is he not allowed to be happy about getting out of here?
Having said all this and going back to your post, I really wouldn't mind seeing Gustavsson being traded sooner rather than later, and after seeing what the fans here posted after the Jersey loss, I assume they all agree, unless there is some sort of perverted need to have somebody to whine about around here.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 08:20 AM
middletoe
Why am I me?

"We hate you but you're a jerk for being glad you're gone. The nerve of you."

Vesa seems like an ok guy. Hard to tell from just tv interviews though.

Edit: ha I should have just read the post before me. Oh well ... guess I'm reenforcement.

middletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 08:37 AM
PhilTheThrillKessel

I'm pretty sure the feelings are mutual between Leaf fans and Vesa. We're glad to see you leave!

PhilTheThrillKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs93 View Post
hahaha - that is the best comparison I have ever seen.

raycroft was normally fairly solid when he played but was TERRIBLE in the last 7 mins of the game. As for toskola, he is just garbage and Brian Burke should apologize to the ducks fans for sending toskola over there.
Quite a good description.

Raycroft was a choker as a Leaf - very good with shades of spectacular at unimportant times of the game, terrible in the final minutes or in clutch games as a whole.

He's like the opposite of a money goalie.

Old
02-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
It's hard to understand why Leaf fans are upset with Vesa's comments. It's not like the Leaf nation has poured superlatives over him either, so why is he not allowed to be happy about getting out of here?
Having said all this and going back to your post, I really wouldn't mind seeing Gustavsson being traded sooner rather than later, and after seeing what the fans here posted after the Jersey loss, I assume they all agree, unless there is some sort of perverted need to have somebody to whine about around here.
A player can be blamed almost exclusively for a team's loss, without being a completely useless pile of crap.

Has Brodeur ever cost NJ a game?
Has Luongo, early in this season perhaps, cost VAN any games?

Making absolute judgment on a player that has not even played a full season in the NHL is unreasonable. See Luke Schenn's early season struggles, and his play right now and compare that to his first season.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote