HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Braydon Coburn - habs inquiry

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2013, 08:54 AM
  #1
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
Braydon Coburn - habs inquiry

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the cost would be to acquire Braydon Coburn. Quite simply I would like to know your honest opinion on what you think the Flyers would get back in a deal involving Coburn.

thanks

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 08:56 AM
  #2
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 50
Probably someone like Beaulieu honestly.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:00 AM
  #3
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Probably someone like Beaulieu honestly.
Meh. The Flyers have a ton of defensive prospects now. I think they really lack some top end wing prospects. I would ask for Collberg before Beaulieu.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:02 AM
  #4
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Probably someone like Beaulieu honestly.
How about Magnus Nygren? Nygren has already succeeded against men in the SEL and is carrying the bulldogs D-core along with Pateryn ATM. Has emerged as one of the habs best in house offensive dman prospects.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=127573

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:07 AM
  #5
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Meh. The Flyers have a ton of defensive prospects now. I think they really lack some top end wing prospects. I would ask for Collberg before Beaulieu.
Tim Bozon and Arturri Lehkonen are probably our most dangerous prospects on the wings in terms of performance. You could even say Charles Hudon has surpassed Collberg. Although Collberg is playing with men, I suppose the only real comparable is Lehkonen.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=139964

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=147613

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=145126

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=129714

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:09 AM
  #6
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Give us LeClair and Desjardins...you can keep Gilbert Dionne

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:18 AM
  #7
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,736
vCash: 500
Beaulieu and Collberg for Coburn and Talbot

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:19 AM
  #8
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
speculation at the draft was 1st (nurse) +. the organization is pretty high on cobie

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:27 AM
  #9
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,412
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
speculation at the draft was 1st (nurse) +. the organization is pretty high on cobie
Two very key words. Nothing was ever confirmed by anyone, and player's values are different at different times. I'm not sure what Coburn could fetch if we traded him right now, but I think it would not be as much as the top ten pick + that was being rumored at the draft.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:37 AM
  #10
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,740
vCash: 769
don't really care. just want coburn off the team at this point

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:44 AM
  #11
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
don't really care. just want coburn off the team at this point
And who will be playing 20+ minutes per night? Oh right..we can do it by a committee of 3 cusp NHL D men which will increase the boneheadedness 3 fold....

This is what I want to know? People didn't like Carle and wanted him off the team and considered it addition by subtraction. The same is being leveled at Coburn b/c he can't be Pronger apparently.

If he is traded...Flyers better get a D man that can eat minutes. Coburn has his faults like Carle but let's not act like he is Jeff Cychrun out there...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:54 AM
  #12
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,740
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
And who will be playing 20+ minutes per night? Oh right..we can do it by a committee of 3 cusp NHL D men which will increase the boneheadedness 3 fold....

This is what I want to know? People didn't like Carle and wanted him off the team and considered it addition by subtraction. The same is being leveled at Coburn b/c he can't be Pronger apparently.

If he is traded...Flyers better get a D man that can eat minutes. Coburn has his faults like Carle but let's not act like he is Jeff Cychrun out there...
you're taking my comment way too literally

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:57 AM
  #13
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
speculation at the draft was 1st (nurse) +. the organization is pretty high on cobie
Yeah that didn't happen. That was people getting over zealous on a report by Dreger saying the Flyers wanted more than MPS+.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:09 AM
  #14
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Yeah that didn't happen. That was people getting over zealous on a report by Dreger saying the Flyers wanted more than MPS+.
hes not a franchise guy or even a #1 but he gets knocked around on here quite a bit. the potential of a high pick like that is higher than coburn. but cobie was a high pick himself and expectations and potential arent results. hes a very good complimentary stay at home d. those guys help your team in a lot of ways and i dont think the flyers would give him up unless it improves the team in a significant way

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:27 AM
  #15
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
hes not a franchise guy or even a #1 but he gets knocked around on here quite a bit. the potential of a high pick like that is higher than coburn. but cobie was a high pick himself and expectations and potential arent results. hes a very good complimentary stay at home d. those guys help your team in a lot of ways and i dont think the flyers would give him up unless it improves the team in a significant way
This is what annoys me about this organization and some of the fan base. It does a horrible job of overrating and underrating their own players. They want complementary players like Carle and Coburn to be Suter and Weber. They want Richards and Carter to be Crosby and Malkin and so on. They have to learn to surround these very good players with more prominant ones.

This is the same with JVR and now L Schenn....JVR was not going to be Kane and L Schenn is not going to be a number 1 D man. I'm not even going to get into B Schenn and Couturier....apparently they should also be Crosby and Malkin.

At some point which seems to be getting closer ..we'll be so sucky that maybe we'll be able to actually get a star in the draft at least. We got screwed with Kane of course and sort of lucky with G. If we do it through a trade and Holmgren is still around I fear what will be given up....like complementary players that act like glue on a team.


Last edited by FreshPerspective: 10-31-2013 at 10:32 AM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:28 AM
  #16
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
don't really care. just want coburn off the team at this point
exactly... do you have any lightly used practise pucks ???

if so, were do we sign ?

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:35 AM
  #17
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
hes not a franchise guy or even a #1 but he gets knocked around on here quite a bit. the potential of a high pick like that is higher than coburn. but cobie was a high pick himself and expectations and potential arent results. hes a very good complimentary stay at home d. those guys help your team in a lot of ways and i dont think the flyers would give him up unless it improves the team in a significant way
That doesn't mean he's worth it. The only first rounder Coburn is returning for you is in the second half of the first round.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:39 AM
  #18
UKFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
This is what annoys me about this organization and some of the fan base. It does a horrible job of overrating and underrating their own players. They want complementary players like Carle and Coburn to be Suter and Weber. They want Richards and Carter to be Crosby and Malkin and so on. They have to learn to surround these very good players with more prominant ones.

This is the same with JVR and now L Schenn....JVR was not going to be Kane and L Schenn is not going to be a number 1 D man. I'm not even going to get into B Schenn and Couturier....apparently they should also be Crosby and Malkin.

At some point which seems to be getting closer ..we'll be so sucky that maybe we'll be able to actually get a star in the draft at least. We got screwed with Kane of course and sort of lucky with G. If we do it through a trade and Holmgren is still around I fear what will be given up....like complementary players that act like glue on a team.
I disagree. No one expects Coburn to be a #1 dman. But, we expect him to play to a decent enough level. I didn't see all of the ANA game, but from what I did see, Coburn was playing a lot better. However, he's been way underperforming throughout last year and the start of this year. This is a guy who we know has all the tools needed, but doesn't engage his brain. He's a very frustrating player.

I would argue that the fanbase, certainly on HF, has been supportive of Couturier. We bemoaned Lavy for his treatment of him, and IMO most people have been happy with the improvement since Berube stepped up his role in the team.

UKFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 10:56 AM
  #19
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFlyers View Post
I disagree. No one expects Coburn to be a #1 dman. But, we expect him to play to a decent enough level. I didn't see all of the ANA game, but from what I did see, Coburn was playing a lot better. However, he's been way underperforming throughout last year and the start of this year. This is a guy who we know has all the tools needed, but doesn't engage his brain. He's a very frustrating player.

I would argue that the fanbase, certainly on HF, has been supportive of Couturier. We bemoaned Lavy for his treatment of him, and IMO most people have been happy with the improvement since Berube stepped up his role in the team.
Last year the organization wanted Coburn to take the next step and be that number 1 guy. He didn't do it and we now need to accept what he is which is a very good complementary D man who eats minutes and is generally healthy like Carle was. People need to get used to this. Yeah Coburn's hockey IQ isn't off the charts but people I think fad hate the guy like Carle before him way too much.

If the Flyers are to trade him they better get something good that will help the team. Not just let him walk without a better option or worse for nothing like Carle which contrary to the haters did not help the team....


Last edited by FreshPerspective: 10-31-2013 at 11:01 AM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:04 AM
  #20
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
WTF was I thinking?


Last edited by dingbathero: 10-31-2013 at 09:41 PM.
dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:07 AM
  #21
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1985-94
Posts: 4,462
vCash: 500
Beaulieu and a pick for sure.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:20 AM
  #22
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
don't really care. just want coburn off the team at this point
yup. I agree.
really dont understand the massive mancrush people have with him. They are still holding out hope he can turn it around. How old is he now? he is what he is. a inconsistent middle pairing defender.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 11:54 AM
  #23
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yup. I agree.
really dont understand the massive mancrush people have with him. They are still holding out hope he can turn it around. How old is he now? he is what he is. a inconsistent middle pairing defender.
Again..who would you like him replaced with..it's not enough to just get draft picks b/c some believe addition by subtraction is enough. Has nothing to do with mancrushes and more to do with pragmatism. Supposedly, teams were offering up draft picks only for Coburn in the offseason and the Flyers didn't bite b/c they need bodies especially ones that can play and eat up minutes and still do so fairly well. With Timonen looking like father time and players like Gus still looking inconsistent..not to mention D men on the Phantoms still cusp NHL players like the Dane and Alt....the Flyers need something solid back on D one way or another.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 01:01 PM
  #24
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
don't really care. just want coburn off the team at this point
Coburn has looked a lot better the last 4 or 5 games, he's being especially aggressive carrying the puck up the ice which is nice considering the alternative is him or Grossmann trying to connect a pass.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 01:04 PM
  #25
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
The past has shown he'll be terrible for about 20 games soon. We shall see.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.