HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 11:28 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
So they managed to get Harkless and Moultrie. Byebye Iggy?
Harkless isn't ready to start. Moultrie is a big. Iggy may be gone, but not because of these picks.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Throw away/wasted pick @ 54. Whatever. Odds are we'll never hear the name Tornike Shengelia ever again past tonight.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:45 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Throw away/wasted pick @ 54. Whatever. Odds are we'll never hear the name Tornike Shengelia ever again past tonight.
We sold it to Dallas

Terms on the 1st we traded:

Quote:
No. 1. The first-rounder is lottery-protected for the next three drafts, a source told ESPN.com's Chad Ford. If the Heat do not get the pick by the 2015 draft, they will receive a second-round pick in 2015 and a second-round pick in 2016.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:46 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Knew that was coming. Adding two guys in the draft is enough. You rarely see teams draft more than two college guys a year. Although I'm not sure what Dallas' plans are as they now have 4 draft picks.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Thanks for the info mm6492. looks like an even better trade now that we are protected from disaster.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:25 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
27th(Moultrie) for 45th (Justin Hamilton) and future 1st***

Take Moultrie
Didn't like the trade at first but Moultrie was projected to go mid-1st. Wonder why he (along with Perry Jones) slide so far? Most likely the Sixers will pick up a 1st rounder to replace this one if/when Iggy is eventually traded.

***Lottery Protected Pick for 2013, 2014, 2015 if not awarded a non-lottery 1st round pick by 2015. Sixers will send 2015 and 2016 2nd round picks to Miami to complete trade***

Last edited by litflyersfan: 06-29-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old
06-29-2012, 12:31 AM
PhilaFlyers

Philadelphia 76ers ‏@Sixers
Quote:
#Sixers trade draft rights to Tornike Shengelia (54th overall pick) to Brooklyn in exchange for cash considerations. #NBADraft

Old
06-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

http://nbadraft.net/players/arnett-moultrie

http://nbadraft.net/players/moe-harkless

Old
06-29-2012, 08:15 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Didn't like the trade at first but Moultrie was projected to go mid-1st. Wonder why he (along with Perry Jones) slide so far? Most likely the Sixers will pick up a 1st rounder to replace this one if/when Iggy is eventually traded.

***Lottery Protected Pick for 2013, 2014, 2015 if not awarded a non-lottery 1st round pick by 2015. Sixers will send 2015 and 2016 2nd round picks to Miami to complete trade***
Report is Perry Jones knee(s) are like Brandon Roys, its just bone on bone. Again, this is just reports and what i've heard.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Amateur Hour

A close friend of mine, who's a huge college/NBA fan and whose basketball opinion I trust, has been hyping up Harkless for months. He loves his game and raw ability and thinks his potential is through the roof, but that it'll take a bit for things to come together. Accordingly, he says Harkless would easily be a top-10 -- maybe even top-5 -- pick in next year's draft if he stayed another season in college. Putting up 15 points and close to 9 rebounds per game (including 30 and 13 against Duke) on 44.5% shooting as a freshman is quite impressive. Lots of upside with this kid.

Also like that the Sixers were able to capitalize on Moultrie's slide and snag him from the Heat. Great value, especially considering the future first rounder traded away is lottery protected for the next three seasons.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
A close friend of mine, who's a huge college/NBA fan and whose basketball opinion I trust, has been hyping up Harkless for months. He loves his game and raw ability and thinks his potential is through the roof, but that it'll take a bit for things to come together. Accordingly, he says Harkless would easily be a top-10 -- maybe even top-5 -- pick in next year's draft if he stayed another season in college. Putting up 15 points and close to 9 rebounds per game (including 30 and 13 against Duke) on 44.5% shooting as a freshman is quite impressive. Lots of upside with this kid.

Also like that the Sixers were able to capitalize on Moultrie's slide and snag him from the Heat. Great value, especially considering the future first rounder traded away is lottery protected for the next three seasons.
Yeah--I don't hate the pick. I wasn't enamored with Zeller. I liked Henson--but he came off the board one pick earlier.

Is Iggy likely to go for picks rather than (contributing) players, right?

I was wondering whether we would have packaged Iggy and our 15th for a top-pick, but I guess that's not really the way NBA trades work?

Old
06-30-2012, 11:44 AM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post

Also he played for a team that lost almost all of its scholarship players in a tough league. So the numbers are impressive considering he pretty much had to carry st. johns.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Sixers tendered Allen and didn't extend qualifying offers to Meeks, S.Young and Silas as expected, making them UFAs.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Sixers tendered Allen and didn't extend qualifying offers to Meeks, S.Young and Silas as expected, making them UFAs.
These are right moves I think. Meeks should be replaceable, especially with the bit of salary bump he's going to get.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Allen signed a 2 year, $6m deal.

Old
07-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Jrue Holiday has been added to the USA Basketball Select Team Roster and is reportedly seeking a maximum contract extension, a source tells Yahoo! Sports.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nba/phi/?r=1

Old
07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Sixers working on a trade for Howard?

http://m.*******************/article...re-in-the-hunt

Do not like at all. They would have to trade a plethora of the young guys for a player who will be a UFA next summer, when the sixers will have enough cap to go after him.

Last edited by Mr Black: 07-02-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old
07-02-2012, 04:29 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:

Do not like at all. They would have to trade a plethora of the young guys for a player who will be a UFA next summer, when the sixers will have enough cap to go after him.
i assume it'd be under the condition he signs an extension. I'd do it, he's not going to hit free agency. Someone will trade for his rights long before then. The sixers need a star player to put them over the top and to build around.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:30 PM
FLYguy3911

Seems like he has his sights set on one team and one team only- Brooklyn.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Anyone see what our old friend Billy King did in Brooklyn today? Traded (albeit mostly junk contracts) for Joe Johnson.

I wouldn't say it COMPLETELY bones the Nyets vis-a-vis Howard, but it makes life difficult. I figured he was exploring these trades to posture and keep the price reasonable. That sort of elementary negotiation tactic is far beyond King though, who was hosed by a fellow Duke alumnus and horrible GM here (Danny Ferry).

The two Sixers trade possibilities that seem appealing would be Iguodala for Gasol but that scares me for a couple reasons. Gasol is at least in a holding pattern if not decline. The Sixers have terrible luck with that kind of acquisition (Webber, Brand, Van Horn et al). Lastly, the Lakers want another decent asset judging from their failed talks regarding a Gasol-Josh Smith exchange.

The only other one I like is getting Howard and signing him to an extension. It carries its own risks but it's a real power move for a real franchise player. There is no way he is hitting the open market, deal will have to be made through a trade.

That all hinges on Howard. Today he says he only wants the Nets, but I don't believe that. He changes his mind every time he farts plus the Nyets are weakening their position by the moment. They are not going to bring back Williams by any credible account of his wishes, they don't have Lopez under contract and they now sunk a lot of contracts into Johnson. I doubt Orlando is chopping at the bit to get Gerald Wallace as a centerpiece.

So if Howard would re-up in Philly, then yes, go for it, make it happen.

I still can't over King though. He traded a lotto pick for Wallace, whom he could have likely signed as a free agent and wound up paying too much anyway. He traded for one of the worst contracts in the NBA. He alienated his star point guard and may have blown a beautiful situation where the only two big names on the market in their primes would have been his (Williams re-signing, Howard coming in a trade). What a bum! Sadly, this was the guy in charge during much of the Sixers' ONE period of prominence in the past 30 years.

07-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Quote:
Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Nikola Vucevic, Maurice Harkless and Arnett Moultrie.
I don't follow the NBA that closely, but isn't that an insane offer?

Wouldn't that leave the Sixers in basically the same position Orlando is now? Howard, and not a lot else?

Old
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post

Wouldn't that leave the Sixers in basically the same position Orlando is now? Howard, and not a lot else?
That's what I was thinking too. It's like would you rather have Orlandos team or the current sixer team? If Orlando wants BOTH Holiday and Turner, they can get lost.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too. It's like would you rather have Orlandos team or the current sixer team? If Orlando wants BOTH Holiday and Turner, they can get lost.
Im not sure if it has changed since the new CBA, but in the NBA you needed to match up salaries with in 15%. Maybe that is why those names were mentioned.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:59 PM
mm6492

Quote:

Howard and Igudola would be here. Would need to bring in a PF, SG, and PG.

Amnesty Brand.

Sign Ryan Anderson, Kirk Hinrich, Ray Allen, and Lou Williams

Hinrich
Williams / Allen
Iggy
Anderson
Howard

Yea, or team would be gutted. Thats a hell of a deal for Orlando. If i was them, I easily take it.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Broussard now saying Nets back in serious discussion for Howard, deal with a sign-and-trade of Lopez and Humphries plus three first rounders for him. Great haul for Orlando on the surface but only if they like those two guys, plus the picks would probably be low. Nets trying to be serious players, could all flop though because of Howard's back, Deron's moodiness (also not under contract at the moment), age on their other guys and general lack of depth with no picks to restock it. I think in order to get the deal done they would need a third team and what does New Jersey have to offer that team? Numbers also seem wonky for S+T on both guys I think Orlando would need to put another contract in or, again, get it from a third team somehow.

Quote:

It has them trading the last five guys they have taken in the first round for him. If you look at the proposed NJ deal, it's pretty similar with three firsts, Lopez (a lotto pick) and Humphries was also a former first rounder. Still, the Sixers guys are all already roster players. They have depth but not that much, I dunno, seems like a stretch/conjecture anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Howard and Igudola would be here. Would need to bring in a PF, SG, and PG.

Amnesty Brand.

Sign Ryan Anderson, Kirk Hinrich, Ray Allen, and Lou Williams

Hinrich
Williams / Allen
Iggy
Anderson
Howard

Yea, or team would be gutted. Thats a hell of a deal for Orlando. If i was them, I easily take it.

They will have to overpay Williams when they could be getting short-term bargains with good upside out of Jrue/Turner. Allen will re-sign with Boston or go to Miami. Lots of teams will be after Anderson. Heinrich seems kind of unappealing.

Last edited by Andrew Knoll: 07-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Closed Thread