HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2012, 09:47 PM
litflyersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I like this trade a lot less now since Harkless is involved.

Orlando goes from hosed to getting a good return, Nuggets still make out like bandits, but now Sixers are giving up their last 2 1st round picks plus a future 1st for a guy who might not even be here next year and Jason freakin Richardson.
I share the same feeling. Sixers should only do this deal pending a contract extension on Bynum. A borderline playoff team giving up not 1 but 2 future first in one off-season could spell disaster specially if Bynum bolts at the end of the year. I know the 1st we owe the Heat is lottery protected, I could only hope the 1st we're giving to the Magic is at least top 5 (or 10) protected. If Bynum does re-sign and more importantly stays healthy this could very well be a steal for the Sixers, those are some big if's though. So bottom line is........

Sixers receive..........Bynum, Richardson
Sixers give.......Iggy, Harkless, Vucevic, future 1st.

Edit:

Quote:
A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.
Thank god.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:54 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
Nvrmnd

Last edited by MRxBLACK: 08-09-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old
08-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Prongo
Beer

I'll still stand by my opinion that the sixers make out big time in this trade. That protected first rounder is nothing really. The NBA draft is such a crap shoot it's practically a joke. You don't select top 5-8 you generally are not getting a starter in the NBA(exaggeration somewhat but you get the point). Bynum is a beast, yes has some baggage with him, but people are saying they could see him signing with us. Also something to note Mark Stein is reporting that Howard definitely will NOT sign an extension with the Lakers.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I respect your opinion but guys like Bynum are so rare. Young, 7 footer, double-double machine, defensive anchor.

Harkless is easily replaced at some point.
If Bynum wasn't an impending UFA and didn't have injury and maturity problems, I'd be fine with moving Harkless.

I could easily see him leaving for like Dallas or Brooklyn next summer.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Justified
Amaro out

The more I think about it, the more I think he will resign. The 76ers are now in a position to give him a huge contract and that is what he is after. Plus how many times do 7 foot scoring centers come around? I like this trade. The only thing that worries me is he is injury prone.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:

I could easily see him leaving for like Dallas or Brooklyn next summer.
Brooklyn would be impossible financially. If he doesn't commit by the trade deadline then the Sixers have an epic trading piece.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:02 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think he will resign. The 76ers are now in a position to give him a huge contract and that is what he is after. Plus how many times do 7 foot scoring centers come around? I like this trade. The only thing that worries me is he is injury prone.
Yeah his knees are concerning. On resigning, isn't that far from his hometown and the sixers can offer one more year than any other team.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:13 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Bynum will resign according to Adande:

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

Howard a Laker. Bynum will re-sign in Philly. Denver saves $15 million in 2014-15. Only team this wasn't a no-brainer for is...Orlando

Old
08-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

Howard a Laker. Bynum will re-sign in Philly. Denver saves $15 million in 2014-15. Only team this wasn't a no-brainer for is...Orlando
If true, big time move for the Sixers. Now they just need that prolific scorer from the outside and they could actually contend.

Turner, the Sixers nation is looking at you

Old
08-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande

Is he guessing/speculating or is that a report?

I think Orlando did a lot better than the initial rumor.

Afflalo, Harrington, Harkless, Vucevic and a 1st from each team. While unloading J-Rich's albatross on us and finally ending the Howard drama.

I still think Denver is the clear cut winner though.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

I think Orlando did a lot better than the initial rumor.

Afflalo, Harrington, Harkless, Vucevic and a 1st from each team. While unloading J-Rich's albatross on us and finally ending the Howard drama.

Reading other forums and websites all your opinions are definitely in the minority. Not saying your right or wrong, just not agreeing with ya.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:21 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:

While unloading J-Rich's albatross on us and finally ending the Howard drama.

I'm not sure but J.A. Adande is tight with the Laker organization.

J-Rich's contract looks bad this year but next year Nick Young's will be gone, the year after that is a player option.

I think it is a good trade for all four teams, Orlando the least.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:22 PM
mm6492

A ton of pressure on Turner now.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Bynum is going to stay. Exciting to see as well. Sixers at least inching up the ladder. But no excuses anymore for not only Turner, but the offense. Iguodala was seen as the guy who killed the offense, so now that he's gone, there needs to be production.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Reading other forums and websites all your opinions are definitely in the minority. Not saying your right or wrong, just not agreeing with ya.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they did great or anything, just better. They still come out in 4th place in this deal.

Orlando shoulda traded Howard last year. They were never gonna get a great package now. Compared to just Gasol + Afflalo they did better. Meanwhile they unload J-Rich and ended the circus.

As for the Sixers maybe I'm just too high on Harkless, but a signed/healthy Bynum makes me ok with moving him.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:25 PM
laundryman

I'm just not sure if Bynum is mature enough to be the best player on a team. Hopefully working with Collins will help him.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:34 PM
FLYguy3911

James Harden next year .

But seriously, him and Collins are pretty close.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Prongo
Beer

The Sixers beat writer is actually saying Bynum and Howard are both going to sign extensions. His source is from someone who works in the business and is tightly connected to our area sports. He will be asking around more to clarify in the morning.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:36 PM
JVR21
G

Bynum and Richardson. The Sixers are going to be exciting!?! This is awesome.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
As long as Bynum re-signs, I'm definitely excited about this trade. I don't like the fact that we're giving up our last 3 first round picks, but I was never a big fan of Vucevic, and Harkless is no huge loss. I saw him as another marginal, serviceable forward, more of what the Sixers already have a lot of.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:55 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

i don't anything about basketball, but i've heard of Bynum, so i guess that's good.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The Sixers beat writer is actually saying Bynum and Howard are both going to sign extensions. His source is from someone who works in the business and is tightly connected to our area sports. He will be asking around more to clarify in the morning.
Espn said that he WON'T sign an extension and instead test free agency.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:59 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Espn said that he WON'T sign an extension and instead test free agency.
From twitter, Sam Amico, not sure how valid

Quote:
Andrew Bynum did not offer assurances to Sixers he will sign an extension, source said. He wouldn't have done that anywhere. Still, Sixers feel as if he's worth the risk, especially since they aren't exactly surrendering the future of the franchise (Andre Iguodala to Denver, Moe Harkless, Nikola Vucevic and first-rounder to Magic) to obtain him.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Snotbubbles

The Sixers own Bynum's Bird rights. If all he cares about is the largest contract, then he will re-sign with the Sixers since they will be able to offer him the most money. This is why I have little doubt he will re-sign.

This has to be looked at as a huge win for the Sixers. They now have one of the top centers in the conference. My only concern with Bynum is his health. But if he stays relatively healthy, the Sixers will be a threat to win the Atlantic division next season. Bynum has legitimate star potential, more than Iguodala. I like the trade.

Old
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Sixers weren't going to go too far anyway so the Bynum trade is a very nice move on their part. Yeah it's risky since he may not resign but it was a necessary risk IMO.

As far a Brickadola....I think this comment on Philly.com sums up his stint here...our teams seem to do this. We did it with Richards and Carter but Sixers really went overboard with Iggy and did a diservice to him and the team...

Quote:
This is a good trade for the Sixers, I think. Bynum's ceiling is very high, and he is approaching his prime.
However, I want to say this about Iguodala - the 76ers are more to blame for the fans dissatisfaction with him than he is. The 76ers marketing him as a franchise centerpiece, someone to build a team around. That is like marketing Iverson as an Assist man and someone to create for his teammates. You cannot make someone they are not. Iguodola is a GREAT complimentary player. He is a shutdown defender, plays offensively above the rim, and moves without the basketball. If you have a Big Man and a scorer, than Iguodala will flourish as the 3rd option. But marketing him as a franchise player is kinda like marketing George Lynch as a franchise player. He was a great role player, but he was never someone to build a team around.
— bumpi16

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz239sumZtT

Closed Thread